The itch of the butchers nails. The XIIth legion is loose...

Okay just to clear the air; Angron WILL be getting a sword as per his fluff, I just haven't come around to making it yet ;) So fear not, the axe is just a little extra bonus :P

I fancied doing a WE heresy era force, but now I seems if I do I can be the the most average Nightlord and World eater all at the same time. But on the other hand Your chaps are so inspirational...   

I think you should definitely do WE as well, it's not important if your models are the prettiest of their kind in the world as there will always be someone out there more talented than you, this goes for all of us, trust me none of us will ever be the best, and that's not the point either :)  even though it's nice to aspire to become better you have to do it for your own enjoyment first and foremost :D

And I'll be glad to offer advice on your models if you'd like, just post me or PM me a link to the plog of your models ;) 

Do you apply it to the joins or layer it on the underside?

I try to keep it to the joints of the links, but it's a bit hard and I usually end up filling some of the holes :P But it'll not me that noticeable once it's painted :D

Thanks man, that's a nice compliment to get :)

A little WIP of the contemptor, he's gonna be a dirty little traitor :P My reasoning for this is because I really don't think maintenance has first priority as much as chaining him down when he's not unleashed on some unlucky foe/former ally :D

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Angron%20pre%20and%20post%20heresy/The%2012th%20legion/WEcontemptorWIP_zps6855141c.jpg

Still some way to go yet, and then it's time to give the hand-brush a go :D

looking good so far! im expecting more depth to the white.

only critique atm is the brass chains.. i think they would look better a very very dark steel colour.

Awesome dreadnought there TDA! It looks awesome and already seems prepared to rip the loyalists apart, though I have one question: How do you paint your white colour scheme since I need it for a project I'm working on and is the only thing keeping me awake at night.

Thanks in advance laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, the white looks more flat on pics than it does irl, better pics will be taken when I have the time.

The blue is VMA 71.004 blue airbrushed over a grey primer that was pre-shaded with black. I mucked it up a bit so I had to re-highlight by adding some VMC sky blue to the blue and giving it some lighter higlights. 

Here's the finished contemptor:

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Angron%20pre%20and%20post%20heresy/The%2012th%20legion/WEcontemptor_zpse432f253.jpg

Seriously epic World Eaters! Really like how you've spiced up the Contemptor. I'm also really liking the fact you haven't went overboard on the blood and gore, which is often overdone. The effect you've used is a lot more dark and realistic. I like the bits of blood around the legs, it gives the impression this guys victims have been pawing at him with futility/mercy before being finally stamped into the earth. I may be over thinking it though! 

What's next for Angrons Butchers?

Thanks guys :D The blood is no less than the magical product known as Tamiya X-27 clear red, and clear red with a dot of black wash in to give it a darker look.

What's up next? Well I haven't decided yet, it'll either be more WE stuff, some SoH justaerin or something for my IF :) 

Archived