Jump to content

Recommended Posts

TITHI am contemplating martyrdom due to being forced to wait in tomorrow for a can of WD-40 to arrive so I can fix my 3D printer (two screws I need to remove to replace a part will not budge) and also managing to get horrendous orange peel with Chaos Black spray, which has up to this point been foolproof.


Today is just not going very well.

False alarm; primer mostly self-levelled and what little peel remained was easily solved with 1000-grit sanding sponges. Yay!

 

Also, managed to get this shoota boy from black primer to almost finished in the span of an evening. Needs a few more details doing and some minor cleanup but he's nearly ready for basing and varnish!

ShootaBoy1.thumb.png.137615394f5d92d0f51bf6df6333bb44.png

9 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

TITH I have been extremely busy of late with real life and an unexpected stint in hospital but I am considering 20mm 40k as a side project while recovering.

I think I said elsewhere but classic old scale Astartes work surprisingly well for 25mm according to a friend of mine. Regardless that sounds a very cool idea!

Big shout out to my lovely wife who got me an architectural/designer's lamp, that does not produce any shadows, for my birthday, and I've been painting like crazy!

 

My original lights feel like little Christmas lights, compared to that:

 

With the light turned off:

large.20261002_131348.jpg.40f17d0026fd07

 

With the light turned on:

large.20261002_131401.jpg.3ce05834c39dce

Today I was helping my family clean up a room when I found this:1000075051.thumb.jpg.81e81edb84ab0a78694623667a239b8b.jpg

 

Sorry for the blurry photo, Im not sure if it is supposed to be a Christmas gift, or they forgot to give it to me for my birthday. 

TITHI tested out a new resin, Sunlu ABS-like. Holy =][=BLEEP=][= it's great! Need to dial in settings a little but it's both amazingly forgiving to print with AND feels properly strong. And it was only £35 for a 3KG bottle!

 

I printed out a pair of Scrungaloids with it, and also this kitbash I made from some true-scale legs and a biker torso scan. Shoulder pad is my old resin (Siraya Navy Grey) as I had it in the stash and forgot to print a new one...whoops!

SunluSpaceMarine.thumb.jpg.eba6e4bb812cd1241082d2a73dd00924.jpg

TITH I added to my pile of potential of Guard with a few bits I've wanted to fill out :

2x Chimeras

and some Bulgryns

 

Hobby Craft have an early offer for members of £10 off if you spend £40 or more.... 

So I spent 3 lots of £40 ish as separate transactions (free delivery!) to get each one at nearly 25% off and collected points for another £5+ in vouchers I can spend at other times...

 

I think there is a day or so left of the deal in case anyone else wants to take advantage of it. 

I now need to start building some of the guard stuff I have!

Today has been a rush after post office visit and getting my long waited orders, BUT i managed to throw together new base for Wargames atlantic callidus assassin. Also finally got Tau Hammerhead commander proper and from germany arrived old company champion. Helmet taken from armageddon captain and debating if i will carve out left shoulder pad for something else. 

IMG_20260910_200531.jpg

IMG_20260906_010357.jpg

IMG_20261006_000844.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.