+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Pretty obvious those same people haven't been back to this thread since making their ill-advised vows, my words would not reach them.

well yeah but i always get a kick out of reading your rant style vows so an actual rant would be even better.

Very beautiful work, kvlt ghost. I'm pretty sure you can complete a vow even if you aren't actually 100% done with the painting, so it may be in sight depending on how exactly you go about painting. For instance, if you haven't finished the basing yet, you can still lay claim to having painted the models.

E TENEBRAE LUX

icon7.gif THE DARK ANGELS PAINTING CHALLENGE icon7.gif

ONLY 24 HOURS TO GO UNTIL THE END OF E TENEBRAE LUX!

So make haste – this time tomorrow the doors close forever! Set your B&C clock to GMT time, this is what I’m going by. Please make sure you got the daylight saving time correct! Even London is at +1 GMT at the moment.

Good luck to all!

finally, sorry its a late horse, but VOW COMPLETE

gallery_60879_7586_318336.jpg

gallery_60879_7586_2002637.jpg

gallery_60879_7586_1883597.jpg

gallery_60879_7586_2828530.jpg

gallery_60879_7586_3766323.jpg

in case you hadn't guessed, the top is my sorceror, the middle 2 are my chosen and the bottom 2 are my standard squad of Iron Warriors. i took some better pics and will post them up later in a new thread, but in they are all in my albums page anyway.

Being a Last Minute Larry again...

Four of my five Havocs are done except for some gold trim, and the fifth Havoc and the Icon of Chaos Glory haven't even been started yet. Unless I'm dreadfully wrong about this, I make that I've got just under five hours before the 22:00 GMT deadline.

So it's off to the hobby room I go to finish up!

After realizing that burning the candle at both ends would not be enough, I came up with the brilliant plan of just taking a flame thrower to the candle and calling it good. My brother had a spray gun I hooked up to my air compressor and I gave it a once over with Fortress Grey and used up all my remaining Badab Black to get the Brass Scorpion into the nearly done pile. It is drying right now, but once done I can get a few last details and declare victory. Also between the two sprays I painted some stuff as well. It is amazing how much more productive you are when you stop sleeping because nerve pain keeps you awake for days on end (although once I get the approval for gamma knife surgery I cannot honestly say I will miss not sleeping).

Sorry deamonclaw - oversight. Will be fine in the next update of the tables (after the deadline).

WHICH IS IN 15 MINS

@ Fasha: what's going on there... And what is this Scorpion? I;m accepting the completion but do give us more detailed pics...

Vow complete! I'll prob go back and add some finer details, but it's good enough for government work. I'll add up a better pic onto my blog. Just wanted to make sure I got it uploaded on time.

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac197/gfan360/DSCN0452.jpg

nope its almost 2200 right now. im a communications guy in the navy, so we set all our stuff to zulu time. i got the clock sitting right next to me. two hours to go guys!!!!!!

also this

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

If this is true, I can get my plague bearers finished off and get another 105 points in...

My log has the details, I just posted the group shot here for a summary of the Dornian log on my signature.

As for the Brass Scorpion, I had initially vowed it as a 0 point submission but you said it was to be count as, which means a Brass Scorpion of Khorne is clearly a 150 point Heavy Support choice on page 101, middle entry, in the Chaos Codex. Check it out, it is just misspelled as "Chaos Defiler" which is a silly typo they should have FAQ'd. Kind of fitting since my model is literally two Defiler kits bashed together.

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/DA_Challenge_Stop_Now.jpg

NO FURTHER COMPLETIONS ARE ACCEPTED!!!

So this is it. E TENEBRAE LUX reached its conclusion. No further completions are accepted or recognized beyond this point. So what now? Well this thread has still some purpose to fulfill – read on.

I will do a final update with the last vows in, which should be over in half an hour or so.

For the next 24 hours you’ll be required to check you vows and make sure your status is correctly represented. If you notice any discrepancies please feel free to contact me to discuss and make the necessary adjustments if applicable. Come Friday no changes to the tables will be considered.

PLEASE REFRAIN OF POSTING ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS THREAD APART FROM COMMENTS ON YOUR STATUS. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER THREAD TO DISCUSS THE RESULTS AND ANYTHING ELSE RELATED TO E TENEBRAE LUX.

On Friday I will post a new thread to discuss the event in detail presenting tons of stats and comments. It will also be used for presenting the “win” banners for the first time plus some other surprises.

AGAIN DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN COMMENTS ON THE STATUS OF YOUR VOW.

Let’s keep the anticipation high until the Final Report is released.

Thanks to all for participating.

Captain Semper

The table has my second vow listed as incomplete, but you are probably still updating across the boards and gave yet to get to it. There is also the question of if you are counting that scorpion shaped construct as a 150 point Defiler or the 0 point entry I initially thought it was. If the former is the case, then the point total for my second vow needs to be updated to 2,350 points from 2,200 points otherwise, never mind me as I paint a Commissar Khârn as my victory dance.

You're right, I was doing my rounds in the loyalist forums... Check it out, it should be OK now! ;)

Congratulations again on completing your huge vows! I really liked the Dornian Heresy touch! It sure shows how the B&C communit interacts. It's 02:15 am here - going to bed! :(

Archived