Battlereport to boost ETLMorale: BT/DA now Turn 2

Dark Scipio

The stage is set. To boost our morale I will field my Templars for the first time in 6th Edition. The foe will be the Dark Angels.

I normally dislike loyal Marine battles and avoid them, but I thought this would be fitting.

The game will be played on Mondays over Vassal40k, because both players a busy husbands and fathers. Most likely we wont do more than one turn per week.

As I said its my 1st game as Templars in the 6th Edition, and my 3rd game overall in 6th Edition.

My opponent collected 40k stuff for a long time but never played, its his second game.

We just finished our last game (Dark Angels vs. my Thousand Sons), which I won with a bit luck and due to the fact that Thousand Sons excell at fighting Plasmabarrage-Power Armoured Marines.

Because my Terminators won the game last time I expected to face a lot of Anti-Terminator fire and Deathwing as well.

I had this in mind when I wrote my list (both list were written withour knowledge of the other):

Please excuse that I didnt had time to translate them yet.

*************** 1 HQ ***************

Champion des Imperators, Nimm jede Herausforderung an

- - - > 140 Punkte

Ordenspriester, Reclusiarch

+ 1 x Boltpistole, Crux Terminatus, Meisterhafte Rüstung, Sprungmodul, Fragmentgranaten -> 57 Pkt.

- - - > 152 Punkte

*************** 3 Standard ***************

Taktischer Trupp

5 Paladine, 3 x Bolter, Laserkanone, Plasmawerfer

- - - > 101 Punkte

Taktischer Trupp

- - - > 101 Punkte

Taktischer Trupp

- - - > 101 Punkte

*************** 3 Sturm ***************

Landspeeder Schwadron, 2 x Typhoon Landspeeder mit Schwerem Bolter

- - - > 140 Punkte

6 Assualt Marines, 1 x Flammenwerfer, 1 x Energieaxt, 1 x Sturmschild, Melterbomben

- - - > 175 Punkte

Landspeeder Schwadron, 1 x Typhoon Landspeeder mit Schwerem Bolter

- - - > 70 Punkte

*************** 2 Unterstützung ***************

Vindicator, Sturmbolter

- - - > 135 Punkte

Vindicator, Sturmbolter

- - - > 135 Punkte

Gesamtpunkte Black Templars : 1250

gallery_11456_6714_155347.jpg

I really

Here is his list:

gallery_11456_6714_65446.jpg

*************** 2 HQ ***************

Ezekiel

- - - > 145 Punkte

Scriptor

+ - Psiwaffe

- Boltpistole

- - - > 65 Punkte

*************** 2 Elite ***************

6 Deathwing-Terminatoren

- 3 x Energiehammer & Sturmschild

- - - > 279 Punkte

Cybot

- Synchronisierte Maschinenkanone

- Synchronisierte Maschinenkanone

- - - > 120 Punkte

*************** 3 Standard ***************

Taktischer Trupp

10 Space Marines

- 9 x Bolter

+ Upgrade zum Sergeant

- Bolter

- Boltpistole

- - - > 140 Punkte

Taktischer Trupp

5 Space Marines

- 3 x Bolter

- Plasmawerfer

+ Upgrade zum Sergeant

- Bolter

- Boltpistole

- - - > 85 Punkte

Taktischer Trupp

5 Space Marines

- 3 x Bolter

- Plasmawerfer

+ Upgrade zum Sergeant

- Bolter

- Boltpistole

- - - > 85 Punkte

*************** 2 Sturm ***************

5 Schwarze Ritter des Ravenwing

- Erster Jäger

- Corvus-Hammer

- - - > 210 Punkte

Ravenwing-Unterstützungsschwadron

1 Land Speeder

- 1 x Multimelter

- - - > 60 Punkte

*************** 1 Unterstützung ***************

Whirlwind

- - - > 65 Punkte

Gesamtpunkte Dark Angels : 1254

Turn 1 coming on Monday

Funny enough even though it wasn't translated I still understood majority (about 95%) of what was written on both lists... I think I may have spended up too much time in the 41st Millenia...

Good Luck on your Skirmish Brother and as a Personal note...

How do you play on Vassal? I've tried and have failed...

Funny enough even though it wasn't translated I still understood majority (about 95%) of what was written on both lists... I think I may have spended up too much time in the 41st Millenia...

Good Luck on your Skirmish Brother and as a Personal note...

How do you play on Vassal? I've tried and have failed...

