Shrineworld Garrison (what’s still legal??)

Kierdale

Hmm... How about Jäger Hexe?

(Checked Google Translate... German for Hunter and Witch respectively)

Hunts down those he's in charge of to better preserve their souls for the Emperor?

Thanks to Jägermeister I don't think there's anyone who doesn't know what it means :tongue.: Does the telepathica do sponsorship?

If the PBS doesn't attract bullets it'll only be because it is their first game and nobody knows what they can do. From then onwards a Chimera is strongly recommended :lol:

From then onwards a Chimera is strongly recommended :lol:

Not wanting to accuse but, WarriorFish, you wouldn't by any chance be trying to persuade me to purchase more armoured vehicles, would you? ;)

We'll see how PBSs are in the new codex, though I must admit the prospect of modelling a dedicated Chimera for those psychic vagabonds is very, very tempting. An ecclesiarchal one too, perhaps.

On the subject of PBSs I do hope the unit survives into the next codex. If not then I can at least use them with the Primaris Psyker in the Apoc formation.

Nonsense! It's a good tactical plan, as it helps keep them safe and effective. If this also means you get more tanks then it was clearly meant to be! :P

If the PBS doesn't survive to the new codex I'll be pretty damn annoyed, it's the first time Guard psykers have been useful!

No promises Walter, but I'll give it some thought. :)

Got the PBS undercoated and am going to buy a new skin paint this week (as my Kislev Flesh dried out). Once the sniper SWS is done (shouldn't take long) I'll get onto the psykers. While painting them at work, I can get the last two of the first five rough riders done as that I it's been cluttering my desk for too long.

Yesterday the missus said she wants to start some DIY at home, part of that being removing the eyesore of my hobby table from the living room, making shelves for the kitchen, etc, etc, so hobby time at home might be taking another kamikazesque nose dive!

Been there we do what we must, as in our world we have an empress, not an emperor.LOL. I don't mind I have a Primaris psycher as well, and I could redo it using that concept,as it currently has a fairly bland base. A quick question,have you seen any samurai based IG ? I always wondered if any one had done it. I appreciate the consideration of the idea.

Edited by walter h

I have seen any samurai-inspired IG, actually.

I haven't seen any samurai-inspired armies at all over here! Perhaps, like most of us, the natives see 40k as escapist, and want to do something different from the familiar.

Personally I'm not keen on the idea for a few reasons. Firstly I can't see the IG codex/fighting style matching samurai very well. Secondly, I came here 12 years ago all interested in samurai, manga and all that stuff...but after 12 years now I'm not into it at all.

An IG army inspired by, say, the Japanese army of the Meiji Restoration (for an easy image think 'Last Samurai')...now that would be original. Basing one on the WW2 armed forces would also be interesting, if a bit of a touchy subject with some people, of course.

Blatant Tease: Bought myself some green Glaze (gladewatcher? Something wood elf-sounding) on my way home. Thinking about how to paint something so it looks like a hologram...

Edited by Kierdale

That would definitely work, you could have a good mix of east and west and a lot of characterful things like cavalry and Armstrong like heavy guns. Should probably stop thinking about it now, lest I get pulled back in to Fall of the Samurai and lose even more hobby time! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, NightHunters.

My order came in last Monday, so I can explain the hologram thing:

I bought a pack of Planetstrike Hive City tiles. I only need one but there are two in the pack. I'll find some use for the second one in the future (or if I screw up painting the first one #nervouslaugh#). The idea is that it will be a hologram at the center of a commander's planning table. Servo skulls hovering about (perhaps they're projecting it), a servitor hardwired into it (using one of the tank crew bodies which I know we all have lots of left over). The hologram itself will be red in some areas, green in others to represent friendly versus enemy territory.

Now, how to paint it?

I'm planning on trying white undercoat spray then simply green and red washes glazes in areas, perhaps with a final white drybrush to pick up the raised areas. Corrected washes to glazes as a Shade would darken things too much.

Hopefully can give it a try this weekend.

Also, this 'shrineworld' has but one junior priest so far (Father William, custodian of the penal legion). Can't have that, can we?

His superior has arrived and just needs a bit of GS and etched brass Aquila, then I'll post an image of him. I rather like his armament. :)

The sniper teams are coming along well, should be finished next week.

The psykers are also coming along nicely, though slower. Love those Flagellants models. If PBSs are any good -or at least fun- in the new codex I'll be tempted to make another.

At the very least I'll have enough with this unit to do the Apoc formation.

And a couple more guy are being sent to the shrine world, but no one expects them... ;)

What else...

Oh! The thread passed 10,000 views. Yay! :D

Edited by Kierdale

I don't plan to add any Sororitas, to be honest.

I figure not every shrine world has Sisters on it, and Kierdale's does not.

If GW were to release some excellent plastic Sororitas, that might change my mind, though I honestly don't know a lot about them. How do they feel about psykers? Abhumans?

