1 Land Raider Phobos (Heavy Support) @ 250 Pts
Searchlight

2 Predator Tanks (Heavy Support) @ 200 Pts
Both:
Predator Cannon;
Heavy Bolters (x2)

Models Total: 55

Total Army Cost: 2500

Hi there everyone. Starting an army, for now I have 10 marines and LR Proteus assembled.

Praetor and 20 man tactical squad goes in Spartan, 10 terminators go
to other Spartan, 2 predators, support squad with apothecary for homescorring and
firebase, 10 man squad in Phobos supports offence. Any suggestions
before I order 2 Spartans? :-)

How bout replacing the termies spartan for an assault squad to utilize merciless fighters? In all honesty the termies can walk and talk seeing as how their save makes them tanks anyway. And then you can actually use their MMs as they won't be stuck in a tank.

Also the justarian will take up a large footprint so no need to worry about disembarking from the spartan and having room and can scarily take up most of the board.

Take off the frag assault launchers as the tacs already have frags and you can iirc buy a cheaper one use one for the justarein

If you want to keep the spartan then just put the tacs in it and swap their bolters for ccws and get rid of the rhino as it blows up easy for points and is kinda useless unless you strap another heavy weapon on it. Use the points for more Boyz

Don't you want to use the proteus with the web to scout or outflank instead of camping? I would in all honesty remove the web so you have more points because the web doesn't do much for you if you don't have reserves. You can use the points for more calivers ;)

Although two Spartans are kinda scary and overkill....but there's no kill like overkill

So after sleepless night (not only Warhammer, but also my work) I've rewrote my list. There will be standart terminators, but I will colour them black, as Justaerin.

1 Praetor (HQ) Paragon Blade; Bolt Pistol; Paragon Blade is master-crafted; Digital Lasers; Iron Halo; Warlord @ 180 Pts

10 Terminator Squad (Elite) Pair of Lightning Claws (x1), Grenade Harness; Power Fist (x9); Combi-bolters; Reaper Autocannon (x2) @ 425 Pts

Dedicated Spartan Assault Tank (Heavy Support) Twin Heavy Bolter; Laser Destroyers (x2); Flare Shield @ 320 Pts

20 Tactical Squad (Troops) Additional Chainswords; Boltguns; Legion Vexilla; Nuncio-vox; Sergeant Power Fist, Artificer Armour @ 335 Pts

10 Tactical Squad (Troops) Additional Chainswords; Boltguns; Legion Vexilla; Nuncio-vox; Sergeant Power Fist, Artificer Armour @ 215 Pts

8 Tactical Support Squad (Troops) Volkite Calivers; Sergeant Power Axe, Augury Scanner, Artificer Armour @ 205 Pts

1 Spartan Assault Tank (Heavy Support) Twin Heavy Bolter; Laser Destroyers (x2); Flare Shield; Frag Assault Launchers @ 330 Pts

1 Land Raider Phobos (Heavy Support) @ 250 Pts

1 Land Raider Proteus (Heavy Support) Exlorator Augury Web @ 250 Pts

Models Total: 52

Total Army Cost: 2500

Depthcharge12 is right, Frag assault lauchers is waste as I can have grenade harness and frag grenades on tac squads.

New list also adds 4th LR, Phobos for small tac squad.

Additional CCW on tac squads are because of Despoiler Squads massivly deployed by SoH.

Depthcharge12, Jim AMM realgenius, thanks for your input, yeap, two Spartan monsters are really awesome.

I'd suggest you to give armoured ceramite to your Spartan(s). Armoured Ceramite+Flare Shield will make a Spartan very hard to destroy. You don't want a lucky melta shot to destroy your badass vehicle ;)

Personally I think all of those twin linked Las Cannons shots should be able to count flyers, unless you fight against a flyer spam, I suppose ;)

I like the two Spartans build. It's something I was thinking about myself.

I have always doubts on how to equip TDA for SoH. For every other Legion the choice is easy: power fists are very cost effective. But with in SoH army they will negate merciless fighters...

Merciless Fighters says that models that have previously attacked get a bonus attack at Initiative 1.  Because PF (or anything else with Unwieldy for that matter) hasn't already attacked, they don't get the bonus attack.

It is explained in the Heresy FAQ from Forgeworld's website.

Most definitely use LCs, here's why:

-that additional attack is made at the same profile as the weapon used, so a LC would be able to rerollthe wound caused

-having said that if you're on a budget or facing other termies use the power maul....easier to wound and is better than a sword because they both wouldn't negate the termie save anyway

Great, thanks for advice about facing termies.

So decided to leave a PF per Reaper Autocannon, it will be reserve versus MC or vehicles, other PF's will be changed for LC's.

Thanks everyone, now I see concept of an army and understand which unit will fulfill which role.

Will update first post to keep to date.

Archived