Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

*Screaming like a little girl* Aw man, that looks badass. There are so many great chaos threads that I think my loyalty to the Empire is diminishing tongue.png

Told you we'll have you.

Hey, you will have me as soon as GW comes out with a decent Chaos marines kit, the current one is definetly not persuasive.

Thanks a lot, guys! I'm only adding one Knight, I like to make unique miniatures and would probably go mad if I had to do 5. Luckily I play in local gaming club (the biggest in the country actually) where most people are pretty cool about that kind of stuff? "Oh, you've made a Chaos Knight? Go on and use it." If they don't want to play against it, I'll just pass up the game or not use it.

The leg was very easy, actually, no piston work needed. The back leg I haven't done anything to - the leg on the droppod base (only temporary, I just found something the right height in the bitz box) was cut at the knee joint and glued in the right position, as was the hip joint. The only other thing I changed about the legs was to turn the feet slightly outward - I think this makes a big difference, the way it is standard seems a little stiff to me.

The arrows were just freehand drawn onto plastic card and cut out - no big secrets there.

The spikes on the carapace will have some sculpting done, to make it look like they've grown/burst through the armour. They're from the mutalith chaos fantasy monster.

Awesome and inspiring models! True and maddening creations of the Dark Mechanicum!

What would put the icing on this delicious thread would be some lore accompanying each finished unit.. :)

Thanks a lot guys!

@ fengir: what claw are you referring to?

Anyway, I wanted to keep the pace, so fresh from the Dark Forge - my Maulerfiend, now with paint!

mf1.jpg

mf2.jpg

mf3.jpg

Yes, I know he's missing a right hand weapon, but I haven't come up with something just right yet, and I'm in the painting zone, so to speak, so I make sure I keep up the steam by moving on. :)

Sometimes a "like" button isn't enough. Beautiful work. Truly awe inspiring.

Hell yes. One like...pah! This deserves way more...but I just can't :cry:

Thanks a lot - I'm really pleased with the way the army is turning out. I would have liked them to be more unique in their colour scheme, but after 8 months of pondering, I figured I had to decide on something, and I think the Iron Warriors them suits them very nicely. :)

Not seen anyone else ask but how are you doing those runes and green OSL?

It's very easy actually. :)

1) Small airbrushed dot of Moot Green

2) Paint rune with mix of moot green and white

3) Highlight rune with white.

Not seen anyone else ask but how are you doing those runes and green OSL?

It's very easy actually. :)

1) Small airbrushed dot of Moot Green

2) Paint rune with mix of moot green and white

3) Highlight rune with white.

And without an airbrush? Stipple or glaze the first bit maybe.

Archived