+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

I have begun work upon my vow in my Dornian Heresy blog. I have also included the link in my signature too. Thus far two Imperial Fists have been painted and I finished the Icon Bearer, who sadly does not count as I had already started painting him prior to making my vow, although you can see how far he came today.

One question. Must our models be fully based as well at this point or can we let that go if we're still clueless as to what scheme we wish to use?

“I Vorganov answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 7 Fallen Angels Space Marines from Codex: [Chaos Space Marines] of total value 175pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Fallen and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Troops: Chaos Space Marines (7#, 175 pts)

6 Chaos Space Marines, 175 pts ((C:CSM, pp. 26 & 96); Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Chaos Glory; Bolt Pistol x6; Bolter x5; Close Combat Weapon x6; Plasma gun x1) 1 Aspiring Champion ((C:CSM, pg. 96); Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolter; Power Weapon; Plasma Pistol)

Photo, that I will provide tomorrow...

And the WIP Link

This seems like a perfect opportunity to finish some models for my AL warband!

“I Excessus answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 5 Chosen with 2x melta guns from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 110pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Alpha Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

What the heck, I'll give it a whirl.

"I, Kol_Saresk, do rise up to the challenge of the Unforgiven and I do solemnly vow to complete eight Night Lords that will total 185 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Night Lords and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until year-end."

Minis to be painted:

8 Marines(120 points)

6 Basic Chaos Space Marines

1 Aspiring Champion(15 points)

*With a powerfist(25 points) and a plasma pistol(15 points)

And one who bears an Icon to Chaos Glory(10 points)

Both Photos and WIP will be up soon.

All vows updated to this point!

One question. Must our models be fully based as well at this point or can we let that go if we're still clueless as to what scheme we wish to use?

Well since basing is such a subjective thing, I'd say no - you don't have to fully base them. But even a simple a lick of paint will be looked upon favourably!

All vows updated to this point!

Missed mine at the bottom of page 3.

“I, Tchort, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Chaos Terminator Lord from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 150 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.”

Chaos Lord

- Terminator Armour

- Daemon Weapon

- Personal Icon

I am offically withdrawing my vow to complete 5 possesed with a champ from the Chaos Sub forum to vow to paint some Space Wolves.

Sorry gents, but is it not the way of chaos to stab another in the back. Besides, I'm still waiting to come up with the $$$ to order all of the FW upgrades...

End of Line

I Grifon pledge the following to the Ruinous Powers:

1 10 Man Chaos Marine Squad with Heavy Bolter, and close combat weapons, with Champion

Not sure of total points cost here at work, if someone is willing to crunch the numbers and add them in that would be great ^_^

To get more vows in afterwards?

All vows come to a halt in about two weeks. I don't see there's going to be a lot of follow-on vows from our section in any case. Given our appalling performance in the LPC this year, I'll be content if the vows we already have on the docket actually get done.

That's all prayer is. The point's not to ask the gods for anything, the point is to lay the smackdown on these candy-***** and get the gods' attentions the way it was intended: actions, deeds, getting the job done. That's why I say it's not the number of vows a single person makes that matters most, it's accomplishing the vows you've made no matter their number. So a bunch of little vows at 150 points apiece that don't get finished is less deserving of the favor of the gods than a single vow of 500+ that does get finished. I don't have faith that the Dark Gods of the Warp will grant me the discipline/power/stamina/etc. to finish my vow, that's on me. I do have faith that when I finish my vow, the Dark Gods of the Warp will know that I've done what I said I would do, and the reward bestowed will be proportionate to the heaping shame and misery that the achievement of my work shall inflict on the mewling lambs of Caliban.

So no, it's not about hope and prayer, those are for the weak who believe that just because it's asked it should be given. It's about setting the galaxy aflame with a torch of your own making, then pointing at the conflagration and saying "Behold! I have done this thing by the might of my own hand and the malice I hold towards the False Emperor's Imperium of slaves! I am deserving of your gifts and boons because I have earned them with blood and iron!" I currently hold the largest vow in points of Chaos Ascendant, and it will be completed on schedule because I do not accept that I will fail; my works glorify the Dark Gods, the Warp, the Warmaster and myself, and I don't need gods to tell me what I stand to lose if I do, nor do I need to ask gods for help so that I don't.

Fear not Khestra, the vow I made for the Ruinous Powers in the name of the Arch-Betrayer Rogal Dorn is but a prelude to a much greater one. Yet for now I gather those forces that shall comprise it.

You also fail to recognize the insidious nature of these small vows to Chaos as we can make follow up vows throughout the entire time, allowing us to destroy the servants of the False Emperor before they even realize they've lost:

That's correct. First vow should be made by June 15. After that no new entrants are allowed. Old entrants however can vow again provided they have completed the initial oath. That way you can catch up with other sub forums that might be ahead in points. But be careful! If you fail your second vow all is lost - your first vow won't count either! So be extra sure before you up the stakes :D

Ok sorry, I was just kidding since the Word Bearer fluff describes their actions as praying. I'll leave the subject alone from now on.

They have their own way of doing things, obviously, but even they acknowledge the only sure way of getting on the good side of the Dark Gods isn't supplicating like beggars, but sacrificing. Prayer is a ritual thing for them, but I sincerely doubt even the most devout of them bear any sort of expectation of there being a response without putting the necessary work into earning said response.

As to what the Blood God thinks of my stance, Captain Semper, he registers no complaints, so long as the blood flows. He requires no prayers, either, merely skulls. ;)

Archived