Solo Crusade Competition

Completed all 3 challenges

Challenge one

Turn one

Champion moved strait forward toward the tac squad and ran 5 inches

Tactical squad stood their ground and rapid fire into the champion managed to do a wound with the combi plasma

Turn two

Champion moved Straight at the tactical squad again got an allocated shot on the sergeant who was pushed out of the way by another marine who died in is place

Then charged into them for rolled a nine but only needed about 7ish over watch produced two hits both of witch wounded but glanced off of the champions armor

The champion then slew the sergeant in a challenge

the tactical squad attempted to make a tactical retreat but were routed by the champion

On their turn he killed two and the last man failed to hit him

Turn 3

Champion slew the last tactical marine

Challenge 2

Moved up six inches and rolled a 4 for the run but only moved up an inch

The orcs moved up and shot but missed all but 4 of the times and wounded 2 times but the armor of faith protected him

moved up another six inches straight at the nob and threw a frag grenade which scattered an inch at an angle behind the mob of boys and hit 2 and wounded the nob but he look out sired in the following fashion.

He proceeded to watch as the frag grenade and in his words;

" 'ook at the shiny thin'," and right as it it exploded, he proceeded to grab another boy and shielded himself with him while saying" Oi that looks painful."He crushed the other ork in his klaw and as the flames washed over himself and the other boy but he came out unscathed.

The Champion then charged in 3 inches and barely made it into the combat and challenged the nob to single combat and proceeded to hit him twice decapitating him with the second blow. Causing all the other orks to run and fail to rally and run off of the board.

I'm hoping I can still enter this competition:

Marshal Dantius

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8291/7772298932_b78903ba79_z.jpg

Weapons and Wargear:

Power Sword

Storm Shield

Meltabombs

Artificer Armour

Adamantine Mantle

I will give a battle report soon for all three challenges...

The contest started so fast, I didn't have time to prepare :drool:

Is it still ok to drop in?

And can I field more than one character as a different entry? One Marshal and one Chaplain as separate contendents, for example?

challenge 1(victory): castellan krae killed 1 marine with his combi-melta, the sgt with his fist in a challenge and all 3 of the other marines in 1 round of combat.

challenge 2(victory): quite hilarious actually. i moved up 3" to avoid a 1st turn charge and killed 1 ork with shooting, another with my melta next turn (they only ran 1" haha) and then absolutely pulped the nob in a challege (he missed 1 attack and his hit rolled a 1 to wound :P ) and then 2 boys in the next combat for them to double 6 their leadership and me run them down and smash them.

challenge 3(uncomplete): i have no idea what that wargear is, but i'm headed to gw today so i'll look in the necron book and play that game out real quick haha

I Marshal Roujakis accept this challenge and shall go myself

to represent the honoured - Vengeance of Rufus Crusade.

(As our Emperor's Champion is slaying a bunch of Orks, and the Reclusiarch is busy preparing the crusade)

The Wargear I bear are:

-The Ancient Armor of Dominance .........(Terminator Armour)

-The Grand Cross ................................(Master Crafted Power Sword)

-Defender of the Aquila ........................(Storm Shield)

-Cape of Maltaserre .............................(Adamantine Mantle)

In His name! Let none stop the Crusade of the righteous!

Gloriam est Imperator! And may the best Astartes win! ;)

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/DSC_0209.jpg

Ok, I updated my profile so that it is legal. I swapped the plasma pistol for a storm bolter.

I'll start on some of the challenges soon.

Cheers,

Just read the dex on master crafted weapons. It says its in addition to an already equiped/purchased weapon, but only the fifteen points for the upgrade count towards the100 points of allowed upgrades. Does this mean you can give your chappy a "master crafted" crozius?

@cliff: Yeah, the PP would def be a better option. Do you still get to re-roll a "one", or is that an auto wound?

@ the Solo Challenge Group: Bat Reps for the first two challenges

1. Victory: Turn 1 - Reclusiarch Laertes fired his jump pack and fired his plas pistol, felling the first of the Space Marines. The remaining Marines fired back with mixed results. One bolter round made it through Laertes Artificer Armor, however, the Marine SGT blew himself up while firing his Combi-Plas (the price of doing business with the Reclusiarch!). Next, Laertes jumped into close combat, taking full advantage of Hammer of Wrath with his Crozius and split the final quarry in two with four of five successful hits. Nothing but bloody piles of power armor lay his feet!

*Edit - "of the", not "three"

Laertes 1, Renegade Vanilla Marines 0

Lessons Learned: Being my first "game" in 6th ed, and my first game in nearly six months (albeit with my eager seven year old), I missed a few things. Forgot to take the Morale Check after the Shooting Phase (I rolled it when I realized it a bit later, just to see - they failed LOL). I also forgot about Overwatch when I charged. Mistakes I would not repeat in the next challenge.