If it's a Shrine World then it will probably have Sisters on it, just not automatically the battle variety. The Sisterhood isn't so great on psykers and abhumans. They don't go round purging everything on sight, for example sanctioned psykers and the like and "accepted" abhumans like Guard Ratlings but that doesn't mean they have to like them. Mutants like your Goatman though...

I don't plan to add any Sororitas, to be honest.

I figure not every shrine world has Sisters on it, and Kierdale's does not.

If GW were to release some excellent plastic Sororitas, that might change my mind, though I honestly don't know a lot about them. How do they feel about psykers? Abhumans?

The basic attitude of Adepta Sororitas is that if people accept their place in the Imperium and believe that the Empreor is the supreme ruler of men the Sisters (and the church) will have no problem with them.

That said, psykers are not trusted, but then nobody is fully trusted.  There are a good many Sisters working security on the Black fleet, for example, so there is a level of mistrust against any psyker already established.  They will work with sanctioned psykers -- after all, most Inquisitors are psykers, too -- but if it comes time to keep a daemon for posessing the psyker they will not hesatate to purge them both with holy fire in the Emperor's name.

If abhumans are mentioned in the books with Sisters I don't remember it.  As a guess, I would say they see abhumans as being just below humans through no falut of their own.  They would see abhumans as commoners or serfs. As long as they accepted their place in the Imperium and followed the Emperor I don't think a Sister of Battle would think anything more or less about an abhuman than any other common subject of the Imperium.  An abhuman would not be fit to lead in any capacity other than over other abs but they are welcome to accept the Emperor and work for the glory of the Imperium.  I don't see it as any sort of 20th century racial bigotry, more like 16th century knights and peasents.  It's just a fact of birth and both are needed for the Kingdom to function.

Thanks for the input and info, WarriorFish and Fibonacci.

If GW do give the Sororitas the attention that they need, then I'll think about it. I might just keeps the sisters the other end off he battlefield from the beastmen homosapiens variantus. Or on the other hand keep them damned close :D

All these nice new Dwarf models make me want to go beyond ratling Squat sniper refugees and do a full Squat refugee platoon. That engineer character has a pipe too. He'd fit in nicely on Kierdale's World.

Imagine one of those gyrocopters with the rotors removed, the winglets replaced with Sentinel legs. A cute Squat sentinel.

Will never get around to doing it, of course, what with C:IG (or should that be C:AM??) coming so soon. :)

Good advice, WarriorFish. :)

The sniper SWS is very nearly finished. Hopefully today or tomorrow. After that I'll be working on the shotgun veterans. There's still one or two to build, then I want to get them all painted. The urban camo will be a nice change from green, too.

The PBS should be done by the end of Feb, then I want to finish the first five rough riders. Need to buy some new browns for the horses.

And if...if I invested in a knight in the future, I've been looking over the old Knight houses.

House Beaumaris, House Hawkwood or particularly House Mortimer have always been attractive and are colourful enough to draw fire from my men and tanks. Plus House Mortimer screams 'Genestealer Cult'! :D

Anyway, I have at least 50 infantry, a flyer and probably a tank to two to complete before I splash out on anything like that.

I'm full of good advice, especially the bits about more tanks :P

I've never been involved with the Knight stuff of old, and as such haven't really thought about them. I don't think I like the old designs so I'll have to see what the new one looks like. I do like vehicles and big kits, but I have a couple of super heavies I should do first never mind all the normal sized models. If only I didn't have to work..!

If only I didn't have to work..!

No chance you can so some modelling in your lunch hour like I do?

Didn't get any done today however as we had another heavy snowstorm (the second in a week! Last Saturday's was the worst snow in Tokyo in 45 years!) so the office closed early and I got home before the trains stopped (though mine was delayed by -not snow- but a suicide! Just my luck).

Will get to work on finishing the SWS tomorrow. :)

I could do, but I spend enough hours of the day at it so I like to get of the office for a walk. Not today though it's raining a hell of a lot (no surprises there, given the flooding lately). Hmm, maybe it is worth a try so I can make up for lost time, I could just do simpler stuff like base coats that won't require getting caught up in it? It's not like I get any nice daylight either.

Any chance you could give us a nice new army shot when the SWS is done?

The sniper special weapons squad is complete!

gallery_63428_8145_18825.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_25330.jpg

Spotters, starting with squad leader.

gallery_63428_8145_2617.jpggallery_63428_8145_24480.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_16419.jpggallery_63428_8145_28152.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_2322.jpg

And the shooters.

gallery_63428_8145_15420.jpggallery_63428_8145_12774.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_17223.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_32871.jpg

EDIT:

The squad has blue trim to indicate their support role. Yellow for command, red for infantry, blue for support, green for assault (based on old RT-era IG markings). Actually it reminds me: I must update this thread's original post with some more background and organisational info.

And yes, WarriorFish, I'll do that army shot very soon. :)

Edited by Kierdale

Great work as always, I particularly like the blue markings! The sniper conversions turned out very nicely as did the modifications to the other Guardsmen to make them spotters and the like. A fine addition to a Platoon, hopefully they can reap a righteous tally in enemy special weapons and characters!