Sons of Horus by Resin Forge - A Heavy Conversion Log

Resin Forge

Leaning towards modified Mk3/mk3 packs. But still stuck.

Excuse the horrible quality photo. Its 730 am on Sunday and I had a rough night. I figured id work on this guy.

The chipped paint doesn't even show the highlights, but that's ok, ill just buy Photoshop and make sure all future pics are actually decent!

I'm always open to feedback. I do plan to weather the force like the Contemptor, with heavy dirt and dust along with some limited rust and chipped paint. So if its not a good idea, I'm all for reasons behind it!

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/resinforge/ccvet4_pip2_zps3535981b.jpg

I think that the weathering looks very good on the Dread and the marine so far.  I would continue to weather everything in your force to the same level and include better pictures with photoshop or whatever it takes to get the pictures out to the public.  Is the marine's left arm from the World Eater's Rampager Squad or somewhere else?

Posted · Hidden by Captain Semper, April 16, 2013 - Trading post
Hidden by Captain Semper, April 16, 2013 - Trading post

I have to say the weathering on the contemptor so far is lovely loving this thread.

Thanks! It still has a log way to go!

I think that the weathering looks very good on the Dread and the marine so far.  I would continue to weather everything in your force to the same level and include better pictures with photoshop or whatever it takes to get the pictures out to the public.  Is the marine's left arm from the World Eater's Rampager Squad or somewhere else?

Yea I plan to weather them all the same, then go back to the bases to jazz the up as well.

I am however stuck on eye coor. Im thinking light green or a deap blue. Red seems used far to much.

The model is a mix of Mk4 legs, Mk2 Rampagers, GW Biker head, mk5 smooth shoulder pad, mk2 CC arms, black legion pad, phobos and chain axe and the spiked pit on the left arm is cut from a rampager. It helps running a bits store that sells FW as single parts.

**NEWS FLASH**

Thallax, Legion Outriders, Legion Recon Marine, Legion Breachers, HH plasma Guns, HH Melta Guns and HH Rotor Cannons will all be in stock in less then 12 hours.

Many bits and sets have been claimed but there are still more yet to be snatched up! Sadly its either first come first serve when they go live in the shop, or you can make a request to have something put aside for you via a message here (or email direct to us).

All orders made at www.ResinForge.com in the next 48 hours will have 3 bonus options upon checkout.

1) The normal 1010 code can be used just as is to receive 10% off your entire order, not matter how large or small it is.

2) You can put in the notes area upon checkout you would like a 'Sample Pack' of bits. You can even specify which force you would prefer bits for. Its a neat way to check out bits for free that you possibly would have never considered buying./

3) Be entered into our VIP program which will give weekly discounts and items on sale not to the general public.

If anyone wants more details, please do ask and we will be more then happy to explain in more detail.

Posted · Hidden by Captain Semper, April 16, 2013 - Trading post
Hidden by Captain Semper, April 16, 2013 - Trading post

Figures, I already have an order pending and you drop some news like this on us.  Now I definitely need more stuff.  Email me before my order ships, I'll add to it if it's not too late.

There are a number of orders each day, email us and its no problem at all adding onto it if it hasnt already shipped. If it has, we can work out free shipping on your next order.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/resinforge/order5_zps474ff865.jpg

First restock box (of the day/this week) arrived. This one contains Thallax, Legion Recon Marine, Legion Breachers, HH plasma Guns, HH Melta Guns, HH Rotor Cannons and more Emperors Children Mk4 Shoulder Pads.

Tons of new bits for all those great conversion ideas everyone has! All items can either be claimed/requested or can be bought direct from the store.

That is one deadly and impressive looking weapon.  Could you give us a parts breakdown on that baby?

Recon Marine Tigrus Sniper bolter with the center barrel removed. I

replaced that with the Thallax Cannon front bit and then replaced the

magazine with a drum from a Phobos Combi bolter. Thats all.

As many others have already thought of, I wanted to make a small Tau

Force for when 40k is played. At the same time I also wanted a force I

could use in 30k. With the Mechanicum rules being pretty small for now,

what better way to field Thallax then as Battlesuits!

I know, ive

already gotted ripped for this idea as being stupid on reddit but

honestly, my gaming group and I all think its a neat idea.

First

up is a Thallax (battlesuit) armed with dual fusion cannons and a

missile pod. I'm very much open to ideas, even if its just, "your idea

sucks".

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/resinforge/tau_thallaxsuit_zpse41354ec.jpg

Using those beautiful Thallax models as Crisis Suits is an excellent idea! I've seen the Mechanicus played as Eldar before today, but never the Tau.

I suppose, though, that that's the fun of it all - since the Mechanicus have no Codex, you can play them using absolutely any army you want.

Now, since the new Tau codex has so many new goodies, you can model some very exotic vehicles, "battlesuits" and Special Characters.

I say go for it, and have fun whilst doing it!

I had the same thought about the Mechanicum Bots as Crisis Suits.

I was also thinking of using the Riptide rules for some kind of Knight Titan.

I might never get around to it though, not for a while anyway.

A decimator converted to not be so chaosy could easily be a riptide.  And yep, I have the start on that conversion too!

Question to tau players, what weapons are the best for the riptide?

Using those beautiful Thallax models as Crisis Suits is an excellent idea! I've seen the Mechanicus played as Eldar before today, but never the Tau.

I suppose, though, that that's the fun of it all - since the Mechanicus have no Codex, you can play them using absolutely any army you want.

Now, since the new Tau codex has so many new goodies, you can model some very exotic vehicles, "battlesuits" and Special Characters.

I say go for it, and have fun whilst doing it!

Excuse my language but, Damn right! Great minds think alike!

Archived