2. Victory! I was a bit skeptical with this one, but I was pleasantly surprised when Laertes proved me wrong. TURN 1 - Laertes, used his Jump Pack to get closer to, yet staying just far enough away from the Boyz and their Nob, keeping part of the horde obscured from view by landing behind a small hill (I rolled a d3 for terrain pieces to make things a bit more interesting). The "horde" closed the gap a bit more. That amazing Plas Pistol burned three more enemies of the emperor down before their very angry mates scored a wound on Laertes. (*Edit - I was using the "advantage" of cover from my illegal terrain, as was pointed out by our game master...oops) Laertes charged with all the righteous zeal he could muster and jumped into base contact with the Nob. All five swings of the Crozius hit home, hacking heads from shoulders and limbs from bodies. The remaining orks struck back in futility, only to be slaughtered in a sweeping advance. At the end of the day, Laertes stood victorious, covered in the blood and visceral chunks of ork flesh and bone.

So, question, bc of base to base contact, was I correct in hacking up the Nob with two of my five wounds? When I read the BrB, it said allocating wounds to the closest models, so he was first, followed by three more boyz. I wasn't sure, so I ran the challenge again when my seven year old went to bed (he loved rolling the dice btw!)...I got very similar results, killed the Nob in a flury of attacks when I jumped in to close combat right next to him. Do I declare a challenge in order to do that, or not? Again, I forgot a rule..."look out sir!". So, things could have gone VERY different. I'm hoping to run both challenges again tomorrow against a buddy and his son...they play vanilla marines and orks, respectively. Hope it works out! I'll have to figure something out with the Crons battle. I'll be sure to write it up when complete. Thanks for the assist on my questions, brothers! Happy Crusading.

Selecting a character for the tournament proved to be a bit harder than i thought. I don't want to field 'yet another TH/SS Marshal', but doing something else would be counter-productive. On the other hand, I couldn't squeeze in all the wargear I wanted for my Chaplain. But in the end I settled for Master of Sanctity, as he can cover (I hope) a variety of challenges – not only melee-bashing, but also some shooting, dealing with monsters and vehicles, etc. My only concern is mobility, but let’s see where this one takes me.

Master of Sanctity Albrecht Buxthoeven

Wargear: Terminator Armour, Combi-Plasma, Thunder Hammer

Battle reports for first challenges will be this evening when I actually get to filed them.

Chaplain Ehud

Challenge I: Win, somewhat predictably. The stormbolter took one marine down while closing, no wounds in snapshot taken, in the assault Ehud challenged the Sgt and killed him after a failed LoS. The remaining three marines broke and ran off the table. I'm fairly certain they were Relictors.

Noteable exchange from game:

Son: "How many wounds does your Chaplain have?"

Me: "Seven"

Son: "That's not funny"

Challenge II: Loss. The stormbolter didn't cause any casualties and I then found myself farther than 12 inches away. Not good. The Orks moved up six inches and shot, no wounds. Then they rolled a 9 for their charge. Sigh...I challenged the Nob. I only got two wounds, he LoS'rd one and took one wound. Was suddenly not happy that power mauls are AP4. In return, took 16 hits, 4 wounds and saved all of them. Then the Nob jumped into me. I received three hits, two wounds, saved one wound, squashed flat.

Noteable exchange from game:

Eager Ork son: "So are you going to write up what happened to your chaplain now?"

I don't know squat about the new Necrons, so I'll have to do some research on the next challenge.

Cheers,

Hey Honda!

I'm pretty sure you can't use LoS! in a challenge, the whole idea being that it's 1vs1, not 1vs1 with squaddies jumping in. So in your challenge, the Nob should not have LoS!'d his 2nd wound and would be dead (neither could the sergeant but he died any ways). Challenges also last until the end of the round, even if you kill your opponent. So if you were in a challenge, the boys can't swing at you until the next round, in which you'll swing first. Also, the Nob should not have better than a 4+ save, which the maul ignores. why was ap4 an issue?

No you can not LoS! in a challenge. Either he accepts it and gets his face smashed in by your maul. (Orks almost never get a save better then a 4+) Or he hides in back and watches his squad get ripped apart.

I'm more than willing to be "learned" on this. ;)

1. The Nob is a character Y/N?

2. Characters can LoS Y/N?

3. Characters can LoS to anyone within 6 inches Y/N?

The way I was reading it, and I'm not saying that I was correct, but I thought the answer was Yes to all three questions. Also, my lament about AP4 was not that it didn't wound, but it's not instant death anymore. Is that incorrect? It's not double the strength of the target.

Please do correct me where appropriate.

Cheers,

Power mauls were never instant death. They were just power weapons. Now they happen to be +2S and AP 4.

