+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Chaos Legios Strategium+++

I've completed my Winged Daemon Prince, Maulg, and my 3rd and final vow for this year. (My second Vow post and competition post are currently missing. Lost to the Warp, methinks.) I've had a great time participating, just like last year, and once again would like to thank the good Captain Semper for his efforts. The first skull Maulg claims in battle, will be for Captain Semper!
Blood for Captain Semper! Arrrrgh!!!
Over all I'm pleased with how Maulg turned out. I spent more time on him that any of the other chaos models I've done thus far, but he's such cool figure I couldn't help myself.
I struggled with his axe and the etched details on his armor, changing their color a few times trying to find something I liked. In the end, I just kept them pretty simple. When in doubt, don't try anything fancy, I always say.

gallery_65424_8497_244870.jpg

A great result as usual Creeger! I agree with the credo to always go for something simple if in doubt! I'm glad you enjoyed the event and hopefully you'll join again next year! :) Your completion is registered!

We definately lost some posts in here... in the whole forum it looks like, actually. Double check to be sure your completion is here if it was recent, guys. Also, if Steve doesn't step up, I have a chance to be the #1 chaos completionator!! 4 models to go.

Finally finished my vow #2 for 415 points (3 oblits; daemon prince with wings and power armor). Took WAAAAAAYYYY tooooooo long, but work and life happen. Here it is:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/WarlordEXE/etlIIvow2-complete.jpg

I'll get some close ups in the coming days for my daemon prince over at my plog page.

And i'm gona take a risk and sneek in a third vow. I got a couple days off and these really are simple models. And this time I really do know what i'm going to paint them

In the name of the dark gods, I WarlordEXE answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a coterie of 10 csm with 2 plasma guns and a champion equipped with a powerfist and plasma pistol  from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 210 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Word Bearers and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/WarlordEXE/etlIIvow3-1.jpg

@ WarlordEXE - somehow I have missed your vow! :o Regardless the Oblits are posiitvely scary and deeply disturbing - well done!

Your follow-up is registered. Good luck, you only have one week to go!

@ WarlordEXE - somehow I have missed your vow! ohmy.png Regardless the Oblits are posiitvely scary and deeply disturbing - well done!

Your follow-up is registered. Good luck, you only have one week to go!

I had a post back that I mentioned vow 1 was done but didn't have pics so you told me to edit the post as it was linked. I edited in the vow 2....sorry ><

@ Tenebris: Don't worry. All the data is kept by me so no need to re-post anything. If the lost data is recovered, so much the better. If not, we move on. I got you down for 1,000 Slaaneshi points and this cannot be changed! msn-wink.gif

@ WarlordEXE: All's good - you got your second completion and your third vow registered - now go finish it or some deity will get upset! :lol:

Well guys, I failed. I'm sorry I let everyone down, but there's no way I can draw up inspiration to paint the ONE, just ONE, squad that I vowed. Regular Chaos Marines in this book are lackluster, in my opinion. Especially when kitted out. I've played a handful of games with basic CSM, and they were outperformed by grey hunters and blood claws.

I'm willing to accept my Failure, and the resultant Spawndom that goes with it.

Well guys, I failed. I'm sorry I let everyone down, but there's no way I can draw up inspiration to paint the ONE, just ONE, squad that I vowed. Regular Chaos Marines in this book are lackluster, in my opinion. Especially when kitted out. I've played a handful of games with basic CSM, and they were outperformed by grey hunters and blood claws.

I'm willing to accept my Failure, and the resultant Spawndom that goes with it.

Good sir, disregard a comparison of your troops to the wolve's troops. Truck on. The gods know I still have a lot to paint in a week, as with many. Our troops are extremely mediocre at worst.

@ Jiron: Well done sir! A cool 500pts for the Chaos faction because of your efforts. Death to the corpse Emperor! biggrin.png

@ TheWarmaster: We're on the same boat. I can't get to finish the single squad I have vowed... furious.gif But it is not over until it's over. You are lucky enough to have a cautious first vow, a vow that can realistically be done in a week... Remember: It's not over until it's over!

@ TheDevourer: blink.png Those are lovely!!! Excellent color combinations and the green? Fantastic shade! Well done mate! But keep in minf that the end in nigh - Vow again only if you're confident you have the favor of the Dark Gods! tongue.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention: Jiron and TheDevourer, your completions are registered! ;)

I ,TheDevourer, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a total of 10 Plaguebearers from Codex: Chaos Daemons of total value 90 Points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Fallen and Godfather Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame and to rot silently like the corpse emperor until the year-end.

Sadly my spray paint just ran out, so i´d rather not risk putting in the other 10 plague bearers. 

Wish you all the best of luck for the last leg of the competition. May the dark gods be with you. 

I ,Jiron, for the third time pledge myslef to the Blood God and answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Obliterator from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of value 70 Points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to Khorne and Space Rats and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame and to lose favor of the Lord of Skulls.

Your vow is registered Jiron - good luck with the Khornish Oblit mate! :tu:

C'mon guys - Next Wednesday the doord will close forever for ETL II - Let's see the Lost and the Damned showing the meaning of Chaos to the Emperor's lapdogs! :devil:

here is the overall shot
1003870_10151802930504467_384461631_n.jp

32 Terminators plus the characters

1150187_10151802996839467_1074604648_n.j

1149036_10151802996844467_1638440547_n.j
602007_10151802996854467_152671644_n.jpg
this one is especially terrible, believe it or not this is the best of three photos.

602007_10151803003024467_739069721_n.jpg

Two princes and the two dreads
945796_10151803003029467_1924921617_n.jp
Havocs, Oblits, Mutilators
998448_10151803003019467_544886788_n.jpg
SPARTAN
1011576_10151803003119467_582696326_n.jp
raider
1148910_10151803003139467_182523883_n.jp
6 blight drones
1002154_10151803003154467_488778196_n.jp
This picture didn't turn out too bad, still doesn't do him justice though, but here is the defiler
1098430_10151803003249467_1389987047_n.j

and believe it or not i have another vow, I'm on leave this week so It's easily doable. Now i don't have a "before" picture of the blood letters as i started on them today at gw. They have the red and the bone basecoated. Hopefully thats allowed, if it is I'll throw a picture of them up here. but my next vow is as follows
I ,Steve Shields,pledge myself to the Iron Warriors and answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete fateweaver, 1 prince, 20 plague bearers, and ten blood letters from Codex: Chaos Demons of value 913 Points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Iron Warriors and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame till years end.

970684_10151802930919467_1038008544_n.jp

Archived