Blood Angels Blog

Blindhamster

• 1 month later...

as is always the way, it's been a while since my last update, real life once again takes up most of my time, I've made some small progress in the form of finishing the build of the company, getting Tycho's tabard resculpted and some painting done on areas I've rebuilt. Built some bikers etc. I even built the first two members of my death company, both of them will have once been veteran marines that have now, tragically fallen, as I want my death company to look like the mix of marines from all paths that they should be.

in other news, I picked up the stuff from the advent calendar on Dante, he now officially has white hair, so I'll be repainting mine :P

Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this log until now.  :cuss stunning work brother- every model has the character of a captain, the way a demigod astartes should look among us humble mortals.

(How do I subscribe to these kinds of threads guys? Still haven't figured that out.) 

• 2 months later...

Started working on Some Sternguard for My Custom Tycho, they will also be used as a Seeker Squad in Heresy Games, I wanted cloaks with the same style as the mk4 command squad you guys do (so I can use them as part of it). First One is done.

1656008_10152256856118395_606325419_n.jp

1958436_10152256856128395_1173081579_n.j

1511726_10152256856223395_644716703_n.jp

in other news, I've also been doing some actual painting after purchasing a new airbrush finally, so I have two tactical squads in progress on the reds, shading done, needs touching up, then highlights, then weathering smile.png

Thanks guys, I'll get some better quality pictures tonight, plan to at least make a 2nd one today as well, sadly the two mk4 members need to wait, I don't have any mk4 legs currently and will need to wait for payday before ordering a set :(

I planned to do this squad as purely using bolters, sergeant will get slightly cooler armour than the rest and some form of melee weapon, suggestions on what it should be?

Hey Guys!

I've not been bone Idle (surprisingly!) I've gotten some progress done on my sternguard/seeker squad, 4 are for the most part done (need to sculpt laurels on 2 helmets and add some BA icons here and there probably). These four are the easiest members as they haven't had any reposing done in terms of hacking legs into little bits (just a hair dryer and patience to get poses I liked) Exception of course being lefty :)

Full squad makeup will be 2 mk2, 2 mk3, 1 mk4, 1 mk6 and 4 mk7 members. They all will have certain things in common - ceremonial cloaks, Eagle Backpacks, Laurels on helmets and special boltguns. I still don't know what to arm the sergeant with, but he'll most likely be the mk4 marine :)

anyway... pictures!

1557294_10152268027083395_268256758_o.jp

1602174_10152268027688395_1931161110_o.j

Sadly the vaseline I was using to allow me to work with the very thing GS/Miliput mix has reacted a bit with these ones (possibly too much miliput.. or too thin...) so I'll need to do some smoothing out on these once dry, hoping they dry as hard as the first member though, as it's rock solid and therefore should be nice to paint...

Any suggestions on names for these guys? They are Tychos squad for reference, one of them will be called Sejanus as thats a character I use in Deathwatch (he is by that period a black shield as some bad stuff went down after Machiavi took over!)

Breathtaking work. Every single marine is full of character and the poses look great. The cloaks look very natural and you've done a fine job making sure they follow the contures of the armour.

I take it the small dimples on the cloaks are the result of the reaction to the vaseline?

All in all they are some of the coolest marines I've seen, keep up the awesome work and get some paint on them ;)

Really great stuff, missed this thread so had a read through all the pages, really great conversion, sculpting, painting and posing work, really makes a very awesome looking force.

Also really nice job on your character conversions, they look awesome.

Wow, I am simply floored by those seekers- normally I'm not a fan of uniformity in squads- but I am here, just because they look so friggin' heroic!  I am on the edge of my seat until you post the rest of the squad! 

You've got a new subsriber out of me that's for :cuss sure.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated :) i've actually fixed up some of the more glaring errors in the cloaks, i need to scrub the minis again now though to ensure the Vaseline is off of them, then i'll touch up the dodgy texture in the spots its happened and sculpt final details on em. I've hacked up legs for the mk6 guy so work will progress on him quickly, will be sculpting a little tabard for him rather than cloak as im using one of the mk4 command cloaks on him instead. I've allocated bits for the rest of the squad minus backpacks which i need to watch bits sites for as im a couple short.

I'll try and get some pics of painting progress on stuff im working on too, it's all WIP atm, but getting some pics up might help motivate me!

Archived