The itch of the butchers nails. The XIIth legion is loose...

OMG. Hand brush. How much to make me one.

But seriously, this is going to be awesome, love the idea of having a Siege of Terra basing theme with bits of IF scattered around, would make way to harmonise the armies!!

And Angry Angron looks, well, angry but also just plain epic!

Thank you Dammed Artificer.  I have never cared for the Tartaros terminators, until now.  That axe man is awesome!  I'm looking forward to seeing how this project progresses.  I wholeheartedly support the mad genius that is the blood hand brush.  BRUSHES FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Oh wow you have really captured the WE down to a tee. Some excellent posing going on, so fluid, especially as already said the 'axe man' cool.png

As for the Angron conversion. that is exactly the conversion I have planned in my head, 'damn you artificer' lol very well executed though, big kudos

And finally, I have got to steal that 'hand brush' I have tried free handing (natch!) so many times and failed, that idea never occurred to me.

Overall, BIG thumbs up from me thumbsup.gif

Wow, one TDA Heresy log was awesome enough, but TWO?! But... but... I didn't want to start a pre-Heresy World Eaters army, now I have no choice XD

You still have a choice, 18 choices in fact ;) I've ordered Abaddon and Loken as well so I might end up with yet more pre-heresy armies... whistlingW.gif

OMG. Hand brush. How much to make me one.
But seriously, this is going to be awesome, love the idea of having a Siege of Terra basing theme with bits of IF scattered around, would make way to harmonise the armies!!
And Angry Angron looks, well, angry but also just plain epic!

Haha I am afraid I'd get a LOT of hand brushes to make if I started taking in commissions for them XD so atm they're not for sale, but let's see what the future holds ;)

And thanks, I think a properly ruined base with loads of dead marines could be awesome :D I think that's how it'll end up going down actually :P

Thank you Dammed Artificer. I have never cared for the Tartaros terminators, until now. That axe man is awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing how this project progresses. I wholeheartedly support the mad genius that is the blood hand brush. BRUSHES FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Ohh I've cared for them from the start, they're awesome :D

And thanks, let's hope the blood god will be pleased.

Oh wow you have really captured the WE down to a tee. Some excellent posing going on, so fluid, especially as already said the 'axe man' cool.png

As for the Angron conversion. that is exactly the conversion I have planned in my head, 'damn you artificer' lol very well executed though, big kudos

And finally, I have got to steal that 'hand brush' I have tried free handing (natch!) so many times and failed, that idea never occurred to me.

Overall, BIG thumbs up from me thumbsup.gif

Thanks man, and sorry about that, I actually stole the idea (and modified it greatly) from another guy who mainly just added cables and painted him as angron... Which wasn't enough for me biggrin.png

I might do a tutorial on making a hand brush, but I have a tight schedule so it might take a while. Now onto the update!

I'll post this here as well (and yes, there's a few WE in the background there ;D
Just got a package from the states today, looks like it's review time ;D
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Random/DSC05778_zps7b306753.jpg
For those in doubt, this is the entire wash series and pigment series + some other goodies from the secret weapon range from secretweaponminiatures.com
All this will be reviewed for gravengames.co.uk and will probably feature heavily here as well as there's a LOT of great stuff to play with :D

• 2 weeks later...

The first pictures of Angron and the Terminators (especially the one holding the axe!) caught my attention and gave me all sorts of cravings to start my own World Eaters army for the PH! Already I can feel my own Butcher's Nail buzzing in my brain and simply want to paint the minis so they can show my blood lust and savagery! Must resist...the power....of war!

Man I'm glad to see you working on a new project. They're always a great read. 

Thanks man, they're great fun to do as well :)

The first pictures of Angron and the Terminators (especially the one holding the axe!) caught my attention and gave me all sorts of cravings to start my own World Eaters army for the PH! Already I can feel my own Butcher's Nail buzzing in my brain and simply want to paint the minis so they can show my blood lust and savagery! Must resist...the power....of war!

Haha ignoring the nails only makes it worse mate ;) And who doesn't love to paint blood splattered marines ;D

• 1 month later...

