Horus Heresy WIP - The Legions

Hey, im a new ish bnc user and posted some of my pre heresy alpha legion a while ago (just a tester scheme) and now I'm back with an epic project that I'm currently loving working on and would like abit of input from peeps. I've decided I like all the legions too much just to stick to painting one so I'm going to do a small representative force from all 18 know legions. Pre heresy colours first with some of my own takes on colour scheme depending on armour type. I'm working with the basic Mk 2,3,4 sets from forgeworld so far, no chapter specific squads or vehicles as yet, just getting colour schemes set and making up a few nice choice miniatures. I'll post what I've done so far and see what you guys think. 

Wow, that's a potentially epic under taking.

Are you doing a Pre Heresy 20 man tactical squad of each legion? Because that would be very cool, ruinously expensive but very cool. Given that you've started on the Alpha legion is the Raven Guard next?

Wow, that's a potentially epic under taking.

Are you doing a Pre Heresy 20 man tactical squad of each legion? Because that would be very cool, ruinously expensive but very cool. Given that you've started on the Alpha legion is the Raven Guard next?

Well iIl have enough mk3 marines to do five pre heresy squads and one mk 4 squad so will be just a few models from each chapter at the mo. I'll be picking up legion specific squads as they come out and filling the chapters out that way. Will take a lot longer that way waiting for forgeworld to make the models but it gives me chance to improve my skills and techniques. Alpha Legion are my boys (thumps chest with fist twice gangsta style hehe) but I flit between the chapters at the mo just doing what takes my fancy but emperors children are really captivating me at the mo. Found a great easy way of making them look great for me at my skill level (less than a year of paint to model) but will be on raven guard and the rest as soon as my mood takes me there :-) 

I'd look at doing a (The) Crusader Host?  you would be able to get loads of legion specific character into your models, good luck! 

Whats a crusader host? Excuse my ignorance hehe, I'm guessing a big mix of alsorts of different troop types and chapters maybe? Thanks tho I'm real excited about doing it.

This project of yours sounds fun, good luck I for one will be watching.

The Crusader host is from the Outcast dead book and is comprised of elements from many legions the book doesn't go in to much detail about why they are on Terra but a bunch of them end up having all sorts of High jinks in the shadow of the palace and they are 1 Thousand son, 1 Emperors Children (or should that be child?) 1 Luna wolf, 1 Death guard and 3 World eaters as far as I remember. Mind you they also spend most of the book not in armour at all...

Hope that helps it might be worth borrowing the book from your local library and having a read see if inspiration strikes.    

I'd look at doing a (The) Crusader Host? you would be able to get loads of legion specific character into your models, good luck!

Whats a crusader host? Excuse my ignorance hehe, I'm guessing a big mix of alsorts of different troop types and chapters maybe? Thanks tho I'm real excited about doing it.

They were representatives from all of the Legions that were stationed on Terra during the Great Crusade. As stated there are some of them in the Outcast Dead and also Wolf Hunt audiodrama.

FW Raven Guard would be suitable if you've read Deliverance lost and the Sanguinary Guard are present in Fear to Treadmsn-wink.gif

Archived