Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI received my order of some air-range paints (Yellow and scarlet), some Ushabti Bone, plus a Mephiston Red along with the GW Finecast Sorceror plus two of their basing kits. Now I just need to read the instructions for my airbrush to figure out how to make it work and then I can at least get my Deredeo undercoated in time for my second ETL vow, since the first is going quite well at the moment and should be finished in the next couple of days. As for the sorceror, time to hack it up and see what tricks I've got to make a Sorceror Lord, just need to source a Disc of Tzeentch for him as well.

TITH I finally got started on painting the old metal Khârn

funny story, Khârn was the first HQ I ever used (had to ask permission..) in my first game of 40k

Khârn has been in about 90% of my lists since, although I have been using my own counts-as (aka Khyrk the Berzyrk)

I got the metal model at a tourney 3 or so years ago, at a big discount because the packaging was in bad shape, and it has set untouched 

Then ETL........................

TITH I bought a DW Kill Team to use as conversion bits for my Sternguard and LotD squad that I *mmmiiiggghhhttt* vow into the ETL.  I also put the first color on my first vow and was surprised how fast that went.  If I can get the wash done tonight then I'll be further along than I thought I would be.

I also took 5th/6th Codecies and had them chopped open.  Between work emails I recycled the pages that are "worthless" and kept two other stacks: fluff to compile into a single folder and fluff to scan into PDF for fluff's sake!

I loath to chop up my 2nd edition codecies because not only are they "old", they are tangible relics of my glory-gaming days.  The more I type, the more I think I'll just box them up with my 3rd edition Index Astartes and Blue Planet RPG stuff.

Being a cheap collector can suck ... maybe my wife is right :laugh.:

:dry.:

Edited by Race Bannon

TITH I started to base coat the helmet of my chapters Captain then started to apply the color. Soon after I rubbed off the paint mostly on the front as I wasn't happy with it in places. I really think I need to get some new brushes lol.

TitHI finished painting and assembling a Necrosphinx I've had kicking around for ages. I'm not happy with the weird finish I got on the stone sections. The Deathshroud clear paint I used seemed to leave a gritty residue and I was getting fluff on the model. I think it might be paper towel fibers from my homemade wet pallette. Anyway, that model is done and I'm about to start preparing a Riptide. I think I might give this to my nephew as a gift, but I am undecided about the pose and the colour scheme currently.

YITHI crashed around my room trying in desperation to find my clippers, and promptly failed to find them for about an hour...until I realised they were next to my chair on my desk all along, so yes, I did make myself look a right pillock.

But on the bright side, I found my missing sprues for my Skitarii and my GS Initiates, plus the ten resin MkIV marines I bought many moons ago from FW that kickstarted my dive into the Horus Heresy, and my resin Primus Medicae in Cataphractii! :biggrin.: I just need to figure out how to replace the weird medical tubes that should be on his back, because they went missing when I first started building him.

TITH i have been putting together lists for supplies (painting on hold til I get some new brushes, any recommendations ?)  a bitz list and another for what I'm planning to put together. Breaking them down into companies (1st - 5th) and what I plan on equipping them with. Trying to make it easier for myself and helps me get on track :)

TITHI received my Chameleon paints and have started testing them on some ancient plague marine models. The effect looks interesting but when I get able to set up my airbrush again I'll be able to try them on something more suitable and hopefully the effect will be smoother than using an old paintbrush.