Betrayer

Balthamal

I'll keep this fairly short and to the point since I need to pick up the slack at work that went quickly by the wayside in order to read this novel. It is quite simply one of the top three heresy novels both from the depth added to characters who varied between having a lot and having none, and from some of the plot twists which are quite frankly mindblowing. There are familiar themes explored that have seen the light of day from other authors (Dan Abnett foremost) and some fresh ideas that put a wonderful spin on some already existing theories.

Oh and Lorgar. How I hate you more than anyone save your :lol: Erebus and Kor Phaeron

If i didn't know he lived through to 40k I'd have cried when

Khârn went to chew through his spine and he vanished. Pity about Argel Tal but given the revalations about Cyrene, are we about to see the birth of rumours making Argel Tal a Knight Errant

Khârn went to chew through his spine and he vanished. Pity about Argel Tal but given the revalations about Cyrene, are we about to see the birth of rumours making Argel Tal a Knight Errant

I follow ADB's FBand his blog, and I believe I remember him saying in one of those (probably his blog) that

Argel Tal was to die at the Siege of Terra.

WLK

I follow ADB's FBand his blog, and I believe I remember him saying in one of those (probably his blog) that

Argel Tal was to die at the Siege of Terra.

WLK

I'm fairly sure you're correct, brother. I seem to remember the same thing.

damn now I'm so curious to know what happens with Argel Tal, one of my fav characters..

Argel Tal is supposed to Die at the siege of terra.. (by the hand of Sanguinius).. As Raum (his demon) says :

in the prescence of great wings we die.. (or something like that)

damn now I'm so curious to know what happens with Argel Tal, one of my fav characters..

Argel Tal is supposed to Die at the siege of terra.. (by the hand of Sanguinius).. As Raum (his demon) says :

in the prescence of great wings we die.. (or something like that)

I think We will die in the shadow of great wings and there is only one person we know of who has a pair of big-ass wings...

Uh yeah. There's also the fact that in Aurelian Lorgar has a vision in which he is seeing the Siege of Terra and Argel Tal has completely metamorphosed into a daemon and is killed by Sangy. That said, it's quite likely that it won't play out exactly as it's been telegraphed just like how Talos's visions in Soul Hunter ended up being not quite accurate.

Don't have Aurelian so I wouldn't know. But you may be right on the vision front, from what we can tell from most of the seers that have been shown (even the Eldar at the end of Void Stalker) that visions can be misentepretated and end up happing in a different location.

]The book is a continuation of the audio drama Butcher's Nails

It reveals a LOT about the World Eaters. I want to compliment ADB on adding huge amount of depth to a traditional (and might I say boring) one-sided Legion/Chapter.

You have the Lorgar and Angron heading to the most well-defended Ultramar planet. Magnus, who is warp-tele-conferencing with Lorgar, calls it madness. This planet has over a billion defenders, a defense fleet, and some pretty powerful orbital defenses. Lorgar scoff and says trust him as he as an ace up his sleeve. That ace? Two more Furious Abyss-class Battleships.

The next planet that their fleet heads to is Angron's homeworld. Here the Big Blue Boss of the Ultramarines surprises them and we have ourselves a proper rumble.

It ends up with Angron becoming the Demon Prince we all know today.

---

That is the main story. It is a continuation of the Angron story arch. It is a goodun. There is a lot! more in the book. The cabal makes an appearance, Cyrene appears, huge insights into the Primarchs and loads more.

You said short summary ;D

I thought the book was excellent.

]The book is a continuation of the audio drama Butcher's Nails

It reveals a LOT about the World Eaters. I want to compliment ADB on adding huge amount of depth to a traditional (and might I say boring) one-sided Legion/Chapter.

You have the Lorgar and Angron heading to the most well-defended Ultramar planet. Magnus, who is warp-tele-conferencing with Lorgar, calls it madness. This planet has over a billion defenders, a defense fleet, and some pretty powerful orbital defenses. Lorgar scoff and says trust him as he as an ace up his sleeve. That ace? Two more Furious Abyss-class Battleships.

The next planet that their fleet heads to is Angron's homeworld. Here the Big Blue Boss of the Ultramarines surprises them and we have ourselves a proper rumble.

It ends up with Angron becoming the Demon Prince we all know today.

---

That is the main story. It is a continuation of the Angron story arch. It is a goodun. There is a lot! more in the book. The cabal makes an appearance, Cyrene appears, huge insights into the Primarchs and loads more.

Oh, sounds good. But I read something about World Eaters and Word Bearers fighting each other?

You said short summary ;D

Oh I'd be happy to have a full summary as well. Go on, go nuts! :)

Haven't read it myself, but I'm sure the portion with Angron and his encounter with Russ will be sure to piss people off.

Why?

As well as Gulliman holding off Angron and Lorgar simultaneously.

No such thing happened. Lorgar broke off after Angron came in, he had to resume to warp song.

I don't know how to spoiler so I don't want to get into the meat of that. Needless to say, more Primarch v. Primarch arguments even though I am aware Russ was not going for the kill. As far as the second, I guess my interpretation was wrong regarding that scene. I haven't read for myself so I don't know.

Appreciate it Sarge

Okay, regarding that scene, and I haven't read it in it's full context yet, just a blurb, Russ is soundly beaten by Angron and limps away. Now he was trying to take Angron in without killing him which I totally understand, I just feel like ADB did it to cheese off the sons of Russ that frequent these forums, which i think is awesome LOL no wonder he took the sabbatical from these places.

Haven't read it myself, but I'm sure the portion with Angron and his encounter with Russ will be sure to piss people off. As well as Gulliman holding off Angron and Lorgar simultaneously.

And for those who gonna get mad about said parts...I pity you, I truly pity you. I finished the book in 20 hours, I mean there was absolutely no chance that I could put this book down. In my eyes D-Bowden is a true master of this genre, The Eaters and bearers are legions that I "hate and despise" while the Wolves and Ultras are legions that I adore and in the case of the UM and my Lord Guilliman would even add worship, So this is no case of legion fan-boyism. This is just another one of those masterpieces delivered to us by Aaron that just knocks me out. I don't even know what to say anymore.

Bear in mind that The Wolf King was proving a point which was delivered in a perfect way, but since the psychopathic Angron is completely retarded it didn't get through his gorilla mind. Also, what about Vulkan? I'm gonna put my neck out and say that he is being held captive in that labyrinth made by Perturabo (yeah I like to throw these crazy ideas around one in a while)

Archived