+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

oh man. just looked at the table and my name still isn't on there :tu:

Sorry about that leinmann, I knew keeping a Pink Horror as a pet was not a good idea... ;) Fixed it now. Don't worry though your vow was always in my spreadsheet and the updates above included it!

Keep having fun guys, and bring more vows in - even small ones have a multiplying effect! :)

I'm terrible with deadlines and I'm building up my force slowly, so I'll aim low and go with a small vow:

I, A Kvlt Ghost, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a 10-man CSM squad from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, of total value 215pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and failure will doom me bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

e; unit details: 10 CSM, meltagun, flamer, icon of glory and powerfist champion

Excellent! A small vow is a very sensible thing at this point. It gets you in, it's easy to complete (thus helping your faction with a high degree of certainty) and more impotantly you can make another vow if you feel like it!

Good luck Ghost!

I'm sorry - don't understand... Your vow was for 375. Are you calling it complete for 350? And your zerkers are not yet done... and who's Trebek?

I am a very confused Captain... :devil:

It's a long running television game show here in the U.S. called Jeporady. You pick answers off a big board (sorted by topics), based on how much money each is worth, and try to figure out the question based on the answer shown. When a contestant picks one, he usually says something like "I'll take (whatever topic) for $350, Trebeck (the name of the host).

Also, in Fasha's defense, his 'Zerks are painted, they're just painted a flat (maybe Codex or Fortress) grey (zoom in and you can see.)

@Fasha: Gotta remember that not everyone on this site's from the States, bro. :devil: Most these dudes have never even heard of the Price is Right, lol.

Oh now I get it! The zerkers are in wolves colors!!! Stupid me! Sorry Fasha!

Ok so you are declaring copmpletion? - (I'm ignoring the 350) I'm updating the table pronto! Refill?

@ 1000heathens: Thx man - I was at a loss! :devil:

To be honest, probably not. I'm suffering from the worst painting burnout I've ever had, and life is ridiculously hectic right now. Most my projects have shut down until my brain gets back in gear. Thanks though, man, but maybe next time.

Exactly, Space Wolf Berserkers of Khorne, painted Fortress Grey washed with Badab Black. The only parts I have not yet done are the earned bits, specifically the blood splatters and the armor replacements. For each spectacular event (killing a notable unit or character, beating a unit they should have lost to, being the lone reason I won, etc) one model will get a blood splatter. For each of the other seventeen Legions, plus Grey Knights (as they were assembled by Magnus) I face regardless of Codex or paint scheme, so long as they are one, one Space Wolf model I own gets a single piece of his armor painted in that Legion's colors. An example of this, and I neglected to snap the picture with it, is that I fought a Thousand Sons Chaos Marine army Monday and it was blue and clearly Chaos, however since in the Dornian Heresy time line, Thousand Sons are a Loyalist Legion, I got to paint a part of the leg armor red on one guy. This will be how I keep count. As for the 350, I was looking at my original total before I amended to add the meltagunner, sorry for the error there.

Now on to new business. I wish to make a follow up vow, my real vow (that last one was merely a warm up), of 2,200 points broken down into Dornian Heresy and non-Dornian Heresy groupings as follows.

Dornian Heresy Portion

[50] Imperial Fists Rhino - Havoc Launcher

[245] 8 Raven Guard Raptors - Mark of Tzeentch, Power Claw armed Aspiring Champion, 2 Flamers

[185] Space Wolf Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Plasma Pistol, Juggernaut, Daemon Axe

[140] Space Wolf Lord - Daemon Axe, Mark of Khorne

[115] Imperial Fists Chaos Sorcerer - Plasma Pistol

[100] Imperial Fists Chaos Sorcerer

[110] Dark Angels Chaos Sorcerer - Power Weapon, Personal Icon, Familiar

[140] Dark Angels Lord - Power Weapon, Bike, Personal Icon

Non-Dornian Heresy Portion

[165] Khârn

[125] Night Lord Chaos Lord - Power Claw, Combi-flamer

[135] 5 Night Lords Chosen - Aspiring Champion, Power Weapon, Missile Launcher

[220] 10 Night Lords Marines- Aspiring Champion, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Plasma Gun, Meltagun

[145] Iron Warriors Lord - Mark of Tzeentch, Terminator Armor, Pair of Lightning Claws

[110] Iron Warrior Daemon Prince

[215] 5 Iron Warrior Terminators - 2 Combi-flamers, 4 Power Claws, Chainfist

[0] 3 Iron Warrior Terminators - Reaper Autocannon, 2 Combi-meltas, 2 Lightning Claws, Chainfist

[0] 1 Iron Warrior Sorcerer

“I Ammonius answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete A 10-man unit of Chaos Space Marines with Two Melta Guns, and an Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist and their Rhino Transport with a Havoc Launcher from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value of 260 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Deprecators and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

@ Ammonius: Welcome to the ETL! Your vow is in - Good luck! ;)

@ Fasha: Wow! you are really upping the steaks here!!! Huge vow there mate! Certainly at par with the other forums' super vows - and something that was missing from the Chaos forum! But just to clarify, you have no values yet for the IW Termies and Sorcerer... The Termies work out to 160pts by my calculations and the Sorcerer is another 100 with no upgrades. I have updated the table with the 2,200 number you provided but let me know what's the final value is so you can benefit from the lot! Good luck :mellow:

I Kizzdougs answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought (Iron Warriors) of total value 190pts (175+ autocannon+heavy flamer=190) on or before August 15. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I shall post updates and WIP pics in my Choas Space Marine thread.