Also the rules for a challenge state that wounds can not be reallocated by LoS!. So if you issue a challenge and he accepts then only the nob can die that round.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

However, in the LoS! rule, it specifically states that

Wounds allocated to a character in a challenge cannot be reallocated by the Look Out, Sir rule.

so the wounds you inflict cannot be prevented. With his power maul, a chaplain should destroy a Nob, while being safe from retribution from the boyz (the challenge lasts the whole round). In the next round, the chaplain strikes first, but this time surviving boys can (finally!) retaliate.

Regarding the ap4 comment, the ap has nothing to do with causing ID. Like in 5th, you need to be strength twice or more the toughness of the target. A power weapon never could ID a Nob, but a power fist would (being S8 to T4) unless the Nob is on a bike (then T5 > S/2). You could be S8 ap- and still cause instant death, although then you would grant armor saves to everything. Regardless, the power maul wounds on 3s with no armor save, so it's easy to do 2 wounds and much better to kill the Nob before he gets to swing.

I am guessing you are confusing ID with denying FNP? In 5th, a power weapon denied FNP because it ignored armor saves. In 6th, only causing ID denies FNP so power weapon do not anymore (unless the strength of the attack makes it inflict ID, like a S6 power maul against a T3 IG command squad with medic).

Hope that helps!

Challenge 1: Success

Turn 1:

Marshal Alexander advances 6 inches, runs and additional 5

The Tactical Squad does not move, opens fire the plasma misses, three bolters hit, two wound, I save one, fail the other, Bionics do not save me from the bolt gun. Marshal Alexander takes a wound.

Turn 2: Alexander advances 6 inches, and charges 10, The marines fire overwatch, two score hits, one hit wounds, Alexander fails his save, and his Bionics FNP, takes another wound.

Close Combat, Alexander issues no challenge, knowing he has nothing to fear from these fools.

The marines swing, 2 hits, 1 wound, Alexander Saves. The powerfist and thunder hammer swing at the same time. The PF hits, and then rolls a one, failing to wound. Alexander hits five times!, He deals five wounds!, All five Marines Squish.

Death to Traitors, Mission Complete.

Challenge 2: Success

This one got hairy (yay Bionics)

Turn 1:

Alexander moves forward six inches, but does not run.

Orks move forward six inches and five are in range due to being in a double line.

The Orks fire their sluggas, however their poor ballistics skill produces only one hit, easily negated by superior terminator armor.

The Orks roll for a charge, however miss the required 12 inches with a nine

Turn 2:

Alexander advances six inches

Alexander successfully charges ten inches bringing himself in base to base contact with the Nob, he challenges.

Overwatch again proves fruitless, as the hapless Orks score two hits which bounce off the Marshal's armor to strike the dust.

Alexander and the Nob face off Alexander swings five times, the Nob swings thrice, Alexander connects 3 times, wounding three times. The Nob swings back and connects once, for a wound. But the Marshal catches the wound on his Shield emerging from single combat unscathed over the corpse of his foe.

The other Orks pile in, so the fun begins.

The bottom of the turn, the orks swing twenty times against the Marshal he's beset on all sides yet his armor holds, they hit him nine times, and score six wounds, yet his armor is too thick and he saves all of the wounds.

He strikes back hitting only twice, but killing two Orks. The turn ends.

Turn 3:

The Orks attack, 16 swings, they hit 8 times, they wound five times, Alexander only saves two (I rolled 3 1's!!!) However due to not being able to take Krak Grenades, I bought Bionics! Three dice a 16.6% chance per dice to not die. I roll, one comes up as a six! Alexander taking a blow to his bionic hip is able to stand back up.

He swings back, but due to his disorientation he only hits once, however what Alexander hits, he kills.

Bottom of turn two

Seven Orks remain, Alexander only has one wound left.

The orks have 14 attacks but only manage to hit five times, only two wounds, Alexander saves both.

He strikes back with great vengeance, his hammer like the fist of an angry god. Three hits, two kills.

The Orks are shocked by the ferocity of an opponent they thought dead, but they make their moral test. (no idea how)

Turn 4:

Five Orks, ten swings, five hits 3 wounds, Alexander only saves 2, but lo and behold! Bionic's 6+ FNP strikes again, and our Marshal shrugs off yet another death blow.

His counter stroke is swift. Four attacks, three hits, three wounds, three dead orks. They fail their moral test and run, but only six inches.

Bottom of turn 4

Turn 5:

Marshal Alexander charges forward five inches and then assaults his roll of a seven easily catching the Ork vermin. Normally they would be destroyed however the great marshal gives them one last chance to face him

Orks four attacks two hits one wound, one wound saved

Marshal Alexander, five attacks, two hits two wounds. The Orks are pulverized.

Victory!

Archived