Sons of Horus by Resin Forge - A Heavy Conversion Log

Resin Forge

Fantastic coversion work!

Lovely work, as usual, brother.

Thanks guys!

Absolutely stunning (albeit heretical) minis you have going brother.  I have to ask a quick question though- how did you remove helbrecht's head for your apothecary? What tools did you use?

I ask, because I have a gabriel seth to emperor's champion conversion mapped out in my mind, and removing his head seems daunting.

I'm also curious about the Helbrecht conversion. How did you remove the Combi melta, was it hard? or was it already detatched? Asking becuase I plan to use the model in the future and want to replace the melta with something else.

Both the head and combi weapon were removed with a sharp exacto. I bought the finecast version so I could chop him up easier. I have in the past done a similiar conversion with the pewter version and it took a ton of dremel work, cut fingers and lots of blood.

Finecast may have some problems sometimes, it more then makes up for it in the conversion abilities. At least in my very humble opinion.

Completed after the accident with the dog. Sons of Horus Lodge Master.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/resinforge/champ_comp1_zps695af989.jpg

Doth mine eyes deceive me? A twin-linked Volkite? GENIUS! I think I might steal that idea for a later project, if that's alright. :D

(Neat vet squad too.)

• 2 weeks later...

Every time you update this thread i feel the need to comment, but how many iterations of "awesome,well done, good job etc." can i even come up with? As always, i like your conversions. Just one question: which guitar string did you use for the last guy?

Every time you update this thread i feel the need to comment, but how many iterations of "awesome,well done, good job etc." can i even come up with? As always, i like your conversions. Just one question: which guitar string did you use for the last guy?

Its a pewter power cable. Ive since moved to making them with GS as I feel they sit a bit better on the model.

When's the paint going on? smile.png

Once I have the army built, ill start on the real squad painting. Just 1 more support squad, 1 mroe vet squad and 2 more termie squads. Then paint time while I figure out the vehicle situation.

good GAWD your green is gorgeous!

Thanks!

Ive done more work on the 2nd Terminator squad Sgt. he still needs gaps

filled, GS details and the 2 chain flails from the Rampager set to be

added to his weapon.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/resinforge/termie_WIP4_zpsaab6bc12.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality picture but it does
show the current Sons of Horus army. Close up pictures can be seen all
throughout the FB group here.

As always comments, good and bad are welcome!

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/resinforge/army_wip1_zps52e2546f.jpg

Should the Legion Standard be replaced with a
converted 25 anni banner? Id remove the crimson fist words, add Horus
Luprical and add an eye of Horus in the center of the star.

Yay, or nay?

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/resinforge/standard_wip2_zps5b332640.jpg

It'd look pretty awesome. It you wanted to be fluff-conscious you'd do something about the aquila perhaps? I know the Emperor's Children were the only chapter allowed to display it on their armour, but I'm not sure how strict the big man was with letting other legions use it in other ways.

Keep it up man

\m/

. . . a very opioid legion . . . a listeriosis banner

An opioid is a psychoactive chemical that works by binding to opioid receptors, which are found principally in the central and peripheral nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.

Listeriosis is an infection that can occur when a person eats food that has been contaminated with bacteria called Listeria monocytogenes.

Thank you for scrutinizing iPhone spelling abilities brother, the words were opulent and illustrious....

Thank you for scrutinizing iPhone spelling abilities brother, the words were opulent and illustrious....

But I do see how those mistakes could be confusing. Again, thank you for correcting the mistakes

It'd look pretty awesome. It you wanted to be fluff-conscious you'd do something about the aquila perhaps? I know the Emperor's Children were the only chapter allowed to display it on their armour, but I'm not sure how strict the big man was with letting other legions use it in other ways.

Keep it up man

\m/

Already done, as well as the small ones hanging near the top ;)

Id add the old one on top of the 25th anniversary banner.

it will have some sort of top, I am considering the top of the old one, or the metal large star from huron. (pewter GW one)

. . . a very opioid legion . . . a listeriosis banner

An opioid is a psychoactive chemical that works by binding to opioid receptors, which are found principally in the central and peripheral nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.

Listeriosis is an infection that can occur when a person eats food that has been contaminated with bacteria called Listeria monocytogenes.

But I do see how those mistakes could be confusing. Again, thank you for correcting the mistakes

HEHE best smile ive had all day, thanks guys!

Wow. Some really, really amazing converting and kitbashing here. This is a very inspiring thread.

Thanks!

--------------------

Got the first of the 2 flails on the terminator Sgt.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/resinforge/termie_WIP5_zpsd34df7a0.jpg

I continue to adore these guys. :)

One thought on that new Sgt, though - his pose seems off, as if he's just holding his dual-flail forward in front of his body, rather than menacingly wielding it. One idea would be to bring the left arm down and back some, while angling the right hand forward, so he's holding one end forward like a polearm, or perhaps just change the hands and arms so he's holding the staff a bit more diagonally to his body? The weapon's great, but I don't feel like the Sgt is positioned in a way to communicate its threat.

I continue to adore these guys. smile.png

One thought on that new Sgt, though - his pose seems off, as if he's just holding his dual-flail forward in front of his body, rather than menacingly wielding it. One idea would be to bring the left arm down and back some, while angling the right hand forward, so he's holding one end forward like a polearm, or perhaps just change the hands and arms so he's holding the staff a bit more diagonally to his body? The weapon's great, but I don't feel like the Sgt is positioned in a way to communicate its threat.

You make some really well thought out points. I really did try to get a change in the arm pose, but after many many cuts and tries , the body itself only allows so much bend in each arm without it starting to look even crazier "mr gorilla arm" then he slightly already is. Ill get a WIP shot from before up so you can see the arm pose difference.

I really muts say, your comments are top notch and truely helpful.

Archived