Ultramarines 1st Company project

UltraRich

Wow, thanks for all your support guys 

Feel free to borrow any ideas you want (Ive borrowed enough off the site) 

Ive also a set of FW Corvus marines ready to paint up but I dont know if I should make this an all Mkiv force or now mix a number of armour variants into it. 

Wow, thanks for all your support guys 

Feel free to borrow any ideas you want (Ive borrowed enough off the site) 

Ive also a set of FW Corvus marines ready to paint up but I dont know if I should make this an all Mkiv force or now mix a number of armour variants into it. 

No worries mate. I would mix it up, they're a old legion so add the MK's in

Wow just love your blue and crisp colour scheme! I would say it is even better then mine, and I really love the sergeant and Veteran holding the giant power axe! This is amazing, have you ever considered doing PH Marines? I mean your guys would look outstanding on the battlefield and most likely would earn a golden daemon

Wow just love your blue and crisp colour scheme! I would say it is even better then mine, and I really love the sergeant and Veteran holding the giant power axe! This is amazing, have you ever considered doing PH Marines? I mean your guys would look outstanding on the battlefield and most likely would earn a golden daemon

Thanks 

Whats PH Marines? 

I dont think Im at GD standards yet the problem is I get 95% done then get distracted by other bits of resin/plastic

Thanks 

Whats PH Marines? 

I dont think Im at GD standards yet the problem is I get 95% done then get distracted by other bits of resin/plastic

Yes it means Pre-Heresy, just been using a short cut instead of writing the whole damn word since I'm a bit lazy :P. But I do understand that with the distraction...I tend to go left and right not just one direction so it takes time, unless I'm really excited on the project

Thanks

Whats PH Marines?

Yes it means Pre-Heresy, just been using a short cut instead of writing the whole damn word since I'm a bit lazy tongue.png. But I do understand that with the distraction...I tend to go left and right not just one direction so it takes time, unless I'm really excited on the project

Sorry, Im having a thick day!

Im not into the PH stuff to be honest. I like what you are doing on your thread with the termies but I like the clean lines of the more modern armour marks.

I might get a squad at some point to add to my 1st company but Im not sure how they would look painted up as vets.

Heres a quick update

While Im waiting for the 15 Mkiv's and special weapons to arrive Ive started on a devastator sarge.

My plan is to have a mixed squad of heavy weapons with each of the armour marks represented.

Remember in the Grim Dark Future theres a lot to point at! 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_0066_zpsb5022193.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While Im waiting for my Corvis and Maximus armour to turn up Ive cracked on with the sarge. 

Im at a point where am about ready to start shading but before I start this do I change the logo on the left pad (as you look at it) Do I use the same Crux as on the other marines as its the first company or do I just put II instead of I and call this a dev squad?? 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_0089_zpsddbe1217.jpg

Thanks MagicMan 

I followed this and came up with the following

All the highlights need tying in now and it needs weathering but its about there. 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_0148_zps07326e34.jpg

Quick update

Dev sarge done and Ive started the next one. 

Im not too happy with the connecting cable highlighting so that will probably get redone

I also picked up some texture on the dev symbol (rushing white!) So that needs fixing too 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_0151_zps472f8843.jpg

God that looks so good.

How much time did that take you?

Thanks guys

Normally my rate is a mini every couple of weeks but it depends if I really like the way its going or if I get something else thats shiny that distracts me. 

These are fillers while I wait for my Corvus and Maximus armour from FW to arrive. 

Ive got 3 other Devastators primed so they are getting a base coat tonight so lets see if Im quicker when doing 3 at once

Archived