+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Chaos Legios Strategium+++

@ Steve: You never stop do ya? laugh.png Congratulations for this amazing completion - too many stuff to focus on!!! Also some pics are getting blocked (I'm at work currently). This is the largest vow completed so far - but I want the list too... Not too detailed just the units, the upgrades and the total unit cost. Please edit it in the post above. With this completion the chaos team regains significant momentum AND BECOMES SECOND BEATING THE CODEX BY SOME 360pts! Now this is an impressive turn of events and the big question is: can Chaos follow up and exploit the breach you just made to the Codex lines - or will you run out of stream and the Codex will secure the breach again? Bring in any vow of any size! Now every little helps! It's not over until it's over!!!

As regards you r second vow, if the Bloodletters are on the basecoat phase they're good enough. Give us a pic! msn-wink.gif Both your completion and your new vow are registered! Good luck!

EDIT: Wait a minute: your initial vow was for 6,716pts - if you've done more without vowing for it, it's great but I cannot count the extra points if they are totally new units as there would have been no consequences if you were not to complete them (i.e. no risk was taken for them). If on the other hand the extra points were small ugrades of the already vowed items (that due to the size of the vow added up to some 290pts) then that's fine... Let me know either way. msn-wink.gif

Captain, about to edit in the list on the last post but i wanted to let you know that the extra points are indeed from the upgrades i forgot to account for in the first vow. also here are the letters. I'm really hoping that i can get this darn camera working in the next couple of days so that I can show the details on the demons. They are going to pretty much be drybrushed to all hell so if I can't get this camera to be better, They won't look too much different than they do now.1009484_10151803734334467_656071691_o.jp

Also captain I'm not sure if it is just showing up for me like that, but when i added in the list all the HTML coding is now showing up on my post. can you revert that post back to what it was before or do i have to go in and re do the whole post? I'm not sure how far your mod powers go.

OK so my OCD made me fix it. Here is the list in this post because I don't want to go through that again haha.  I did the math wrong last time and was a little over, it comes to 6989, I checked about four times so this is the number I'm going with.

5 Terms             280
Reaper AC Power Fist
Chain fist, banner of despair
Combi plasma fist
Champion: Lightning claws
VoTLW

5 Terms                226
Heavy Flamer Chainfist
Combi plas Fist
2x combi melta
Champion: Chainfist
VoTLW

5 Terms                262
Combi melta/ fist X3
Reaper AC fist
Champion: fist
VoTLW

4 Terms                175
Combi flame
Fist combi melt
Champion: chain fist
VoTLW

3 Terms                128
Champion: Fist combi melta
Fist
VoTLW

5 Terms                263
MoN
Fist X 3
Reaper AC
Champion: Chain fist
VoTLW

5 Terms                250
MoN                
Champion: Combi flamer
Reaper AC Chain fist

Typhus X 3            690

Zhulfor                180

Abaddon            265

2 Dark Apostle            210

2 Warpsmith w/ combi melta    237

4 Lords                530
    1 with claws
        MoK, SoC
    2 with p sword p pistol
        MoT, SoC
    One with fist
        MoN, SoC

2 Dreads            245
Heavy Flamer X 2
Thunder Hammer

Demon Prince            255
Murder Sword
Wings
MoT
Armor

Demon Prince (mortarion)    265
Armor
Wings
MoN
Black Mace (scythe counts as)

5 Oblits MoN            380

3 Mutilators MoN        183

2 x 5 man havoc Squads        415
    7x ML w/ Flak
    1 x LC

SPARTAN            340
Possession
Destroyer Blades
Havoc Launcher

Land Raider            245
Destroyer Blades

6 Blight Drones            750

1 Defiler            215
    TL Lascannon

@ steve shields: All right then! So the full points are awarded as no new units were involved. Congrats! :tu: Now the letters do seem pretty advanced to me - it's two base colors there already and some shading seems to be there as well. So I'd leave them out. Does this mean the value of your third vow will be altered? If so let me know of your new total. ;)

As for my mod powers, they do not extend outside the PCA forums - here, in the Eye, I'm just a Frater... So no ability to edit posts - Good thing you did it yourself. :P

@ zyl- : Look forward for your completion! The Emperor's lapdogs are launching a counter attack and are again ahead....

@ lokkorex: People comment on the axe (a beuty btw) but I have to say: IWs are all about the hazard stripes and you sir have tackled this with great skill! Look forward for your completion!

