I will say that I am skeptical about that head working- it just seems entirely too large for the body at present.  

The head seems to be in scale, it just looks larger due to the respirator. Great stuff, Kage. Love your work.

I was thinking the same thing, Chaplain, until I realized what DuskRaider just pointed out. It was too wide with all the respirator and marine earmuff bits, and after trimming them down it looks much better. I'm also trying out a right arm to see how it grabs me:

http://i.imgur.com/AQx5XIl.jpg

He really is starting to get that Sith-y feel to 'im, ain't he?

Back in the days of my Imperial Fists thread, I had picked up a few Tyrannic War Veteran figures and was in the process of un-smurfing them, but then I gave up on the VII. I also didn't have a Dremel back then, which was probably a big part of why I didn't finish the conversion. Enter my Dremel to grind away what remained of the old head and the smurfy decorations. I know there's still one on the bolter sling, but I'm not finished with this guy yet. While I am considering making the armor of the Crimson Sons look piecemeal, I'm probably going to at least make the right leg look like MK IV with the normal knee pad.

http://i.imgur.com/lE5o370.jpg

That head looks much more in scale with the body trimmed a little and I really like the detail on his left arm so far.  I did the same trimming with the Tyrannic War Veterans a few years ago without a Dremel tool before GW started using finecast.  My fingers still get sore every time I look at them sitting on my shelf but the work is worth it.  I'm constantly amazed at how you and I use the same base minis for conversions, great minds and all.:whistling:   I was just thinking that one of the FW Khorne Berzerker respirator heads might look pretty good on your rouge trader.  I'll take a look and if I have one I'll send you a pic. 

That head looks much more in scale with the body trimmed a little and I really like the detail on his left arm so far.  I did the same trimming with the Tyrannic War Veterans a few years ago without a Dremel tool before GW started using finecast.  My fingers still get sore every time I look at them sitting on my shelf but the work is worth it.  I'm constantly amazed at how you and I use the same base minis for conversions, great minds and all.:whistling:   I was just thinking that one of the FW Khorne Berzerker respirator heads might look pretty good on your rouge trader.  I'll take a look and if I have one I'll send you a pic. 

I liked 3 of the 4 TWV figures, and I never could find the third one I wanted for a decent price.

http://i.imgur.com/eBqkf3i.jpg?1

I have the middle two, and wanted the one on the left. Also, I do have one of those FW Berzerker helms from the Khârn conversion I was working on for a friend, and will finish someday. I tried it on and it just didn't feel right to me. It looked too... chaos-y. Too mustache-twirling eeeeeeevil.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/KharnWIP4.jpg

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Hey mikhail :smile.: send it my way :tongue.:

Let me take a look and see what's in the Khorne suitable bits "area" of my hobby space.  I'll message you in a few minutes Jasp, and as soon as my Iphone finishes synching I'll have a pic of that head posted here as well.  I'll take a pic of the UM I have as well BCK, I can probably get that particular marine if I don't have him on hand.  My bestest hobby buddy is UM to the core and has lots of the TWV , I'll trade him for the one you need.

Edited by mikhail

I'll take a pic of the UM I have as well BCK, I can probably get that particular marine if I don't have him on hand.  My bestest hobby buddy is UM to the core and has lots of the TWV , I'll trade him for the one you need.

I appreciate the offer, but now that I've essentially given up on 40k, he wouldn't really fit in with what I'm trying to do with the Crimson Sons. Plus, back when I really, really wanted that guy, my sculpting skills were crap and it wouldn't be a difficult pose for me to emulate these days. If only he had the Mk IV looking stuff like the middle two...

*edit* Hell, if I forgot that I did a version of that pose for my IF Sternguard:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/SG_8-12_3a.jpg

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Well I only found four of the FW Berzerker heads fellas but they look different from the one you posted BCK.  One actually doesn't have a respirator and one is an old metal one from a Berzerker Champion I bought a long time ago.  I know at least two of them will be making the trip to you Jasp.  I'm keeping one for myself but Kage gets first pick as always.  This is his topic after all, fair is fair.

Well I only found four of the FW Berzerker heads fellas but they look different from the one you posted BCK.  One actually doesn't have a respirator and one is an old metal one from a Berzerker Champion I bought a long time ago.  I know at least two of them will be making the trip to you Jasp.  I'm keeping one for myself but Kage gets first pick as always.  This is his topic after all, fair is fair.

He just announced an end to his WE thread. :(  If he still wants them, I relinquish any claim. I'm quite fond of the head I'm currently displaying on the RT.

Note to self: Steal that pose, it looks badass.

Right? That's why I wanted the TWV guy for so long. BTW, the right arm comes from the Sternguard sergeant from the previous kit. I just checked the GW site and it appears they are no longer in print as they are not listed on the website.

Note to self: Steal that pose, it looks badass.

Right? That's why I wanted the TWV guy for so long. BTW, the right arm comes from the Sternguard sergeant from the previous kit. I just checked the GW site and it appears they are no longer in print as they are not listed on the website.

Yeah, I saw that too on the GW website. Too bad I really liked the old veterans.

Brothers, I need some opinions about what the VIII Legion might have done for their ornamentation prior to being reunited with their primarch and thus becoming the Night Lords. There's not much to go on from the Massacre color plates on the power armored marines, and the one pic of a cataphractii has what appear to be pturges, but adorned with chains and small metal skulls instead.

Romanic themed with crests and pturges? Europa knightly? Something else? Nothing of the sort?