Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH, I went 0-2 in our Combat Patrol day, but still had an excellent time. Misunderstood one of the scenario's conditions and ended up, for all intents and purposes, bringing a CCW to a Bolter fight.

On the plus side, caught up with some folks I haven't seen since the last time I went to the local GW, and took advantage of the huge discount on 'All Quiet on the Martian Front' to pick up 6 tripods that will become my counts-as Skitarii walkers.

Today in the hobby I discovered that I've somehow misplaced a Techpriest Dominus sprue, a set of Skitarii and Sicarian sprues each, and a single Cataphractii Terminator. Found all of them. I am not having a good day. It has gotten considerably better.

EDIT: But I can't find my copy of Talon of Horus (it was in a side pocket of my travel bag), one of the two parts of Milliput, and the drill bits I use for bolters. I think I left the drill bits at the GWHC, but I've got no idea where the Milliput stick is.  Argh. :furious:

Edited by The Psycho

TITH my Khorne Berzerkers came into the shop so I picked them up after class (Yes Saturday 8 am - 2pm gotta love technical programs).  However I think my little foray into using their bits for a Khorne themed force are gonna be put on hold.

My friends have decided to start up kill team so I spent this afternoon helping them out with Ork, Cron, and CSM lists respectively.  I have decided that I will be converting a small unit of Sisters for this joint venture.

I will be converting a small unit of Sisters for this joint venture.

I've been told that Sisters do well at Kill Team level :)

TITH I finished painting my Captain model and then sprayed my Scouts. I also sprayed my Heresy army blue, and would have loved to get them started off, but turns out I don't have any Macragge Blue paint. At all. And I'm painting Ultramarines. Poop!

Today in The Hobby i decided to learn Epic, so i started printing out units.

I almost dropped a wad of cash on ebay for models but had the foresight (for a change) to try printing some proxies first....

...case i don't like it and due to apparent shortage of other players in my area.

the STL files are substantially more detailed than the models turned out but low-res printer so wasn't expecting wonders.

from a metre + away and with a splash of paint they should work fine.

have already blacked the base and will probably do them up as impfists... because i always have lots of yellow left over.

Edited by paulJam

Yesterday I realized that I could build a 2000 point 30k list with just the stuff I have unbuilt. Not necessarily the most effective one, but one that includes lots of things that I like (like Cataphractii, Destroyers and Night Raptors!)

Edited by The Psycho

Today in the hobby my Knight got to throw some Tyranids across the table. Twas quite fun.

Note: Taking the time to paint the melee weapons turned out to be worth it.

Edited by Lysere

TITH - Parts ordering for my Ultramarine Praetor, which was surprisingly hard as there seem to be a lack of basic command models in the Heresy range, they're all either named characters or Legion Command. Still, got what I need, just hope I can make it work!

Edited by kobrakei

YITH - I painted my first Ultramarine ever for my Heresy blog. After painting so many Shrikes it almost felt like cheating due to how quickly I finished him - the joys of painting your Marines one colour! Will be spending tonight painting all parchments on my Shrike Vanguard Squad and washing some more Ultra's ready for highlighting.

Today in the hobby I assembled my last Immolator at a friends house, only upon returning home to drop the turret into the bushes while checking my mail.

I spent an hour with a flashlight sifting through dead leaves and still havent found more than one of the multimeltas.

Perhaps in the morning I'll have better luck :(

EDIT: Found it this morning :)

Edited by Warsmith Aznable

Today in the hobby, I dug out all of my armies and put them up on various shelves and surfaces so I could take stock of what I have. Turns out I have six armies, so I decided to work by dice chart. Roll two dice for two armies, pick two units from said armies, build/paint them, repeat. Looking forward to getting started!