@ Jiron: Not even Steve's huge completion can win you this singlehandedly! Every single point is essential to bring you guys on top! Right now the difference between Chaos and the Codex is 128pts!!! So vows even smaller than yours are extrermely important. You want to give Steve credit for his effort? Finish your own vow on time regardless of size to capitalise on the boost he provided and give the Chaos faction it's rightful place! :devil:

@ TJWyrm; Slaanesh is watching! Make sure you do finish! ;)

zyl-: thank you, it means a lot.

TJWyrm: wait a minute, two praises after another? something smells fishy here... laugh.png

Captain Semper: thanks, the hazard stripes are a pain in the *** to do, so it is good that they look good finished. it's a hammer though, not a an axe.

now i'm off to undercoat my termies.

I must agree about the Hazard Stripes (with Captain S and lokkorex as well)! I have made my conversion fo Cadaras Grendel (from Iron Warriors book) and the hazard stripes went terrible. Respect!!!

Captain, I have two more vows in reserve and two more obliterators to paint. If I will have spare evenings, I will maybe add more :-)

One by one then Jiron? Sound tactic. Remember you need to finish one to start on the other though...

Actually I have never been able to speedpaint. Whenever I painted more then one model at once, I forgot to paint something or never finished neither of them. That's why I always and only paint one model at the time. Modelling is not the favourite part of the hobby for me.

I wasn't going to vow any more, but as we are so close I felt the need to weigh in and help, and I've got the day off work tomorrow with no family at home as my wife and children are visiting her parents...

The only problem was what to vow that I could complete in time then inspiration hit when I was picking through my bits box. 

In the name of the Night Haunter, and the VIII Legion, I Punk Possum answer the call of  E TENEBRAE LUX  and vow to complete 1 Chaos sorcerer to the total value of 60pts on or before August 31st. Success will bring eternal glory to the 21st cohort of the Night Lords and failure will doom me to bear the badge of shame until year end.

I know its not a mega amount but every little helps right?

So here's the before:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/002-8.jpg

Your vow is registered! You got until Thursday. good luck! msn-wink.gif

Just to giuve you guys some context, the Codex is a bit north of 20k and you're now 19.2k. Furthermore the DAs are at 36k but they do have a lot of points at stake meaning that they might lose some as subsequnet vows may fail to complete. So are you going to capitalise on Steve's monstrous completion? It can will it by itself - any size vow ans completion will make a difference now! Go for it!

@ Steve Shields oh my! Dude you've got this almost single handed.. That is a mega vow and a half, I'm feeling a bit inadequate with my 1000ish pts spread across 4 vows.thumbsup.gif

@ Lokkorex: very nice work, as others have said that hammer is inspired. The thing that really caught my attention though was the back pack on your D.V. lord. "Iron within Iron without indeed"

so what have I done to advance the cause? Well after burning a bit of midnight oil 4th vow complete.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/005-5.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/004-6.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/003-7.jpg

I've done him as a Black Legion dude, the story being that Abbadon is sending "advisors" to various warbands to help ensure they will be there when he needs them for the 13th black crusade. Of course my Night lords don't trust him an inch (not that they trust each other much more mind you) and are quite willing to arrange a small "accident" for him if needs be...

Vow Complete! The wonders of having time off. Captain the letters were started at the same time the rest of it was, they were being primed at the time of the before picture and i forgot to snap a before for them until i had gotten that far. If you want to take them off they were 130 points. But here is the Completed Vow,

1005799_10151808129274467_1625875782_n.j

Prince

1146580_10151808129399467_957695703_n.jp

Fateweaver

1170719_10151808129484467_951939581_n.jp

The letters that may or may not count

1157402_10151808129354467_1983071619_n.j

PB squads

1150969_10151808129264467_771629529_n.jp

282926_10151808129369467_484269771_n.jpg

My next vow is 15 Plague Marines 4x PG 2x Melta 1x PF for a total of 465 points. The models are being re purposed from old ones so that's why they are more than base coated. Nothing will remain from the original shot and it will be evident once they are done.

935875_10151808129259467_1986354323_n.jp

@ Ironwithout: wow, those tanks... Your ability with the metals is truly outstanding! And the hazard stripes are just awesome... Congratulation - completion registered!

@ Steve: OMG! Not only you completed but you vowed once more! The Gods do look favourably on you! Right, lets see... As far as the letters are cocerned you convinced meare in - no penalty! Good news yes? :) Your 4th vow is also in and look forward for your complete reworking of them!

@ zyl-: ETERNAL GLORY TO THE CHANGER OF WAYS!!! You've done a huge effort my friend and it shows... Love the greenish power weapon glow... Completion registered!

Archived