SoB alternative model from Raging Heroes

Spellscape

scale is fine - anyway GW is making their heroes bigger than rank&file models

True: just look at the Chaos Anspiring Champion, for exaple. However it seems the CSM from Dark Vengeance are larger than other SM models. They look more "true scale". It would be interesting to see the comparison.

If you are interesting I can tell you the CSM Chosen from DV have the following sizes:

Bolter Chosen: about 40mm

Axe Chosen: about 35mm

Power Fist Chosen: about 40mm (nearly 50mm with the helmet "crest")

Power Maul Chosen: 35 mm

Chaos Lord: about 40mm plus 20mm of crests.

EDIT:

Even the Anspiring Champion and the new Raptors (from boot to helmet, not countintg their elevation) are 40mm. The Champion is sculpted in a running pose so he should be even larger.

I hope these data will help the comparison procedures ;)

comparison to what?

Between the Raging heroes minis and the CSM minis. If the ranging heroes female minis are shorter than the nearly true scale SM than they are perfect. My only concern is to have a female human miniature as tall as a Space Marine. In the other case all it's good and fine ;)

comparison to what?

Between the Raging heroes minis and the CSM minis. If the ranging heroes female minis are shorter than the nearly true scale SM than they are perfect. My only concern is to have a female human miniature as tall as a Space Marine. In the other case all it's good and fine msn-wink.gif

They are a full head taller than a typical SM model. It's close enough to fudge it but they are noticeably larger.

She looks as tall as the IG soldier, so she is OK. The problem with SM scale is a quite old one. Anyway she is wearing high heel shoes so she gains several centimeters ;)

Thanks for the info thumbsup.gif

Now I have to decide which of my current projects could most benefit from these minis...

Thanks again.

I think I'll pass GW models from now on  and will make force from this models.

If you need women miniatures it would be a wise choice since GW female minis are not very high quality. Then add the fact that SoB are quite expensive. After all if you spend a lot money you want your models to be super cool... right? ;)

Right - anyway I hav already at least 1 GW model of every SoB they've made

Now you make me think about another issue: the limited number of official SoB models. If you go only with GW minis you hand to have several "clones" of the same model. You can try to convert them but as far as I know it's not a very easy task to modify those models...

Ok, I figure this is as good a place as any to post my query:
I currently have 2,600 point of sisters painted, & know that there are certain holes that they cannot fill without an Ally (I've never played a single game of 40K, so I could be way off base on this one).

I am currently sitting on an EB Major level of this Kickstarter as I have always wanted a Krieg IG army and the IE is, I believe, the opportunity I've been waiting for in order to hit both of those birds in one go. The problem is that not knowing the game system well enough to know what I'm looking at. So, my initial thoughts on the pledge level are as follows:

Troop’s
1) Iron Empire Reg Troops (5)
2) Iron Empire Reg Troops (5)
3) Iron Empire Reg Troops (5)
4) Iron Empire Reg Troops (5)
5) Iron Empire Reg Troops (5)
6) Iron Empire Reg Troops (5)
7) Iron Empire Reg Troops (5)
8) Iron Empire Command (5)

9) Iron Empire Heavy Troops (5) Or Use as Heavy Weapons Platoon
10) Iron Empire Heavy Troops (5) Or Use as Heavy Weapons Platoon
11) Iron Empire Heavy Troops (5) Or Use as Heavy Weapons Platoon
12) Iron Empire Heavy Troops (5) Or Use as Heavy Weapons Platoon
13) Iron Empire Heavy Command (5) Or Use as Heavy Weapons Platoon

Support to use as troops:
1) Iron Empire Snipers (3)
2) Iron Empire Artillery 1 (2 models +Weapon)
3) Iron Empire Artillery 2 (2 models +Weapon) Or Heavy Quad Launcher
4) Iron Empire Artillery 3 (2 models +Weapon) Or Heavy Mortar Battery
5) Iron Empire( or Kurganova) Artillery 1 (2 models +Weapon)
I was also thinking that I could use the Artillery models as Heavy Mortar/Quad/ Battery/Hades Breaching Drill/

Heroines as Command models:
1) Mortaria Noctis: As a squad leader
2) Heleria Drakenfeld: As a squad leader
3) Lt Kotzen: As a squad Leader.

This gives me up to 79 models to work with.

Support:
1) Iron Empire Motorbike 1 (1)
2) Iron Empire Motorbike 2 (1)
3) Iron Empire Motorbike 3 (1)
4) Iron Empire (or Kurganova) Motorbike 2 (1)
5) Iron Empire (or Kurganova) Motorbike 2 (1)
The motor Bikes I was thinking of using for Cavalry (Rough Rider Squad/Death Riders)

6) Mecha
I was thinking of using this as a Sentinel....

The Heroines I was looking to pick up are as follows (To use as HQ choices & Command models):
1) Doc Von X Death Korps Quartermaster/squad leader
2) Lady Sighrith Death Korps Quartermaster/squad leader
3) Vera KrabbenHoft Army Standard/squad leader
7) Arthemisia Rozenkrantz Officer of the Fleet/squad leader
8) Lady Hilda Von Stroheim Company Commander/Commissar General
9) General Ilsa Wolfenstein Bodyguard/squad leader
10) Nephahrya Company Commander/Commissar General/ Korps Quartermaster

Does any of this make sense? I'd like to get a general idea before the project funds in order to make changes to my pledge if/where needed.

If I recall the fine text on the descriptions correctly, you can build the command sections as ordinary troopers with alternate poses. I'd order an even mix if were you as an anti-aliasing measure.

The concept art for those heavies does little for me, but if you like 'em, *Shrug*.

Given the natural variations in human height, the fact that the Kurganovas are noticeably taller than other figures isn't that big a deal. Most supermodels are super tall.

Thanks Eddie, you raise a very good point about the command. Does make sense to order as many of them as regular troopers for variation.

I'll keep my eyes on the heavies, but I was thinking for the weapon choice, not knowing a flamer from a melta isn't exactly working to my favour either.... never mind an auto cannon, stubber, VOX castor, mole launcher & misc other weapons look like. Is there by chance a 40K armory some place that I can check these out?

I started and have been part of a discussion on Dakka about this topic over the past week. Personally, I think that the Raging Heroes models don't fit well as substitutes for the SoB. While they are insanely high quality and would be fun to paint, I think that they remind me more of some of anime character rather than the "Bolter Bitches" of the 40k universe. If anything, I would maybe use some of their models as Inquisitors. Don't get me wrong, the sight of these high quality models made me wish the GW would get their rears in gear and make some new and plastic kits for the SoB along with a formal codex of their own.

Archived