++ From the Abyss - A Word Bearers Log ++

What a fantastic idea, the additional bulk and height make him incredibly imposing. I think he looks fine without a loincloth, however adding one would also look good, allowing some trophies or perhaps personal heraldry to be added.

I actually like it just the way it is!

If you do want a loin cloth, I would definitely use the chain mail one from the Daemon Prince kit.

Yeah, I thought about it and I think I'm going to have to agree with you. I'm going to go without a tabard for this lad. Maybe the next one.

What a fantastic idea, the additional bulk and height make him incredibly imposing. I think he looks fine without a loincloth, however adding one would also look good, allowing some trophies or perhaps personal heraldry to be added.

Glad you like him! Yeah, I really think the added height and bulk just makes it so much better.

Ooooo... I really like that Dreadnought, just the scale it should be IMO. I may lift this idea from you (if I can find the bits).

I mean, I lifted the idea from Morskul, so I certainly won't be upset :tongue.: Glad you like it though!

Wow man that hellbrute is spectacular

Well hey Kurama. Long time no see! Glad you like him!

Sweet helbrute, I can't say I wasnt tempted to try Morskul's idea too:)

And again, great to see updates in this thread! Can't wait to see what you can do with the new kits.

I love the new kits so much. I'll unfortunately have to start relatively small for a while, but I'll be building up towards my army one unit at a time. Right now all I have is a 1 Chaos Space Marine squad, 1 Hellforged Contemptor, 1 Cultist Squad, and a Rhino. I also have one Chosen model I built up from spare parts, but for now I think I might use him as an Exalted Champion if I decide to get any small point games in.

Oh heck yeah! I still have an unbuilt DV Helbrute. All I need are some fiend bits and I'll be in business to copy borrow your idea!

Well, it's not my idea to begin with. :tongue.:

So, Greenstuff has dried and the details have been added in. I think he's all done now. Let me know what you guys think!

ar6y01M.jpg

LLUYK1b.jpg

WHpuRp8.jpg

iSDROIK.jpg

KfEgHOr.jpg

Enjoy. :smile.:

Oh... as an added bonus... Here's one of my WIP cultists.

JDGPlFy.jpg
Edited by Noctus Cornix

Glad to see you’re back at it, man. The Hellbrute is looking lethal.

Glad to see you're still kicking man. :) Happy you like the Helbrute.

100% you have to do another one like this mate it seriously just naturally has a chaotic but seemless look to it!

And yeah been a while but I’m back

Yeah. My hope is to eventually do probably two more of these; one with another standard loadout of one gun and one arm, while I think the second one will be kitted out exclusively for close-combat.

Welp, I’ll feel a bit less guilty when copying the helbrute. I just hope if I do one it can look that good! Excited to see some paint on that bad boy.

The wip cultist looks great. You can’t just have one cultist so looking forward to seeing his friends show up.

That cultist is beyond cool, so much character. Care to do a rundown of the parts? I'm guessing there's GSC and necromunda parts involved, though I'm not familiar with those ranges.

I hope the parts goes together reasonably well, nothing to slow your hobby mojo down like having to to identical GS jobs on a bunch of mooks:)

That cultist is beyond cool, so much character. Care to do a rundown of the parts? I'm guessing there's GSC and necromunda parts involved, though I'm not familiar with those ranges.

I hope the parts goes together reasonably well, nothing to slow your hobby mojo down like having to to identical GS jobs on a bunch of mooks:)

Looks like it's Genestealer Cult Neophyte Hybrids for the Autogun and a Necromunda House Cawdor ganger body and head.

Correct. The cultist is largely based off of the Cawdor Cultist models with Genestealer Neophyte arms for the weapons. I wanted something that felt more uniform than just the sub-part cultist models GW produced and I'm really in love with Cawdor's aesthetic. I think it falls in line perfectly with the very fanatical worship that the Word Bearers are know for and I think it fits perfectly for a motley crew of zealots who will gladly throw away their lives to the Dark Gods. I'll also be using some heads left over from the old Renegade and Heretics bodies that I never got around to using. I think, with the hoods with the Cawdor bodies just really hits it home. But, since you guys all seem really interested in them, here's a couple WIP cultists that I've got sitting on the workbench. Hope you all like em!

