Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Tested my Iron Warriors list and killed Mortrarion thanks to an unoccupied Fortress of Redemption. That lascannon is nasty!

Also apparently my Forge World order showed up, so I can actually finish my Iron Warriors and not use random other models as the characters.

Dragonlover

Uggg talk about Maelstrom!   Tonight in the hobby - Bunkering down with my copy of Black Legion.  

Hurricane Irma is set to hit us tomorrow as a Category 5 plus.

See you lot on the other side.

Hurricane might just take care of that pile of unpainted plastic for me. :unsure.:

Hope you are well supplied and Stay safe.:thumbsup:

Thanks man

Maelstrom was pretty close.  Got to see up close and personal what 270mph winds can do. 

Well we are going on 1 Month - No Power - No Internet - No Cell phone towers.  Got hit with TWO cat 5 hurricanes in TWO weeks.

Sick of eating MREs and canned chili with pasta.  Cant complain as our house survived with minor damage and most of the island is gone.

Oh yeah and last month in the hobby I read Black Legion by candlelight.   very romantic!  

Not sure how often I'll be back online here. Have a temp office that just got internet access, generators shut off here at 3pm.

Yesterday in the hobby I tried getting back into things with a bit of kitbashing.

Today in the hobby that turned into something of a more involved conversion.

Soon in the hobby, I'll be ordering up some putties, 1mm ball bearings, and other shizz to work on this little project.

I assembled 20 Poxwalkers. I do not look forward to painting them (I have a total of 40 of them).

That's a lot of the reason I sold the DG half of Dark Imperium. I really wanted to have a chaos army but I did not want to paint the models.

@Space Truckin, very glad to hear you made it in one piece. Been wondering how you were doing. Oh, and I've been wondering if that pile of plastic crack made it, too.

Thank you!!!!!

My pile of plastic survived!    My wife was concerned about our roof going until I told her I was so confident our roof would stay I put my copy of Space Hulk in the attic.  And it was on the side facing the valley were we expected the most winds.

My home office got trashed but strangely enough my work bench with my scouts were all still there despite shelves and desk getting moved around.  I even found my lil- genestealer that was perched on my monitor stand with blu-tac!  

Thinking about writing off all my paints though because of salt water intrusion. :unsure.:

<snip> 

Thinking about writing off all my paints though because of salt water intrusion. :unsure:

Alternately, you could save them to paint rumors with. :D

Yeah, when the eyewall of Hurricane Ivan tore up my home in Pensacola, FL it scrambled by painting area pretty badly. I lost all the primed plastic minis I hadn't boxed up. On the bright side, I found a lot of my bits bobbing around the blocked storm drain down the road.

And... TITH I painted about six hours on my Contemptor Dreadnought. Trying a different yellow recipe and it's not going as well as I'd hoped.

Early morning tith  base coated 20 Marines of Various Chapters . Surprised a home invader by being home.

So um... that last part... seriously? Did they run off?

Yes Damned Racoons came in through the doggie door:dry.:  but chased them out:laugh.:  what a morning :tongue.:

Hope they didnt scare you too bad & you and your family are doing okay!

YiTH worked on my model for BrandsWolves. A group of us in the SW subforum are putting a pack together for young Brand. A kid fighting cancer.

Topic is here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339221-a-brother-needs-us-brandswolves/?p=4882124

Story is here: https://www.facebook.com/Warhammer40kQuotes/?ref=bookmarks# (may have to go a fair ways down)

If you wanna join in, the more the merrier

Model I am working on here, still very much a WIP:

37475467602_314ea2d4a5_c.jpggold 4 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

36837479783_e611c62b14_c.jpggold 5 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

36837479933_eb5f364e4f_c.jpggold 2 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

37458694366_2126bd905e_c.jpggold 3 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

37475467702_42f0f69822_c.jpggold 1 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

37475467862_a66b6ae83d_c.jpggold 6 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

Today in the hobby, I admitted defeat.

I was in the market for a second army. I wanted to start up a 'hard core' (for me) painting project, go full on, all out, balls-to-the-wall with whatever I could come up with. Paint new ways. Build new things. Make stuff light up.

Selected Necrons due to some convenient trades with a fellow at my FLGS for on-sprue models. Was a great way to get rid of some of my extras and start up the project while being soft on my wallet. Win win!

After several complications in actually acquiring those models, a hurricane, delays due to silliness, and frustrations with the two boxes I purchased on my own (I melted one!) - I'm pretty fed up.

The selection of Necrons was largely due to convenience, and I'm just done. Don't want 'em anymore. Back in the market for another army to restart my painting project with.

TITH i went into my local GW ti see if the manager had a bitz box for some parts i want fir a project im working. I wanted the leg section of a dreadnought.

He didnt have any. No skin off my nose.

He then gave me one of his personal dreadnoughts for the project.

So I dropped $140 in store on the Celestine box in appreciation.

Yesterday in the hobby I undercoated, basecoated, and started layering some stones from my garden for the base of my Contemptor dreadnought - the last model from Betrayal at Calth to go in my Iron Hands Taskforce project. They have to match with Agrellan Earth base paint, so I'm using Tallarn Sand as the main layer colour and will drybrush up with Ushabti Bone or something after an Agrax Earthshade wash.

I also undercoated a Thousand Sons sorcerer from the old finecast upgrade kit and started blocking in the gold parts with Balthasar Gold. I'll be using him as a test model for my next project, which will be Thousand Sons in the classic lapis lazuli and aged gold scheme (rather than the new "official" turquoise and pale gold scheme).

TITH I rejoice, for the forum is back up!

This weekend I half painted a Helbrute for my Call of Chaos vow, started on an Iron Warriors sorcerer and played two games, both of which I lost. The first was against a Primaris gunline so wasn't that much fun, but the second? The second devolved into a Predator taking potshots at things while two Rhinos harrased a Dunecrawler so it couldn't shoot the Predator. So damn funny, and in the end I lost by a point.

Dragonlover