Unfortunately, no. At least not in the foreseeable future. Some day, sure. But now a) I can't afford it, b) I need to finish at least some of my ongoing projects to have a nicely painted 1500-2000 points army and c) cool as the Knights are, I prefer Space Marines vehicles. I don't trust mechanicus agents that much... ;-)

Unfortunately, no. At least not in the foreseeable future. Some day, sure. But now a) I can't afford it, :cool.: I need to finish at least some of my ongoing projects to have a nicely painted 1500-2000 points army and c) cool as the Knights are, I prefer Space Marines vehicles. I don't trust mechanicus agents that much... ;-)

Don't use the Knight them, just paint one.

I'm sure one would look awesome with your templars.

(But yeah I can understand about the "wanting to finish stuff first", I have 2k pts of Death Korps of Krieg to convert from Cadian models XD)

It does look sweet, the Knight. And it's affordable. GW knows how to make money. Sure, they have idiotic ideas like the Khorn dude with tracks (Lord of Skulls, I presume?) or the new Astra Militarum APC, but overall... I hate them for making such awesome things which can quench the desires of the dark (aka nerd) side of my psyche.

I'm very excited that you like my lady inquisitor conversion, so I started painting her. Not much of an update, but it's here. I primed her and painted her face. As I still don't feel very confident about my painting skulls related to non-armour things, I started with her face. Just in case I weren't satisfied with the results and needed to strip the paint. But all things (and skills) considered, I think it turned out pretty good.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060754_zpsab3a2ea2.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060755_zps52a31097.jpg

Now, I'm thinking how to paint her armour. If nothing dramatic happens, her armour will be silver and red: silver for the 'base' (closest to the body) plates, and deep red for the outer plates. Or silver and black. Or gold and red. I just can't make up my mind! (I know that I don't want all black, because, well... I have dozens of all-black marines out there).

PS: I remembered why I hate painting metal models: the paint chips of too easily. But at the same time I got my first fine cast model, and FC is terrible: it breaks easily, it's warped and generally meh. So after all I guess my decision to collect as many metal models as possible wasn't that bad... I'll endure the pains.

Something I find helps...

Take a photo at a normal viewing distance.  It helps put things in perspective.  Sometimes I force myself to take the models to the gaming table and look at them while I'm working on them.  I think that is where the real advancement over time comes (painting mini's).  You learn how to best spend your times in the details that can be appreciated, vs the details which you'd never see once the model is based and posed.

With that in mind, I think she looks lovely even super close up!

Yeah, I hear you about the detail and 'gaming perspective'. This is a very pragmatic approach and I know that some of the detail I used to be extremely proud of somehow get lost over time and wait there for rediscovery. I had a few of such moments when inspecting my old minis and finding myself to think to myself "wow, that was a pretty cool idea, why didn't I make more of those."

Also, I think I'm kind of blind. I inspect models from up close and fail to see some things, which become apparent in photos. But with this observation, about the imperfections of my sight, now I have a much more sensible approach to painting: if I don't see it with a bare eye, there is a huge probability that others will never see that too.

But there are models which I want to be as special as possible, and she is one. So I tried hard not to give her a squint or a 'mad eye' :teehee:

@ Netsu - The eyes were a pain! I took close-ups of her and did my best to remove the imperfections. Without the help of the camera it wouldn't work. And yeah, she looks way better from a distance.

Edited by Brother Cristopher

Okay, I call it a day. I forgot that painting minis can ruin your back. Here's a small update on the inquisitor to give you a general impression of the colour scheme. I decided to go red + gold. All reds are made using blood red + chaos black. Still have to decide on the colour of the tabard/cloak, though.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060773_zpsc619e83d.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060774_zpse2a01dcf.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060775_zps8b16c9f9.jpg

I'm surprised how well it turns out. I hope you like it,

Cheers!

Brother Christopher... I hate you.... now I need to buy a female Inquisitor...

:drool: :drool: :drool:

If GW didn't removed the Female Inquisitor Models from the Website, I would already had bought few of them.

@Brother Christopher

so your main colors are: Red, Gold. Then for the cloak go for an Imperial Blue style. (Deep Blue, with Light blue lines and symbols)

Edited by Zyth23

Yeah, I was looking to make a female inquisitor (after seeing your thread ;) ) but I play regularly at a GW store and they most likely wouldn't want me to be using any of the cool non-GW models available... I'm wondering how much non-gw parts can be used and still be playable?

