They look great? Really?

Remember when you were younger and used to pretend you were a fighter jet? That's what the poses remind me of... Arms stretched out like wings and running across the fields of Istvaan...

They look great? Really?

Remember when you were younger and used to pretend you were a fighter jet? That's what the poses remind me of... Arms stretched out like wings and running across the fields of Istvaan...

No, I don't. I never pretended I was an inanimate object...

...anyhow, would you please describe how you fight with axes without wide swings?

I think the Butchers would look much better with a dark brass and red colour scheme, similar to Angron.

And the bases don't help either. The bright green grass is quite distracting.

Worst...Paintjob...Ever

The miniatures are good but would look better with a normal paintjob, not good, just...normal 

Exactly this. Howe did they manage that?

Don't they often manage that?

Worst...Paintjob...Ever

The miniatures are good but would look better with a normal paintjob, not good, just...normal 

Exactly this. Howe did they manage that?

Don't they often manage that?

Indeed! :lol:

But the colorful helmet is beyond ridiculus... I tend to think that maybe a metal color will be indeed more appropriate - like Ramell said above...

>...anyhow, would you please describe how you fight with axes without wide swings?

Not by running forwards holding both axes stretched out like wings! teehee.gif

atleast only two are doing that....as much as i love the models i am changing up those two poses, other than that they are beautiful.....but where's my epicness?!?!?!

They look great, the painted ones do seem a bit odd, though I feel sorry for the guy who did if he's reading all of this, wouldn't imagine he'd get much stick if it was in a WIP log :P. 

The poses seem fine to me, the guys with their arm's spread just make me imagine that they have cleave someone in half and are already starting to plough through them.

The picture of the two painted models front on definitely looks like they're doing some kind of ritual war dance. Also like others have said, too much colour. Not slagging off the paint job, they're painted expertly, but personally I can't imagine the WE going for that much colour on their armour.

Though who cares about colours, they'd be covered in blood anyway.

The picture of the two painted models front on definitely looks like they're doing some kind of ritual war dance. Also like others have said, too much colour. Not slagging off the paint job, they're painted expertly, but personally I can't imagine the WE going for that much colour on their armour.

The lack of weathering, chipping etc and gaming standard basing puts them below normal FW fare in my opinion. They've even looked to have missed the final white coat on the right hand leg on one of the windmillers.

They sit alongside the figures on the painting by numbers pdf, competent but not what we've become accustomed to smile.png

The picture of the two painted models front on definitely looks like they're doing some kind of ritual war dance. Also like others have said, too much colour. Not slagging off the paint job, they're painted expertly, but personally I can't imagine the WE going for that much colour on their armour.

The lack of weathering, chipping etc and gaming standard basing puts them below normal FW fare in my opinion. They've even looked to have missed the final white coat on the right hand leg on one of the windmillers.

They sit alongside the figures on the painting by numbers pdf, competent but not what we've become accustomed to smile.png

Really? What do I know, I don't collect the models anyway tongue.png

Looking at the other painted releases on FW I do see your point though.

The other day I found my first painted miniatures and were better painted than this guys but besides that...I would have painted them red instead of white, with golden and brassy details, but anyway seeing how the guy painted the red I don't know if this way was better tongue.png

I hope he's not reading this...

So soon forgotten the glimpse at the future, so soon to anger at the red angel's misbegotten. Less insight will the Dark Angel bring to those unworthy of the Lion.

Seriously NO ONE knew of the catalogue coming before I hinted it to you not to mention that the red butchers were going to be released. Sheesh. Inside that was found of unseen and seen models. So ungrateful...darn ship-people turning to coral, lose all respect!

Archived