Damn. That sucks, brother. Glad you're safe though; that's the important part.

Yup.

Here's the Crimson Son pic again for you, so you can start painting up those jetbikes..... :wink:

Anyone ever tell you you're a subtle guy, Heathens?  No? Didn't think so. :tongue.:

I went digging around through my paints, and after clearing off a few inches of dust, I found something that might work. As blue is my favorite color, I seem to have a compulsion to buy just about every shade of blue paint I come across, so there was a lot to look through. Sadly, there was very little in the way of blue-grey colors, but I found one that might work for the base. Interestingly enough, it's a Vallejob Model Color called...

http://i.imgur.com/PG0L4o3.jpg

It would be darkened with washes some, but I want to keep the color distinct from the regular Night Lords scheme. And as you mentioned prior to the crash, Heathens (at least, I think it was you), it's probably the result of a lot of acid rain from fighting for extended periods on the paradise planet of Terra and I think this color would make a good faded/washed out version of the midnight blue.

The original idea was to make this a Terror Assault force, as I love jump pack troops and I have 3 unbuilt drop pods, but checking those rules just now, I couldn't take an allied detachment with the VIII Legion boys if I went that way. Since I don't really plan on playing though, I might just say ":censored:  it" and do whatever the hell I want to do.

So, some of the modeling ideas kicking around in the head for a terror force is something I normally avoided like the plague on my 40k Chaos marines, and that is lots of horrific, bloody trophies designed to scare the living piss out of the poor populace they're putting the sword to.

Another one joins the fold :devil:  We have come for you WIP section...

:laugh.:

Make some bleeding eyes and the worst gory, terrifying, gruesome stuff you can. Please?

Thought that was my job :wink:

Yeah, I'm going to have some competition with Heinrich.

Heathens wanted some work on a jetbike, so, I piddled around a little with some greenstuff for an idea I had, and I think you'll be able to tell where this is headed:

http://i.imgur.com/fq3wUs2.jpg

I'll probably have to redo the teeth once this cures because I put my thumb right into them just as I had finished, and it took so long to get to that point, the greenstuff was getting spongy and non-responsive, so they look like crap.

To be quite honest, this turned out a hell of a lot better than I was expecting. I've never attempted anything like this, especially a skull. My biggest fear now is symmetry for the other side. :(

Heathens wanted some work on a jetbike, so, I piddled around a little with some greenstuff for an idea I had, and I think you'll be able to tell where this is headed:

http://i.imgur.com/fq3wUs2.jpg

I'll probably have to redo the teeth once this cures because I put my thumb right into them just as I had finished, and it took so long to get to that point, the greenstuff was getting spongy and non-responsive, so they look like crap.

To be quite honest, this turned out a hell of a lot better than I was expecting. I've never attempted anything like this, especially a skull. My biggest fear now is symmetry for the other side. :sad.:

Holy :cuss. Awesome work Kage, I have a good feeling you'll do our father proud...

:tongue.:  Awesome, man. You might have (finally) found your niche.

I've already got something nasty in mind for a NL HQ. :)

Your a coward a traitor and a back stabber it's good to have you amongst us traitors

It's more fun to be bad, isn't it?

I've been thinking about the Rogue Trader part of this Crimson Sons idea, but can't really find anything I like to represent the RT him/herself. I had the idea of using this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/t5iK3jT.jpg

But he's an Inqusitor with a giant rosette hanging around his neck, and they weren't really around back then. I also don't want to cut it off because it's a limited edition model that cost me a pretty penny. For his troops, I'm thinking of using some of the Vostroyan figures I have, as they are definitely the most grimdark IG figures ever made, and will probably use them as Myrmidon Secutors. Speaking of those guys, one of their weapon options is a phased plasma fusil, and I might be blind, but I've looked through both Betrayal and Massacre and find rules or a stat line for it. If anyone knows where I might find that in the books, please let me know.

It's too bad they never released that inquisitor in resin, that would be a great model to convert copies of. Oh well , such a shame too he would look great with the ltd ed cyber mastiff that FW released with the arbite mini. Too bad that one is hard to come by, it's one of my favorites. Whatever will we do?

Man, the ranks of the Loyalists thin every day....

Sorry to hear about your car BCK, Texas drivers are the worst sometimes. That sculpting on the front of the Scimitar looks rad though. Looking forward to seeing more progress.