SoB alternative model from Raging Heroes

Spellscape

I feel much the same as bitz addict on the subject. :-/ they don't look right. That and the idiotically long legs and super-stylised hips just don't impress me.

Could it be fair to coin the phrase "Pin-Up Figure"?

• 2 weeks later...

I asked this over on the Dakka forums, but this thread seems to be getting more love. You showed the size relationship between the standard units and GW units, how do the larger RH units, like Kiki and the Necro Priestess, stack up in size?

Dude, they're taller than Marines, and built like Barbie dolls.

What the hell do I have to do to get some tactical, lethal looking female Soldiers,  instead of armoured burlesque dancers?!?

Already working on it. Just bummed that anyone who makes female warriors adds way too much 'sex factor' to what should be a throat-slitting tactical badass.

*sigh* Don't mind me, I'm grumpy tonite.

I'm no prude but yeah, some of those are just too much sassy. Still, we need to remember that our own Sisters are wearing highly stylized armor with a boobplate and a corset (or whatever that thing is called) on top, so we're no saints.

I know, that's what makes the Sisters actually look interesting and fit the setting rather than just cheesecake fanservice and is the reason why I want to slap people who want to put them in some tacti-cool armor with no features across the face.

But I'm just saying - we're no saints *cough*Repentia*cough*.

Yes, but that's not self mutilation ...

If they're ugly tattoos and poor choices of ornament I'd beg to differ.

Sister-esthetician Vanessa struggled with her thoughts over a cup of recalf in the far corner of her studio. She'd had trouble with some of the novices passed into her tutelage lately, they'd came from a planet in which pinning parchments to yourself was considered haut couture. It made maintaining discipline with them more challenging than she would have liked and impeded her efforts to indoctrinate them into the appropriate perspectives on what themes should be conveyed to the greater public to maintain the missions glamourous image of this world. Threatening to shave them and send them out in parchments wouldn't work if they're inclined to do it anyway.

This was not a shrine world and there was simply not enough girls to control it through force. Worse yet was the persistent presence of those lamentable cog-heads forever extoling the virtues of their faith to the Imperial Commander. Stymieing them required continous efforts which had to be supported by a clean public image that did not coincide with half the order looking like repentia. Never mind the risks if some meddling missionary visited and scurried off to report what he saw as deviance.

At times Vanessa envied the late Carmen and Julia, at least they got 'an audience with the Emperor' before all this 'votive pins and parchment' business.

Archived