Some DA on the way!

Varred

So. I'm back to the hobby and community and haven't painted in quite some time.

I've decided to start DA from my old smurf models, so for now all my Angels are paintstripped or repainted.

During this project i also want to buld some Chaos forces based on World Eaters and Iron Warriors.

And no there will be no fiends and dragons. sad.png

Here I present you my plasma gunner with my first ever attempt on OSL on him.

I also plan to do the diorama of DA and SW fighting in hteir honour duel. Not the Primarchs themeselves. Just some plain guys. Two fighting, the rest sitting or standing nearby, Wolves drinking and laughing. but this is big project and not to be finished soon.

C&C as always welcome

Varred

I think you may know this but that osl is rather too much, the centre of the glow ie the white bit should be quite small and the distance the glow reaches is better done with less is more in mind. That being said good a first attempt and you know what to do, it's just refining it! A fine start sir. More please. :)

Thanks for replies and feedback.

Yeah i realised that OSL is a little too heavy after i finished the model but i'm quite happy with blending. Now i must practise on the level of glow. However, i will not repaint cannon guy as he is alerady painted twice so it would be his death. biggrin.png

today i finished the bolter/boltgun marine and a termie.

Pics will come shortly.

Cheers biggrin.png

UPDATES!!!

Sorry for the pic quality but it's evening here and no light at all

I can see what you mean. But in reality he is supposed to be running and the pics don't show that feel greatly. Now i thing it's my camera skills i must work on.

I like it. I think poses can add a little bit of humor to an army, even if you're the only one that notices. I have a ML devastator who is looking up up and pointing, with his ML pointing at the ground. Like "hey guys, look at that big monster/Titan/something coming right at us"

some writren update. yesterday i got fresh tac squad glued and primmed abd today done the seregant - lets say 90% xause he needs OSL effect on his plasma. this squad will not be quite legal but i don't care cause i never ment to play them anyway. now i'm thinking of removing all icons and throphy racks from my two chaos rhinos and painting them up us angels.

things to finish:

8 guys from tac squad

librarian to build for Grotsmashas next competition,

painting chaplain from current one

finishing paintjob on dreadnought and hellbrute.

i'll upload some pics later because it's midnight and kinda hard to do the pics.

Cheers Varred

Archived