Lathe Biosas Posted September 23 Share Posted September 23 My Custodes are finally coming together. The Yncarne, Viridia, Evil Eye and 2 others 5 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188693 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Evil Eye Posted September 23 Share Posted September 23 TITHI started painting this RT Howling Banshee I had on my desk. Giving her a sort of pearl/prismatic effect on her armour, starting with Dreadful Visage over the white primer and glazing with blue, yellow and white for the highlights. Viridia, The Yncarne and deathspectersgt7 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188704 Share on other sites More sharing options...
deathspectersgt7 Posted September 23 Share Posted September 23 received my Helion Legion and Campaign decals. Still have about 80 Marines to paint Viridia, Focslain and Lathe Biosas 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188754 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grand Master Laertes Posted September 23 Share Posted September 23 After eight years I have finally finished painting all the models from the Blackstone Fortress base game! sbarnby71, The Yncarne, Viridia and 1 other 2 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188761 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 My test model for what would be an Army of the Dead Custodes (lead by a very human Inquisitor). I'm not loving it like I thought I would. Focslain 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188949 Share on other sites More sharing options...
MoriyaSchism Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 Have you tried Aethermatic Blue over light grey or white? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188976 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 No, I haven't. Would that look good? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188982 Share on other sites More sharing options...
MoriyaSchism Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 It should be lighter and a lot more ethereal looking. I think a lighter colour looks better for ghosts, but it's up to you in the end. Lathe Biosas 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188987 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 I think so too. This guy looks like a brick of jade. Not at all like the spectral forces I was aiming for. I primed my Custodes in grey seer. Is that a problem? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188989 Share on other sites More sharing options...
MoriyaSchism Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 11 minutes ago, Lathe Biosas said: I think so too. This guy looks like a brick of jade. Not at all like the spectral forces I was aiming for. I primed my Custodes in grey seer. Is that a problem? Grey seer is perfect. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188991 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 Okay. I'll go pick up some Aethermatic Blue from the store, what else do I need? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6188992 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Yncarne Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 (edited) You could try Army Painter Sea Foam. It’s what I used for these. Then I did a quick drybrush. Edited September 25 by The Yncarne Spelling Lathe Biosas 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6189018 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Evil Eye Posted Sunday at 05:57 PM Share Posted Sunday at 05:57 PM TITHI am contemplating martyrdom due to being forced to wait in tomorrow for a can of WD-40 to arrive so I can fix my 3D printer (two screws I need to remove to replace a part will not budge) and also managing to get horrendous orange peel with Chaos Black spray, which has up to this point been foolproof. Today is just not going very well. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6189318 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Evil Eye Posted Monday at 01:08 AM Share Posted Monday at 01:08 AM False alarm; primer mostly self-levelled and what little peel remained was easily solved with 1000-grit sanding sponges. Yay! Also, managed to get this shoota boy from black primer to almost finished in the span of an evening. Needs a few more details doing and some minor cleanup but he's nearly ready for basing and varnish! Focslain, Brother Casman, Lathe Biosas and 2 others 5 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/274679-today-in-the-hobby-i/page/463/#findComment-6189364 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now