@ Marshall Roujakis - I know this kind of hatered all too much. Zyth recently opened a wound in my mind, asking whether I'm planning to get an Imperial Knight. And a couple of posts up I said 'no.' Unfortunately this 'no' changed to 'yes, definitely, after I defend my thesis.'

On the Knights subject, I read something about them and that made me change my mind. I thought that they function only in packs, in those Knightly Houses. But now that I know that there are Freeblades I'm thinking that my crusade will accidentally encounter one of those ancient warriors. I suppose that one Knight is a better super-heavy choice than a Typhon/Fellblade/Spartan. And GW blew my mind with the model. It is probably the only super heavy unit that I can afford (apart from a Fellblade converted from a plastic IG -blade).

@ Zyth - thank you very much for that. I was thinking about using my blue paint (because I rarely have a chance to do so), but weren't sure if that'll fit. Now, with a third party advice, I'm going for blue. Thanks!!

@ Marshall Mattias - someone surely knows how many, I remember a discussion about it, but can't remember. I don't know why 50% comes to my mind. Or maybe 75%? Something like that. Also, if you want a female inquisitor for GW to be okay with it, try out dark eldar wyches. I wanted to use bits from that box for the base and then add some green stuff pieces of armour and imperial stuff, but I couldn't find a bits shop in Poland with the parts I wanted in stock.

Yeah, I was looking to make a female inquisitor (after seeing your thread :wink: ) but I play regularly at a GW store and they most likely wouldn't want me to be using any of the cool non-GW models available... I'm wondering how much non-gw parts can be used and still be playable?

Or you could use the Sisters of Battle Canoness she has all the equipment you need and also a GW model...

there are some in the Sisters of Battle product line which could sub for a good Inquisitor is you're really interested,

@Brother Christopher: yeah I still can't get the Imperial Knight for myself :p too many things building right now, and if I get any more I won't be able to build it until next year (when I say THAT many...) but a small lady Inquisitres could suffice, I was thinking of using Finari from the same product line as my Inquisitors Acolyte... and I'll be using GWs Witch Hunter as my Inquisitor.

Yeah, I was looking to make a female inquisitor (after seeing your thread :wink: ) but I play regularly at a GW store and they most likely wouldn't want me to be using any of the cool non-GW models available... I'm wondering how much non-gw parts can be used and still be playable?

Or you could use the Sisters of Battle Canoness she has all the equipment you need and also a GW model...

there are some in the Sisters of Battle product line which could sub for a good Inquisitor is you're really interested,

@Brother Christopher: yeah I still can't get the Imperial Knight for myself :tongue.: too many things building right now, and if I get any more I won't be able to build it until next year (when I say THAT many...) but a small lady Inquisitres could suffice, I was thinking of using Finari from the same product line as my Inquisitors Acolyte... and I'll be using GWs Witch Hunter as my Inquisitor.

In 1-2h you assemble one Knight, then in 1-2 day off painting you have your "non-glued" part ready, and nearly the entire knight.

Trusth me, I've assembled and Painted (details not 100% done) two knights :tongue.:

And it's done. My female inquisitor is painted. 3 days of painting is a really good result for me to finish a project. Well, by 'finish' I mean... do 80% of the job. There's still a servo skull to paint and a base to make, model and paint. But as I said: most of the work is done. Enjoy the images.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060776_zps35969269.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060778_zpsa8cbf444.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060779_zpsf584b3fd.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060780_zps38488799.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060782_zpsaa145700.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/WH40K%20Female%20Inquisitor/P1060783_zps4f838844.jpg

Images of the finished-finished lady inquisitor, with possibly some fluff, should follow tomorrow.

Zyth, that was the best blue I could get without it turning grey (I only have ultramarine blue).

And sure, I'll post pictures of her next to crusaders and then you can tell what you think, because I kind of struggle. It seems that she's a bit taller than them, but it could be because they are all standing with their knees slightly bent, and she's standing straight or even stretched a bit. So, yeah, that is a bit of an issue, but she stands out more that way. Nevertheless, I'll post images later today, after I get home and after I'll do the base. Thanks!

Zyth, that was the best blue I could get without it turning grey (I only have ultramarine blue).

So the paint I thought that could be good are: (new paint)

- Caledor Sky (for the Dark Blue) *Base type*

- Lothern Blue (for the light blue) *Layer type*

But you could mix blue and black to get dark blue, nop? (or with deep purple)