Exactly, Space Wolf Berserkers of Khorne, painted Fortress Grey washed with Badab Black. The only parts I have not yet done are the earned bits, specifically the blood splatters and the armor replacements. For each spectacular event (killing a notable unit or character, beating a unit they should have lost to, being the lone reason I won, etc) one model will get a blood splatter. For each of the other seventeen Legions, plus Grey Knights (as they were assembled by Magnus) I face regardless of Codex or paint scheme, so long as they are one, one Space Wolf model I own gets a single piece of his armor painted in that Legion's colors. An example of this, and I neglected to snap the picture with it, is that I fought a Thousand Sons Chaos Marine army Monday and it was blue and clearly Chaos, however since in the Dornian Heresy time line, Thousand Sons are a Loyalist Legion, I got to paint a part of the leg armor red on one guy. This will be how I keep count. As for the 350, I was looking at my original total before I amended to add the meltagunner, sorry for the error there.

Now on to new business. I wish to make a follow up vow, my real vow (that last one was merely a warm up), of 2,200 points broken down into Dornian Heresy and non-Dornian Heresy groupings as follows.

Dornian Heresy Portion

[50] Imperial Fists Rhino - Havoc Launcher

[245] 8 Raven Guard Raptors - Mark of Tzeentch, Power Claw armed Aspiring Champion, 2 Flamers

[185] Space Wolf Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Plasma Pistol, Juggernaut, Daemon Axe

[140] Space Wolf Lord - Daemon Axe, Mark of Khorne

[115] Imperial Fists Chaos Sorcerer - Plasma Pistol

[100] Imperial Fists Chaos Sorcerer

[110] Dark Angels Chaos Sorcerer - Power Weapon, Personal Icon, Familiar

[140] Dark Angels Lord - Power Weapon, Bike, Personal Icon

Non-Dornian Heresy Portion

[165] Khârn

[125] Night Lord Chaos Lord - Power Claw, Combi-flamer

[135] 5 Night Lords Chosen - Aspiring Champion, Power Weapon, Missile Launcher

[220] 10 Night Lords Marines- Aspiring Champion, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Plasma Gun, Meltagun

[145] Iron Warriors Lord - Mark of Tzeentch, Terminator Armor, Pair of Lightning Claws

[110] Iron Warrior Daemon Prince

[215] 5 Iron Warrior Terminators - 2 Combi-flamers, 4 Power Claws, Chainfist

[0] 3 Iron Warrior Terminators - Reaper Autocannon, 2 Combi-meltas, 2 Lightning Claws, Chainfist

[0] 1 Iron Warrior Sorcerer

Holy crap! Where were you hiding a whole army?

Welcome Kizzdougs - seen your work before and let me tell you, I can't wait to see your IW Contemptor! Good luck!

Well Chaos is kind of making a comeback - you are now at 28 participants. If you manage to climb to the high 30's by the 15th (i.e. another 10-12 participants during the next week) you'll be in a good position to climb to the top with an unstoppable wave of second vows! But you still need to raise your manpower!

Welcome Kizzdougs - seen your work before and let me tell you, I can't wait to see your IW Contemptor! Good luck!

Thanks mate. I thought i had better get in on the action before the chance passed me by. I'm looking forward to contributing to the challenge. Hopefully I'll be able to add to my vow as I have holidays soon :)

The 0 point models already had already been started, much like Imperial Fists Icon Bearer from before, so I figured I could not include their points in the vow, but as they will be painted with the other Iron Warriors, I included them as a bonus feature.

http://s15.postimage.org/bdpitkaaj/Iron_Warriors_prep_01.jpg

Well done Khestra - Congratulations on completing your vow! The table is updated with your completion. Refill?

On a different note Kol Saresk said:

Does a preview video that says "23.06.12" combined with a GW store saying that it would be "extremely beneficial" to come in the same date. It is either an actual release or a "Come in to reserve copies!" I'm not exactly sure how previous editions came out, but to me, it would be stupid to build up anticipation for a specific date only for that date to be an announcement.

hmmmm... If this holds any truth then come early July new models/new Codex could be on the shelves... BUT IT WOULD BE TOO LATE TO ENTER THE ETL THEN. So commit now - small vows are fine-so you'll have the opportunity to get some serious vows in, should the above prove correct! And if the timing is off you only commiting small anyway - which means that obtaining your individual "vow complete" banner would be an easy job... But if the timing is correct - oh boy! Every Chaos lord and his grandma would be raising the stakes- if you got the participants in - you could be turning the fortunes of war BIG time come July.

Archived