A small update:

This guy is ready to get some paint!

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Angron%20pre%20and%20post%20heresy/The%2012th%20legion/Dreadnearcomplete_zps9665954a.jpg

Now the only question is; Which legion should the dead marine on the base be from? :D

, and making it chunkier or double headed....

It just sounds like it would be more appropriately brutish.

Agreed, even if it does sound kind of dirty...

I hate to point this out and you have probably already thought of this but Angron has a Runesword, not an Axe. Granted the Axe is still amazing and a uber sword of that size may be difficult to make....

Your Worldeater Terminators make mine look terrible!

Im stealing that Terminator Axe idea! sorry in advance! pirate.gif

Edit: Dead marine: Deathguard!

I hate to point this out and you have probably already thought of this but Angron has a Runesword, not an Axe. Granted the Axe is still amazing and a uber sword of that size may be difficult to make....

Angron only gets his Daemonsword after he ascends to become a Daemon Prince if I recall correctly.

Yep. It started to be built right before his ascension but IIRC, it was finished just after. Not sure, have to check Betrayer?

However, there is nothing stopping Angron from say, taking a Bloodthirster's axe and using it instead of his sword because he misses Gorefather.

, and making it chunkier or double headed....

It just sounds like it would be more appropriately brutish.

Agreed, even if it does sound kind of dirty...

Yeah it does have a certain jennifer connelly in Requiem for a Dream ring to it, and let me remind you that he is not Slaneshii ;) But the axe will get chunkier when I add a trim to the axe head, and as it is now it's actually pretty big (the axe) so I don't want to make it double headed :)

I need to build a sword stand in asap, as people tend to overlook what I've written earlier on :P But to recap, he'll have his daemon sword of course, but I haven't built it yet, and I couldn't bear it in my heart not to use the axe, so I plan to say that he got gorefather spliced up with a daemon so he could keep him :P And why waste a hand when you can have an axe in it ;)

DG is not a bad idea, but I already did that on Angron's base, so I am leaning towards an SoH marine splatered in blood so far.

Dude how do your chains defy gravity?

Magic ;)

Superglue I'd assume

Okay you caught me, it's superglue :P

Angron only gets his Daemonsword after he ascends to become a Daemon Prince if I recall correctly.

Yep. It started to be built right before his ascension but IIRC, it was finished just after. Not sure, have to check Betrayer?

However, there is nothing stopping Angron from say, taking a Bloodthirster's axe and using it instead of his sword because he misses Gorefather.

I so need to read betrayer... :P

I fancied doing a WE heresy era force, but now I seems if I do I can be the the most average Nightlord and World eater all at the same time. But on the other hand Your chaps are so inspirational...   

The Damned Artificer: Yes, you do. ;) Oh, great work by the way.

I fancied doing a WE heresy era force, but now I seems if I do I can be the the most average Nightlord and World eater all at the same time. But on the other hand Your chaps are so inspirational...

Do both? At one point in time, both were brother Legions in the service of Khorne and since both are into genocides, I'm sure they can get along.

Do both? At one point in time, both were brother Legions in the service of Khorne and since both are into genocides, I'm sure they can get along.

Yep my first Night Lords way way back in the mists of time were Khorne worshiping types... But I was sort of meaning that my 40K Night Lords are Darkven and Dan the Demon's poor relations and now I fear if I go 30K World eaters they will be T.D.A.'s poor relations. Mind you I could just hang on till the next forge World HH book comes out as I have a feeling it might have Night Lords in, what with the way the Destroyer squad and the recon squad are in N.L. colours... But those nails do itch...

Relations? Do you perhaps mean "imitations"?

Either way, I think I see what you're saying and ultimately, its something you're going to see about every major Legion/Renegade Chapter will always have that one painter that overshadows everyone else. Instead of thinking of them as an unreachable height, think of them as a goal to aspire to and perhaps even surpass one day. But that's just my take on it. :D

One day you'll find "that army".

Dude, If that isn't a Daemon-Primarch Angron, I don't know what is! The wing i think kinda give it away. lol

Archived