Shrineworld Garrison (what’s still legal??)

Kierdale

Thanks, WarriorFish, Walter H, Hendrik.

Assuming they're in the next codex, I will include them in my next army list if only to experiment with them. If they're not in the codex then they'll have to wait for the next time I play Apoc before they see battle alongside my (as yet unmade) Primaris.

They were great fun to make and I'd love to get more Flagellants either for another PBS (though I'd need to find a nice, unique mini for the Overseer. Will have to check WHFB Empire Lords and Heroes) or as cultists for my Psychopomps.

I wish the OSL had come out better but I'm out of practice at doing it. It's fair enough though :)

Hopefully can get some GSing done on Bede soon.

Any similarity is purely subliminal inspiration :D

I've never played Dead Space but I think I've seen images of this Isaac fellow. I wasn't sure what colour to do the Overseer's HUD at first. Green, even a different tone, would blend into his armour and clothing too much. Purple would look like he took a warp blast to the face. Red...didn't take me. That and some of the pistols have little red targeters, so I settled on blue. There's a fair chance the images I had seen of Isaac's helm helped though ;)

I imagine so, I've never played the games but I know who he is. That's what I thought of too when I saw it, looks really good :)

I'll be very annoyed if we lose the PBS, though if there's still enough places for the Psykers in the codex it can be rescued and my Overseer would make a good sergeant. I hope it doesn't come to that!

Did the necessary GS filling on Bede last night and added some Aquilas. I need to split one more larger etched brass Aquila so I can add one half to each side of his hammer. Tried last night but screwed it up when I did it with a knife so I'll bring home my wire cutters tonight and have another go.

Since I was using GS I also pulled another project from my WIP-Shelf: the quad-plasma command squad veterans. GS'd them some metal breastplates so they match my CCS officer, and added Aquilas to the chest plates a-la RT-era IG officers. Will get them built, based and undercoated...then back on the shelf with them until ETL starts. Will probably do them along with my Lord Solar Macharius in order to make them a legal unit (codex changes pending).

Well, I'll post photos of the completed-but-I painted models when they're done, to whet your appetite :)

I got three of the four plasma gunners done last night (but for belt kit and swords) and hope to get the fourth done soon.

In breaks while painting up Bede I think I might clean up and prep all (okay, as much as possible of) my Troops for the ETL. Then again, we have new models coming next month...:D

Must get a start made on painting Bede before the new models come out!

Too much fantastic and fun things in this thread to comment on all in one go XD I love the style, feel and theme of the army, especially the fluffpiece at the start and how you keep to that theme. (And mr.Tumnus!)

Looking forward to seeing the converted up CSS!^^

Thank you, Warhawk Shizu!

The plasma company command squad veterans are complete.
First up a shot of the GS'd breastplates (which are later mostly obscured by arms and weapons!)

med_gallery_63428_8145_76141.jpg

Spare heads from Empire Pistoliers (another fantastic kit for bitz), swords from Empire handgunners.

gallery_63428_8145_24776.jpggallery_63428_8145_30603.jpg

They'll be getting painted up to accompany my current company commander:

med_gallery_63428_8145_86698.jpg

i.e. shiny breastplates...probably helmets too. Plumes will probably be yellow (command colour).

But, for now, they'll be going into storage, awaiting the ETL. :smile.:

And Invulnerable Bede got his temporary base. I say temporary as I want to give him a big showy one with steps and a stained glass window behind him...but I don't have the time or funds for that now. So he'll just be pinned into this one. Spent shotshells added to his base.

gallery_63428_8145_26424.jpg

And the photo of his Aquila hammer (the third(?) so far in the army)...came out awful. The hammer came out nicely though IRL.

med_gallery_63428_8145_39763.jpg

Will be undercoating him and getting the real painting done this week.

Looking good, they fit in well with your theme and background (that's right, I've read it all :tongue.: ). I'm keen to see them painted, as if I needed more reason to look forward to the ETL :lol:

Bede is coming along nicely too, what will his paint job be like? Will be be akin to the officer?

Thank you!

The shogun is from either the Necromunda Orlock or Goliath gang. I bought both at the same time and shoved all the bits in together. If you can find them, there are a lot of nice minis and some unique looking weapons in those gangs.

Like father William the penitents' custodian, Invulnerable Bede will be glad in a black habit trimmed in dark red (inspired by priest artwork in Dark Heresy). I originally did father William's plate a dull steel but recently changed it to green -similar to that worn by the PBS overseer- and will do the same for Bede. As if he's been issued military gear not specific to his role. I'll be doing the new storm troopers' armour in a similar way I expect, so that should help tie them all together.

Only CCS get the really shiny armour (I'm as yet undecided on my roughriders. The Lord's Own Dragoons...with a name like that perhaps shiny breastplates?).

One last thought: there are no monocles in this army yet. Must be rectified.

Indeed, the lack of monocles must be rectified.

Great stuff. I'm really impressed with how this army is coming together and have enjoyed watching the progression.

I like the preacher a lot. Really wish I could find a way to fit them into my own army, but never seem able to scrounge the points.

All hail the Warmaster!!!

gallery_63428_8145_1720.jpggallery_63428_8145_49036.jpggallery_63428_8145_4965.jpg

...you perhaps expected someone else? :wink:

Decided to get Lord Solar himself ready to accompany the four plasma veterans as a full CCS pledge for the ETL when it starts.

His backpack and (big) sword will be painted separately.

