The Imperfect - Heresy Era Loyalist Emperor’s Children

Laborious

Well, that's the joy of this hobby, mate, and the heresy era in particular - there is so much scope to play around with, even within individual Legions. I know Space Marines are viewed as a bit of a bland choice of army by many (and I do agree that the amount of attention GW/FW pay them in relation to the other armies is rather OTT), but I prefer to think that they are only ever as bland or as interesting as the individual hobbyist makes them. Sure, one tactical marine looks exactly like any other when it's unpainted and on the sprue, but what you do with it from there is entirely up to you. :)

They look great so far. You've certainly done the III proud. smile.png

As I said in the other thread, can't wait to see the Sicaran.

so let me get this straight - you are a 40k fan and a SW fan (totally approve), and you named yourself Darth POTATO dry.png

This is really, reallygreat stuff!!! Look forward to it Laborious - I like it how we're both building EC armies but taking them to completely different directions! laugh.png

i didnt know you were doing one too. that explains a bit. must find...

o and Laborius - look forward to more big tank pics biggrin.png

It should obviously be built for your EC as well. One can never go wrong with double Sicaran trouble =)

True, I was hoping to perhaps have 2 of these and then a venator (or whatever the laser-destroyer one is called) as a squadron, but I understand you can't take sicarrans as squadrons in massacre?

Nah, they are one per FoC-slot. Still very cool, and quite killy as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Still alive, just been distracted by Battlefield 4 a little bit too much. ohmy.png

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000376_zpsc338d639.jpg

Progress stalled when I realised that the scar areas left at the rear of both track guards from the two very large pouring vents for the resin was oozing out some oily substance through the paint. sad.png Thankfully that has now stopped (I think) so hopefully I've avoided having to strip it. smile.png

Sexy with a capital 's'.

That oily substance is most likely the mold release agent. Hopefully it stops, don't wanna see this beautiful paint job ruined. One option to consider is a light dusting of varnish,(hairspray works as well, I believe), prior to undercoat for future resin models.

:woot:

Amazing work! The Sicaran is an imposing piece of hardware and sure looks great in EC livery... I suspect that given its point cost, it will soon become a popular choice in the HH battlefields!

Keep up the great work mate! :tu:

Sexy with a capital 's'.

That oily substance is most likely the mold release agent. Hopefully it stops, don't wanna see this beautiful paint job ruined. One option to consider is a light dusting of varnish,(hairspray works as well, I believe), prior to undercoat for future resin models.

Does the release agent permeate the resin, though? The leaking is only taking place in an area where I cut resin away - a perfect shadow. Got a Storm eagle to paint up at some point in the future, so I think in future i'll clean and prep big kits like this a little while before painting just to let anything that wants to vent escape. Will give the varnishing a go for future models as well as I'd read that it was a good idea to do that on FW resin anyway and I've always been too lazy/impatient to get the undercoat on and start painting! :o

woot.gif

Amazing work! The Sicaran is an imposing piece of hardware and sure looks great in EC livery... I suspect that given its point cost, it will soon become a popular choice in the HH battlefields!

Keep up the great work mate! thumbsup.gif

Cheers, mate. Any plans to add one to your army? Maybe not a perfect fit for your mobile, fast-attack orientated force though. What about that new Gunship varient though? That thing looks a beast!

That is one sexy looking tank.

That is one sweet tank!

Thanks very much guys :) Not too much left to on him before I'm at the weathering stage, which I always love doing, so hopefully I can get a couple of decent painting sessions in this week and finish him. :)

• 1 month later...

[17:30.00]     <<<SCANNING>>>
[17:31.00]     <<<SCANNING>>>
[17:32.00]     <<<SCANNING>>>
[17:33.00]     <<<SCANNING>>>

[17:33.07]     <<<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>>>

[17:33.10]     <<<REQUESTING AUTHORIZATION CODES>>>

[17:33.47]     <<<REQUEST ACKNOWLEDGED>>>

[17:34.03]     <<<RETRIEVING CODES>>>

[17:34.17]    <<<CODES RETRIEVED>>>

[17:34.18]    <<<DECRYPTING CODES>>>

[17:34.30]     <<<VERIFYING>>>
[17:34.45]     <<<VERIFYING>>>
[17:35.00]     <<<VERIFYING>>>

[17:35.01]     <<<CODES VERIFIED: IDENTITY CONFIRMED: HELO-SIX-THREE>>>

[17:35.02]     <<<ESTABLISHING SECURE LINK>>>

[17:35.23]   -   "Archangel, this is Helo-Six-Three. Over."

[17:35.30]   -   "This is Archangel, Helo-Six-Three. Send. Over."

[17:35.36]   -   "Enemy pressure mounting. Situation becoming untenable. Request armour support. Over."   

[17:36.09]   -   "Copy that, Helo-Six-Three. Tasking armoured units to your AO. ETA twelve minutes. Stand Fast. Over."

