Storm Raven Going Vanilla?

John Rainbow

I don't object to the Raven being made available to other armies, in fact I'm quite glad to see it getting rolled out. What vexes me most is that it doesn't need to be a compendium, it could have easily been errata-ed into the existing books (basically, what Mort said a few posts above).

I also take it that this means GK still pay slightly more for their SR compared to everyone else?

This game is shifting from OK to whack, making me feel better that I have stopped playing it from 6th on. There is nothing that makes distinction between chapters anymore, perhaps overpriced HQ's can ... but w.ever

I feel like BA are just getting dumped into trash...

~BT

That is such an over reaction. What is wrong with 40K that just attracts such negative attitudes? So many people are quick to say the sky is falling and they've been betrayed (as if they've owed something), yet have very little to really base their opinions on.

What exactly has the Blood Angels Codex lost? Nothing.

Are they less unique because of "sharing" this vehicle? No, because it isn't a defining feature of the Codex. Look back at previous editions of the BA Codex and you will see they've gotten MORE unique with each new iteration. You can quit 40K as your right, but doing so on the illusion of your Codex no longer being unique and citing previous editions as being more unique than present, is flat out wrong.

Moaning and negatively are habits and you will spread it like a disease all around until. Enjoy life, choose something else instead. (identity the film link)

Two things . fluff wise this makes no sense . ad mecha cant supply other chapters with SR , if GK/BA are not sharing them [and FW tells us that eagles are not supplied to BAs , just because of not sharing the data] . Yet in fluff this is what is happening .

they are forcing people to buy a high cost hard cover book [which means your runing around now with your dex , this , the rulebook . add the army . I hope your not playing necron or IG by now] , the FAQ is worded in a such a way that both the BA/GK entry are at worse no longer legal at best BAs and GK have 2 SR . Check the GK part of the forum how it looks for them .

ah and woe to the person who wanted this book , but didnt get to buy it durning its first splash release. they are now sitting on dakka jets or SR they can no longer use. Even those who were crazy enough to buy talons [instead taking ally IG] , the costs of weapons and talons are changed , so you cant us the WD version , because rules wise this book counts as most recent english printing.

All of this would have been bad , but easier to deal with , if the book had other stuff . But it doesnt , everything else is optional[so people wont use] or reprints . All they did with this book could have been done with a 2-3 page faq FAQ in a WD .

I think everyone understands the cynical marketing ploy upsets people and I have no problem with that. I even agree with it.

However I didn't once try and justify it and that's not what I was replying to, so I have no idea why you're pointing that out to me?

I don't know how you play games even in tournaments but I have never once been asked to prove an element of my army list in a Codex. I can easily take a Stormraven in my Ultramarines army and follow the rules I know are correct and no one will be aware I haven't got a copy of the supplement.

It's melodramatic to suggest gaming stops unless you can prove you have all the official books. People play from memory not the book, otherwise games would be boring in the extreme.

And before anyone states tournaments require it blah blah, I'd like to point out in my last 3 tournaments I attended I forget the rule book, Codex or both (oops!) and the organisers said not to worry every time as they're sure they could get a copy of the rules needed if there were any disputes.

However I didn't once try and justify it and that's not what I was replying to, so I have no idea why you're pointing that out to me?

I wasnt . If I did I would have quoted something . At the time of writing this , I was still on page 2 of this.

as to what BAs lost . If one of the few things you have good in your dex is a SR and suddenly everyone gets one [well save for the SW and chaos] , then you lost tons of stuff . flyer adventage [you have it , sm have the crapy talon or have to ally something in , but so can you ] for example .

It's melodramatic to suggest gaming stops unless you can prove you have all the official books.

I dont know how it is today in UK , but here and in UK 8 years ago it was impossible to play an army without a codex and the rules for all the units you have .

And before anyone states tournaments require it blah blah, I'd like to

point out in my last 3 tournaments I attended I forget the rule book,

Codex or both (oops!) and the organisers said not to worry every time as

they're sure they could get a copy of the rules needed if there were

any disputes.

and my friend got DQ at a GT in UK just when 3ed started , because his orks had bolters and not shootas what his opponent claimed as being "confusing" and the judge said yes to that . If it  worked like that people would be inventing units and rules and just say it is FW , but they forgot the book for it and the model they use is of course scrap build , because the actual FW one is still "on the way to them".

It is really annoying though when I've spent money to support my hobby and people either don't own the rules or have sack full printed PDFs. It's even worse when people constantly proxy medels with intention of ever updating their collections. I'm talking Rhinos being used as flyers not well crafted counts as.

I really don't mind other chapters gaining the 'Raven. It was an inevitability in my eyes it's just happened a little sooner than I'd thought.

I think its time to close this thread too.

The storm raven is finally (as at first expected) a part of the SM arsenal.  

There's no real reason to keep this therad open any longer and points of view have been expressed and are now circling down a drainage pipe of gloom.  

Archived