The Cadian 256

Idlem

Update! My vow for the newest board challenge. I bought it this afternoon and already have a good amount done. Since it's going to be ferrying around my Kasrkin, its gotta have a matching camo scheme.

15039080795_4025886ebf_c.jpg

14852496268_bbf4b56139_c.jpg
15036041641_7324cbf632_c.jpg

I want to be able to open it up and show off the inside. My brother suggested the inside be a white or creme color since Sherman Tanks were like that. So yeah! My work in progress.

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments. I'm currently working on the driver and gunner and getting the lid on in a way that's easy to remove when I want to show off the inside. A diorama on the inside might be something that I may be able to pull off, just got to figure out how to make it look like Kasrkin on the inside.

Don't have pictures, but I did clean up some of the camo in areas, and been working on more details on the inside. Hopefully this weekend I'll have another update.

Looking forward to it :)

Like kier writes, you could have a nice opportunity to do an internal diorama.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the Taurox, pictures below.

15188488216_3872a25a95_c.jpg
15188496846_2d4781d9d2_c.jpg

Got to have a bit of a fun game this past weekend. My brother (Orks and Chaos) and I got our youngest brother and one of his friends into the game, both who have chosen Space Marines as their starter army. (Crimson Fists and Imperial Fists, Rogel Dorn's blood flows is strong in this family)

In order to kind of teach them about the game, my brother gathered his entire Ork Horde and I my Imperial Guard. My youngest brother and his friend took their Space Marines (A Sternguard and Rhino, and Tactical Squad) and we made a special scenario with the following rules.

1. To represent an ongoing, major battle, all Ork and Guard units destroyed in combat will reenter play at their table edge the following turn)

2. Both squads of Imperial and Crimson Fists had special rules. The Imperial Fists were given FnP on a 5+ while the Crimson Fists were granted a relic that provided a 5++ save to the squad.

3. The Space Marine's had two primary objectives. A. To rescue and extract an Apothecary (Guarded by some Black Templar Terminators) from the center of the board. B. Secure a relic from a crashed Valkyrie. A secondary objective of C. Kill the Warboss! was added.

First, this gave me plenty of opportunities to teach the rules of the game. Second, with the respawning of our armies, I was able to recklessly and awesomely spend my troops however I wanted. Only our Warlord unit could not respawn, and it made for some entertaining match ups. (Such as mass bayonet charges!) Unfortunately with my dying phone I was able to only snap a few pictures of the battle. I hope you enjoy them.

15025228060_1250918b07_c.jpg

15025207850_de7e745e1d_c.jpg

15208833401_294212a68b_c.jpg

15025308678_5e8b191b8c_c.jpg

Looks like you had a lot of fun, great to see such a vibrant table too! Teaching the game has always been enjoyable for me, as you say you can do unusual things as you're not playing a "proper" game plus it's always good to recruit more people into your circle. The more opponents the better! :D

Looks like a lot of fun, I personally love intro games, though we start a little smaller here and work up with people. A very cool board setup you have, I've been tempted to get some of those fiery smoke columns myself, would look excellent on the plethora of tank wrecks that inevitably fill my deployment.

I haven't done an intro game with someone since our latest Necron player, who, being known as a Magic powergamer, has now started fielding some downright horrible lists and gloating about it. Be careful what you unleash is all I'm saying! :P

Neither side was really aiming to win, as we were teaching the Space Marines how to play. We did our best with the Orks and Guard to create a crazy background narrative for the battle and to help (or hinder) the Space Marines to their objectives in the best way for them to learn. The Space Marines successfully extracted their Apothecary, and Relic, though they didn't take the best route for the latter and wasn't at enough strength to help out the Old 256 in killing the Warboss.

We ended with the 256 holding the line with about 60% of the board in their control (Thanks in a large part to Venerable Iron), though most of my Armor was hurting pretty bad at that point. Neither Warlord had been slain so while the Space Marines may finished their missions, the War had yet to be won!

The smoke is made from pillow cotton wrapped around a electric candle and sprayed black. Really easy to make.

Yes, the guards were separate from the Marines. The 256 was tasked with stopping the orks, the Marines had their own mission.

• 3 months later...

Updates! Gonna have a fluff post in a few days here, my brother and I have got some goodies from the holidays that's going to factor into our armies respective sides. In the meanwhile, I made my Command Squad 2.0. They're the same folks as before, they're just in Carapace armor now to reflect their new rank. (Colonel Grey is now Castellan Grey!)

16162433655_0cd285e4c3_c.jpg

So here is Command Squad 2.0.

15542680573_1f55ee6c66_c.jpg

Castellan Grey now has a handy new coat suited for the leader of my army. His also got a Black Templar sword gifted to him by my Black Templar forces.

15975003438_3bc85d7fab_c.jpg

"Patches" is showing off my conversions. I just don't like the breastplate to the Scions. Grey up there is the only one to have a unique (scion) breastplate cause' he's the leader. However, the rest of my squad has good ol' guardsmen armor. My future Kasrkin conversions will use this method.

So yeah! Just the first of my stuff. Fluff and more to come later.

Well, got a box of Bullgyrns that I was working on. I've really taken a shine to these guys, seeing them in person just makes me love them more.

15995945120_9bff87590d_c.jpg

This is "Tanky"

Problem is, I got a bit inspired. I only got one box of the guys, and though I planned on making my own version of Nork, I was going to hold off on him as I wanted to spend the rest of my holiday hobby dollars on a vehicle for Big Guns Never Tire.

But then this happened.

16157439136_f30e17722a_c.jpg

I've yet to come up with a name for this magnificent bearded example of awesome, but him, his hat and raw manly shirtlessness has thrown a wrench into my plans. He HAS to be in my command squad as Nork. However, that leaves me with only two Bullgryns! So choices here, get a second box and finish out my elites or hold off on them and get a tank for the Big Guns. As it stands tonight, my Bullgryns are so far winning my internal tug of war.

Why? ...Because he is the most interesting Ogryn in the galaxy, and prefers Dos Aquillas.

I wonder could you just repaint an old ,Sentinel and get the .Bullgryns. I also just got a box,and am looking at using some ,Ogres from whfb, to change them up a bit.  The Nork, is awesome,inspired. Dos Aquila's indeed.