Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

i like that we both use glowing green markings on our models, but have to say, you are waaaaaaaay better than me at then, i will have to practice more.

keep up the great work, its inspireing as allways

Wow it looks very striking on these huge miniatures and I am impressed how good/quick the results are produced by your technique.  Do you think the same technique would work well on normal sized infantry models, or do you think they would require some more dramatic highlights/shadows to make them look convincing?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm hard at work on the spawns, and I'm very pleased with the direction they're taking - stay tuned for biomech-horror. ;)

@ Fengir: Oh, that's some of the mouth parts from the new tyranid Exocrine thingy - luckily for me, the cannon-version is much better than the close combat version, so I've gotten lots of parts from the nid players in my gaming club. :D

Wow it looks very striking on these huge miniatures and I am impressed how good/quick the results are produced by your technique.  Do you think the same technique would work well on normal sized infantry models, or do you think they would require some more dramatic highlights/shadows to make them look convincing?

To be honest, I'm trying out some colour schemes for the cultists, and I'm struggling a bit with the colour scheme being a bit too dark for smaller models. I'll let you know when I come up with a solution. :)

My thanks for the kind words. :-)

My Heretek has been busy - a week ago he grabbed some hulking mutants, a bag full of combat drugs and a rather nasty selection of weapons, and went down into his workshop - and last night these jolly fellows came storming out of his laboratory. My spawns:

spawn1.jpg

spawn2.jpg

spawn3.jpg

spawn4.jpg

spawn5.jpg

A picture of the whole gang:

spawnall.jpg

I've come to a realisation.

You ARE Heritor Ashphodel. Creator of nightmare constructs and inheritor of world's!

If your working on cultist ideas, why not mobilise your workforce? The reason I mentioned Ashphodel is because of the mass mobilisation of the Ferrozoican hives. A huge swathe of cultists in that ochre colour you have used on your maulerfiend could work wonders...

That chaos knight is awesome. I've been waiting to see the first one, and the best reward is seeing yours! Lovely use of existing kits and plasticard!

I've come to a realisation.

You ARE Heritor Ashphodel. Creator of nightmare constructs and inheritor of world's!

If your working on cultist ideas, why not mobilise your workforce? The reason I mentioned Ashphodel is because of the mass mobilisation of the Ferrozoican hives. A huge swathe of cultists in that ochre colour you have used on your maulerfiend could work wonders...

That chaos knight is awesome. I've been waiting to see the first one, and the best reward is seeing yours! Lovely use of existing kits and plasticard!

Thanks a lot - though I've got no idea who Heritor Ashphodel is. :D

What do you mean by mobilizing my workforce?

Heritor Asphodel was one of the top-tier baddies in the Sabbat Worlds Crusade. Generally thought to have a relation with the Mechanicus because of his adeptness with technology, and the creation of war machines specific to his warband.

Killed by Colonel-Commissar Gaunt at the siege of Vervunhive. The book of the same name, Siege of Vervunhive, is generally considered the best of the series.

Also you're awesome.

Actually *puts on BL pedant hat* it's Necropolis. But yeah, it's deffo one of the best in the series.

With regards to the models and stuff in this thread, I've not been posting because every post would have just been 'OMG AWESOME *DROOL*' or words to that effect. I wash I had your bits box.

Dragonlover

Thanks guys - and I even got a fluff lesson. :D

Oh my Warp, I love them. Really good use of the Dark Eldar and Vampire Counts kits. (Pretty sure that's what I'm seeing.) I like how dynamic they are, gives them a good sense of movement. How do you plan to paint these up?

-Tarvik

I'm thinking very pale, almost whiteish skin, lots of blood spatter, and hazard stripes on the weapons.

as always the work you do is exelent, im especially keen on the green runes, im always looking to improve, and would love some pointers from you, tryed sending you a pm but guess you been busy, sitting planing marking for my hellbrute atm wile looking at your work :)

Yep, as a few people have mentioned, Heritor Ashphodel is a mighty chaos lord responsible for the assault on Vervunhive covered in the Dan Abnett book Necropolis.

I cannot recommend that book highly enough to you. Given what you are working on, believe me when I say you will be sufficiently inspired!

Archived