In other news:

Went to GW Nakano's Spring Painting Contest today...and won the Single Mini category with my genestealer (commissars: you may now grant me the Emperor's Mercy for fouling my brushes with Xenos taint :biggrin.:)

...and met Warhawk Shizu. Man's got some very nice minis!

Lastly, though he's not a Kierdale's Worlder (he's far too filthy!), I thought I'd post a bit about my Necromundan guardsman I made for `Regiments of the B&C`:

An old Orlock ganger I had lying about...

med_gallery_63428_7083_80964.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_82560.jpg

I basecoated him white and then gave him two heavy washes of Agrax Earthshade:

gallery_63428_7083_15909.jpg

Then a couple of layers of each coloured Shade in the appropriate areas:

gallery_63428_7083_15411.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_8942.jpg

At this point I was actually pretty happy with him, but I was going for something like Lord Commander Scrymgeour's gritty, Blanche-inspired work Here and, biting the bullet, gave him another two all-over coats of Agrax.

And he turned out thus:

gallery_63428_7083_1345.jpggallery_63428_7083_33571.jpggallery_63428_7083_12164.jpg

gallery_63428_7083_9790.jpggallery_63428_7083_2700.jpggallery_63428_7083_22142.jpg

I'm rather happy with how he turned out! The only actual paints used were Typhus Corrosion and Ryza rust on the base (which was all Agrax'd over too) and Tamiya Clear Red for the cybereye.

I'd love to do an army like that...but it wouldn't suit Kierdale's World...I don't think it would suit my Scythes or Psychopomps either...so perhaps when I add my planned =][= detachment, I'll do them like this.
Edited by Kierdale

Thank you!

I've been looking at the Scions and, while my first thought was "those berets and 'taches' will look great alongside my other Guard", I then got to thinking how I would paint them. One idea was to go with camo (rather than the uniform green of the Kierdale's Worlders), perhaps with foliage added (oregano turned out to be great when I made my Marbo diorama and I'm itching it use it more)...

And then I got thinking tan/beige berets (a-la the SAS) and black armour/clothing.

Then I struck on it:

Save the beret heads for more Kierdale's Worlders. Use the masked/goggled heads. Black armour and bodysuits. Model them emerging from a lake/river (get to use my water effects again). Gloss varnish for a wet look.

Yes: less SAS, more SBS.

'By strength and guile' - a fine motto!

I'll have to have a closer look at their rifles and see if I can add extras like a light, bipod, etc.

That's a great idea! When can we expect to see it? :laugh.:

Once I have the codex in my hands (well, on my phone) I'll make my buying decisions. A squad of Scions and then we'll see about artillery. Griffon and Colossus if the rules are good and models available (or convertable)...or maybe I'll go with a safer option of a couple of Russes and a Manticore. All depends on the rules...

The wait is killing me :biggrin.:

In the mean time I've started painting Bede, and want to get a lot of my metal Guard cleaned up, based and undercoated for when the ETL starts.

I've got a horrible feeling the Wyvern is going to replace the Griffon in the codex :sad.: No model, no rules right?

I'm sulking a little bit that we didn't get more kits, with the Sciondex (coming out before no less) it really feels like they're not "proper" Imperial Guard units and are only usable as an afterthought. It's like getting a new Space Marine codex that comes with some Space Wolf models or something.

That and a distinct lack of armour being rolled out, I was hoping to have a bit more vehicle to sink my teeth into. I'll keep myself busy with the Regiments challenge and finishing my ETL Veterans and see where I go. If nothing else I can production line a bucket of Guardsmen ready for painting up in ETL III... Of course we'll probably find they're worth a mere few points each and my grand endeavour translates to not very much, but that's the Guardsman's lot! :tongue.:

Though I suppose I did promise myself a Vanquisher for completing my ETL vows... and the Scions look cool...

Great work as always. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the Macharius model. It's one of my favourites.

The SBS themed scions sounds cool. But with that baroque armour I wonder if it might not be better to try a more (rather than less) medieval style to go with the other feudal elements of your army? Of course scions are a seperate army and not from Kiersdale's World (well one or two of them might be) so you can go any angle you like.

My first idea was to make the Scion models as natives of Kierdale's World: the elites, native equivalents to Scions...but it just didn't quite feel right. Plus doing them as Scions would give me a bit of variety in the army. The baroque armour will just make sure they're not too different. :)

Depending on my wallet, I might check my local hobby shop at the weekend...they have a 10% discount on GW stuff...

Though I've used the original parts in my Rough Riders, my brother gave me another box of Empire Pistoliers for Christmas so I was tempted to finally make this officer:

med_gallery_63428_8145_2490.jpgmed_gallery_63428_8145_89832.jpg

med_gallery_63428_8145_58636.jpg

med_gallery_63428_8145_11540.jpg

...but then earlier this week the WD leaks mentioned a tank commander option in the codex.

I cannot think of a better body to be sticking out of a turret.

"Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!" And all that.

Perhaps use that Great Cannon barrel I got pages back as a replacement Russ barrel, and I also got the Empire engineer with the long rifle. The alternative arm for that is a telescope, which I love to mount on the cupola.

The actual rules for these tank commanders will be the decider, but I'm tempted to make the foot version of him but simply not glue the torso to the legs. Double-pin it to minimise wobble and eliminate twist, make a similar socket inside the turret: and I've got both options sorted.

Aaand I got a good bit of painting done on Bede today. Should have him finished next week :)

Edited by Kierdale