[17:36.45]   -   "Received and understood, Archangel. Helo-Six-Three out."

------------------------------------

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000379_zps3de2b983.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000382_zpse563b5b5.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000386_zps31b2cc73.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000384_zps3a4b2507.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000390_zps525b9a22.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000388_zps0fdbd206.jpg

Sicaran Battle Tank, Designation: Heniokhos. XXV Company (Armoured) ,XIX Millenial, Emperor's Children.

Apologies for the long delay on getting this guy finished and for the lack of a proper fluff piece for him. He's been finished for about two weeks now and I just haven't had the time to get around to writing it up. With Christmas just around the corner I doubt I'd get anything done on it before the new year so I figured I'd just post the bloody thing up. The Oozyness of Dhoom came back yet again which put me off completing him for a while. After swearing at it for a week I just decided to just weather the hell out of those two areas to disguise it. If you look at the rear right mudguard you can see I've somewhat failed to do that. :) Anyway, I hope you all have a great Christmas and hopefully I'll be able to get back on track come the new year. :)

An imposing centerpiece there Laborious! You put a lot of effort in it and it shows! :yes: The tracks I especially like - they look in fairly good condition (it's ECs after all) but also used in the field of battle. And the green works really well too as a complementary color. A great model. Bravo!

This is growing into an awesome force, I think it's time for a group shot!

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Laborious101/Emperors%20Children/P1000559_zps1cdzbjif.jpg

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Laborious101/Emperors%20Children/P1000560_zpsbibgn5fp.jpg

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Laborious101/Emperors%20Children/P1000561_zpswjeh0w7o.jpg

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Laborious101/Emperors%20Children/P1000563_zpsxmwxfojw.jpg

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Laborious101/Emperors%20Children/P1000565_zps5nca9xtc.jpg

Castigator Tulas Karakan and Pardoner Kastor Gedeon, XIX Millenial, Emperor's Children.

Famed duellists both, in battle Tulas and Kastor served as bodyguards to their Lord Commander and to the legion's standard; but outside of this they, and the dread swords they bore, also acted as their Millenial's justiciars in a rite unique amongst their legion.

When the Lord Fulgrim was reunited with the legion he had sired the crippled Third were inundated with new blood drawn from their Primarch's homeworld. In contrast to the acrimony that had beset many of their sister legion's in the past, the integration of these new Chemosian Children with their Terran brothers was quick and relatively painless. The two group's respective philosophies combined almost seamlessly to create a new unified culture for the reinvigorated legion.

Whilst many of the legion's Terran traditions, such as the Palatine duelling societies, were enthusiastically embraced by the legion as a whole, others fell out of favour and were largely forgotten save by those Millenials who retained an unusually strong Terran presence.

One such practice, and unique to the XIX Millenial, was the disciplinary rite known as the Walk of Blades.

A throwback to the royal courts of Europa from which much of the early strength of the legion was drawn, and which continued to supply the legion with men throughout the years of the Great Crusade, the Walk of Blades was a punishment meted out only in the direst of circumstances to those deemed to have failed in their sworn duty and brought shame to the Children. In a legion as disciplined as the Third, it was a rite not often carried out.

Unarmed and unarmoured, shorn of all vestments of rank and badges of honour, the accused was required to walk, two silent wardens with bared blades at their back, between the gathered ranks of their brothers and feel the weight of their judgement. Only when they had passed through all those assembled was the sentence passed. The penitent had to make that long walk never knowing whether they would feel the touch of the blade known as Absolution upon their shoulder, or receive the blade called Chastisement in the back.

From the dawn of the great Crusade to their eventual annihilation at Istvaan III, a span of over two hundred years, the XIX Millennial bore witness to the Walk of Blades only seven times.

Six brothers were found wanting. One was not.

--------------

Forgive me guys, it has been, what, sixteen months since my last post? unsure.png My apologies to anyone who enjoyed following this project log for the lack of updates. As happens frequently with me and painting I just kinda stopped after finishing the Sicaran and didn't start up again. However! I have two good bits of news that should hopefully appease you.

Firstly, I've been lurking about for the past few weeks not posting whilst I finished up a decent (for me) sized update for the log so Children Karakan and Gedeon will not be the only painted models I have to show you this week. They will be joined over the next few days by two more fellows, one of whom was last seen as a hastily blue-tacked together mock-up almost two years ago! I think he's turned out rather well. smile.png

Secondly, I recently met some very nice people who play 40k every week who invited me to join them - so for the first time since 2nd edition I'm actually playing the game again! It's a bit weird not having to trawl through a huge box of psychic cards and i've no idea why I can't use my D20 dice anymore but I'm having a blast. Not won a game yet either. smile.png With the extra motivation to get stuff on the table I'm hopeful my hobbying won't experience the peaks and lulls it has in the past when I was purely painting and modelling for the sheer pleasure of it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. smile.png

Archived