Scar's 40k and Pre heresy Painting log

I'm going on   limb here,  best looking army ever?      I'm pretty sure this is.  I used to rate probably dv8s lamenters but this is just so much better looking.   It makes the Lamenters look almost boring in comparison.  The range of models,  conversions,  OSL,   shading,  transitions,  all brought together on an awesome display base! Bases look great too!!! 

On paper if you told me you were painting a purple space marine I would laugh,  but I think that choice of colour,  which imo is so difficult to get right,   really helps this army shine!      

Awesome work,  thanks so much for sharing!   

Amazing work all around. That SE conversion is amazing. If I ever buy that kit or a TH consider it stolen. Stunning!

Also, love the WE Contemptor. One suggestion: Move in the "chainsaw rotary piece" so that half of it is inside the 'hand'. Might make it look more supported.

Again, stunning work.

Thanks guys!!

It is in the middle of the betrayal when Horus orders Fulgrim's fleet to go to Isstan V to secure the planet and catch the incoming loyal legions.

While horus himself is slaying every loyal marine on Isstvan III.

Here is the original fluff:

Isstvan V was the site of the near demise of the Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard loyalist Space Marine Legions following
a trap set by Horus. The plan essentially consisted of opposing the loyalist marines with the openly traitorous legions the Sons of Horus,

World Eaters, Death Guard and Emperor's Children; followed by having the Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Word Bearers and Alpha Legion, who were believed to be loyal but were actually pledged to Horus, stab the loyalists in the back. It resulted in the almost complete annihilation of the three loyalist legions, with only a few battle brothers escaping alive, and left the Imperium severely weakened in the face of Horus' onslaught.

At the start of the Horus Heresy, Warmaster Horus apparently only had three other Primarchs and their respective Legions at his side.

Under his command were his own Sons of Horus, joined by Angron and his World Eaters, Fulgrim with his Emperor's Children, and Mortarion and the Death Guard.

After ridding himself of all suspected Loyalist members inside the three Legions at Isstvan III, he choose Isstvan V as his command post and prepared a deadly trap for his former brothers and their Legions.

The Emperor ordered the deployment of seven full Space Marine Legions against him, agonizing over the betrayal of his most beloved son.

Unknown to the Emperor of Mankind, four of the deployed Primarchs and their Legions had already turned against him, forming a "fifth column"

which would strike against the Loyalists at the most decisive moment.

The army is a legal army list that i play with codex space marines.

All the models you see on the display together are about 2100 points and my 1750pt army list looks like this:

Captain
PF, Storm Shield

5 Close combat termies
3x Thunderhammer stromshield 2x lighningclaws

Landraider

5 Sternguard
2 combi melta 2 melta gun
Drop pod

3x10 Marines
3x Plasma cannon 3x Melta gun

2x Attackbike
2x MM

Contemptor dread
2x kheres assault cannon

2x Pred
2x Heavy bolter sponsons

1750pt

Best EC I've seen, much kudos!

Love the board, BUT... a trick to when you display items. Odd numbers look best. Foe example, when you set a dinner table use 1, 3, or 5 candles. Even numbers don't look as good. To apply this to your scene you could have put the 2 preds and 'raider together to create a '3'. The Aegis lines should have been 1 section or 3 together etc.

Still an awesome achievement, well done again. Good luck!

Incredible work. Your Grey Knights are beautiful and the Emperor's Children too. Your other projects are good, but don't even come up to the heel of the first two.

I'm a real big fan of your paint style :tu:

Thanks you guys!

I weather with AK interactive products you can find some tutorials on youtube!

Then i finished my first WE contemptor!
http://www.scarsminimadness.nl/blog/we/contemptorwefinal1.jpg

The one with the Saw blades went totally wrong so need to strip him from his paint...