8UTRM6g.jpg

UQLlgoF.jpg

ulyON5c.jpg

zeCUUme.jpg

qn8SJ4P.jpg

Aaaaand last but not least, another fun little teaser to show off one of my Chaos Marines. Enjoy.

Ros8BsG.jpg

The marine with the banner is fantastic, a very evocative pose and the torso with the armour plating looks cracking.

Cultists are looking good as well, the Cawdor kit works very well; the champion raising his (ceremonial?) sickle blade aloft is my favourite so far.

I love your hellbrute!

I'm happy to have inspired you, but you're giving me too much credit for that. I'm certainly not the first one to have screwed Maulerfiend legs under a Helbrute and we both probably won't be the last to do so.

Your cultist are also very cool. I realy like the idea of combining those Cawdor gangers with the Forgewold renegades, consider this idea stolen.

Edited by Morskul

I love your hellbrute!

I'm happy to have inspired you, but you're giving me too much credit for that. I'm certainly not the first one to have screwed Maulerfiend legs under a Helbrute and we both probably won't be the last to do so.

Your cultist are also very cool. I realy like the idea of combining those Cawdor gangers with the Forgewold renegades, consider this idea stolen.

Glad you love it, man. Please, feel free to take the cultist idea. I certainly don't mind :)

Loving the Cultists man! Great work!

Thanks, bro!

So, as I had said before, I am essentially starting completely from scratch with my army. Meaning everything will be getting revamped. Down to the basic Rhinos, everything will be worked into the modern aesthetic.

Normally I don't give vehicles that much thought, but with this new-found passion, I have even intent of completely going all out on them, even working on the inside. The vehicle is entirely built, but I've left it unpainted for now until I can begin work on that inside. 

LZiiyES.jpg

fc8Xw4p.jpg

fmiUuEh.jpg

L4x5AjY.jpg

KBd5TTe.jpg

And, lastly, I wanted to show off one of my new chosen made with some spare parts from the new kit and a variety of other bits. I'm really happy with how he came out and I'm quite fond of the look for his Thunder Hammer. Let me know what you think, lads!

Bsa1K95.jpg

Vehicles are looking great (and photo'd with appropriate reading material! I like the added details but I really like the hanging skulls and talismans inside the rhino.

The champion looks great! I like the pose and weapon choices.

The brass etch and trophies go a long way to add character to the Rhino, nice use of the new shoulder pads to update the gunner too.

Really liking the champion, that's a cracking pose and the hammer looks spot on.

Thanks, guys! Though I have to be honest that I don't think I'll be using him as the Champion. This one's just a normal Chosen. :yes:

Oh and yeah, I've been rereading the Word Bearers trilogy lately, so this has been sitting with me for the past week.

Now I know I already posted today, but I had a small fit of inspiration. It's a bit rough and she'll require some GS work, but here's a WIP of another cultist. The Dark Gods welcome all within their embrace and the Word Bearers value fanatics willing to sell their lives for the cause, regardless of where they come from (using some old bits from a House Escher sprue). Another thing I wanted to show off was a little bit of subtle storytelling. Like in the first novel Dark Apostle, the Word Bearers are shown to use Cultist insurgents to bring worlds into discord so they might weaken enemy defenses and the Word or the Mace might be brought to the faithless. Naturally, Chaos aren't the only ones who deal in Cults and it's as necessary for the fanatics of the Dark Gods to fight their secret wars with others of.... rival 'faiths' as they do with the worshipers of the Corpse God. 

This Pilgrim here is to represent that she was one such fanatic of the True Faith and took part in a holy crusade against heretics that claim to speak with the Cosmos. She carries a trophy of one of her kills, as well as a broken icon stolen from a slain worshipper. Even though they are mere mortals, the cultists share a same sense of pride as their masters, and so carry with them the victories of the past. 

ja6QQAQ.jpg

N1y2Jjg.jpg

Hope you like her. :smile.:

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Great chosen! How did you get the possessed legs to fit? Or is it just the right leg? Or maybe the front pieces with the tabards can be made to fit all sorts of legs? Oh, the possibilities:)

Cool thunderhammer too, I think I've built one using the same bits!