WLK's E Tenebrae Lux Vow Paint Blog and ETL Part 5 Vow

Oh come now WLK! At least you PAINT your models! I've watched people go from army to army over the years and never touch a brush.

you just describedy father. He has been collecting models for 30 years.... Never has had a fully painted army. The only 2 that came close are his 10k points of fantasy dwarves (5th-6th Ed) and his 40-50k point imperial guard army. He has at least 5k points of every major chapter of Marines, probably enough Inquisition to make the emperor smile, and some Tyranids for a diorama he planned to build 10+ years ago . Most of his minis are still grey plastic|metal|resin or primed but he is a pro level painter. Makes 0 sense because he prides himself more on his painting than any other aspect of the hobby. I guess he is just saving all the painting for his retirement in the next 8-10 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I promise Im alive and working on stuff. Not as fast as I should or want to be. Here is hoping for more updates in the immediate future

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20Vow%205/3CE6898B-BE46-4658-A42F-80024CB51532_zpsbhmeruhk.jpg

• 1 month later...

and some wonder why only some models are based...

everything unbased is going to my HH army, once FW gets off their thinking ends and releases some rules. Since I dont know where that army is going, I held off on bases.

everything based is actually going to be rebased, because for some damned reason the weight of the models keeps ripping the sand off the base. It may be the fact I used a new gluing method this year, which ultimately failed every single model I tried to stand in it. They stood up in the pics because I used more Zip kicker than I advise anybody to use, and I sacrificed the neighbor's cat to the Florida Alligator God to have the models stand long enough for a pic. Once they break again, im letting them stay broken until I feel motivated enough to come back to this project...so likely never. or next ETL

for reals now, g'night

WLK

I really like the Leviathan wit the sword, you do not see many of those.

I may need to appropriate that idea.

Also the Ginger Wolf Lord. Very nicely done too. What bits did you use?

I really like the Leviathan wit the sword, you do not see many of those.

I may need to appropriate that idea.

Also the Ginger Wolf Lord. Very nicely done too. What bits did you use?

Torso of wolf guard battle leader (I've got like 5 of that guy), axe from wulfen kit, backpack from kosarro khan, head from Spellcrow. (Not as big of a fan as I thought I'd be)

Archived