Super helpful little tutorial/project there. As someone who buys more or less exclusively off of eBay and has been burned by crummy recasts before, it's good to know there's a better alternative than green stuff for gap filling.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. :)

That... That's amazing. It's going to look so sleek and predator-like! Are you oing to get some of the detailing back, like those square crevices and rivets?

Yeah, some of the detailing will be coming back, but those rectangular cutouts are not.

Looking good mate, the mud/track guard date a vast improvement. Not a massive fan of completely removing all traces of the SM vehicle recesses from the front, they are very iconic.
I am prepared to be proven wrong, and I love the future stug silhouette.

I do have a fluffy story idea about the appearance, but I was deliberately trying for something that didn't have those normal SM flourishes.

I was going to buy some Bondo when I was at NAPA the other day and didn't.  Curses.  Great idea on the sanding block.  Hadn't really considered that at all.

Have you used Bondo on curved surfaces?  I've got some mold slippage on a Knight's leg that needs tending to.

I certainly have. This is a larger figure conversion I started on a while back.

http://i.imgur.com/t2u3J.jpg

Thanks, Flint, lol.

I would only use bondo for some very specific cases, like this one where I needed to fill a large amount of space and get a very hard edge to it by sanding. Which, by the way, my arm is still recovering from all the sanding this past week and the tips of my thumb, index, and middle fingers on my right hand have pretty much had the fingerprints worn away and are strangely smooth.

To give you some idea of just how much sanding I did, my custom sanding block which I recently re-covered with new sandpaper not long before this project is now all but destroyed; the previous sandpaper on it lasted me a couple of years.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Awesome work on the Venator! I love that it looks both sleek and businesslike at the same time. very nice :thumbsup:

All the work you are putting into the Sicaran is really paying off, man! It looks amazing! I've never seen someone add those armor panels and level the sides out but it looks great! Can't wait to see it and the Breaker painted!

Thanks, guys. :smile.:  I've still got a good bit of work to do on it, and hope I can get it done for the L&T deadline to make Chaplain.

Alright, my 3D printed shields are in! They're a bit grainy as I expected, but a little scraping with an X-Acto and some targeted sanding with high grit paper will get it where I want. This one hasn't had much work done to it yet as I just wanted to get some primer on the clear resin to get a better look at it.

http://i.imgur.com/GgTZ7hU.png

You might also notice some changes in the waist as more work continues on this guy.

Well, I thought I was almost done with him and just had a few more things to do once the shield showed up, but the delivery got delayed most likely by the bad weather in the northern states, and conversion illness got twitchy and made me start changing things. And of course, this is after I've pledged to finish this guy on a deadline.

Thanks, Dantay.

SoR - Subtle? LOL, the left side is kind of subtle, but I was afraid I'd gone way overboard the right. I did move the raptor symbol and it's only on the right greave now.