Its simple once you figrue it out. Download Vassal engine and 40k module than start Vassal Import the 40k module an connect. There are also tutorials here

http://vassal40k.wordpress.com/

and on youtube.

First turn fought:

Ezekiel got Molten Beam, and Weakening (plus Mind Worm)

At least the Liberain only got Shockwave.

Warlord traits:

The Hunt (1 extra VP for killing the enemy Warlord) for Ezekiel

Vangard (extra sprint) for my champion

I must say, that I had a good amount of respect what Ezekiel would be able to do with all that.

The battlefield:

med_gallery_11456_6714_865525.jpg

Deplyment:

med_gallery_11456_6714_965929.jpg

Turn 1 - Dark Angels

The bikes made a daring amove to the center, trying to bring the teleport homer to the Vindicators, Ezekiel moved behind them.

med_gallery_11456_6714_203383.jpg

The Whirlwind fired on the first Initate squad and landed perfectly to hit the second squad complety. One Initiate was knocked unconscious by the blast.

The Dreadnaught hesitated a bit knowing the thick front armour of the Templars Assualt vehicles from his own past as a Predator driver in his early days, but decided to open fire nevertheless
3 Glancing hits were the result, however one of it hit the tank at such an stepp angle that it bounced of, without even scratching the paint of. One can be sure that that wont have happend in daylight (passed the save).

To the surprise to the Templars, the Angels Bikes opend fire with mounted plasmaguns instead of bolters.
To the surprise of the Dark Angels, 4 of their weapons overheated, however the most injuries were caught by their armour. A Templar was not so lucky.

med_gallery_11456_6714_194157.jpg

Turn 1 - Black Templars

The Templars hardly moved.

med_gallery_11456_6714_847501.jpg

The Vindicators opend fired on the Raven Knights, while the first shot landed to short and dealed no damage,
the second vindicator adjusted correctly and his mighty blast fell 4 of the 5 Raven Knights.
The standing Raven Knight Veterna was first shot by Bolters and finally shot down by righteous Plasmafire.

Ezekiel was now standing in the open, and a full missle salvo from the landspeeder sealed his participation in this battle.

The Templars sniped 2 Angels with Lasers and another of them fell to a missle salvo.

med_gallery_11456_6714_591785.jpg

more next week.

• 3 weeks later...

So we finally had time for turn 2:

med_gallery_11456_6714_621427.jpg

The Dark Angels advanced, the Land Speeder rushed onwards and the Deathwing shocked in:

med_gallery_11456_6714_394086.jpg

However the Land Speeder was 1" to short to reach something and the Deathwing Terminators were placed this way, that only one Stormbolter could hit the Vinidcator rear and only 2 could fire on the Initates. They fired their shockingly improved Bolters on the Initiates wounding one so badly he fell uncounsiness. More than the Whirlwind could achive.

The Mortis Pattern Dread however had no difficulty to knock out the first Vindicator:

med_gallery_11456_6714_1192233.jpg

The Templars however werent shocked at all, the right flank Speeder reduced the capturing Squad from 3 to 1. The Initiates Bolters and Plasmagun were 1" out of range and the Laser missed the Terminators. However the 2 Speeder on the left unleased a lot fire power on the Terminators, even when the Terminators were not in base contact to each other, a single Frag-missle hit them all. Unfortunally only 1 of the 4 missles hit at all. 1 Terminator fell to the Frag Missles another to the 6 hvy. Bolter shoots. The Templars got the shield Termintors with the ,,light" fire. To seal the Terminators fate the Vindicator turned and fired a shoot on 3".... that landed 5" away, even BEHIND THE MUZZLE. At least a Terminator that was also hit by the malfunctioning Vindicator and had to Teleport back. The Vindicator lost one of it both Stormbolters. The Initates both Lasers hit the Speeder, Immobilizing it and wouldnt it jink it would be stunned to. Pistolfire from Champion and Assualtsquad couldnt scratch the remaining Terminatprs armour, however they also missed all shoots on the assualting assualt squad... that didnt made it into the fray. In an effort to save the Vindicator the Champion assualted the Deathwing alone (he did it just to inspire you for the ETL II with his zeal). Ther Champion wounded the Deathwing 4 times, but their armour was too strong for the black sword (AP3! be ******), the Terminators wounded the Champion 5 times and he saved 4 of them. Unfortunally it was S8....

med_gallery_11456_6714_1858156.jpg

Turn 3 in a week.

O

Archived