Hmm, quite like the filled in MK III legs, could use with some detailing but I think you could easily do that if you wanted. As demon said, makes him look a lot..tankier. 

He does look like a bit of a tank. The filled in look is great. I will be giving that a go at some point. While I couldn't do any better myself, I think the warhound icon looks a bit flat, it needs some detail, but the shape is good.

Yeah, the more I look at the icon, the less I like it. Will probably try redoing it today.

Hmm, quite like the filled in MK III legs, could use with some detailing but I think you could easily do that if you wanted. As demon said, makes him look a lot..tankier. 

I dunno if I'll do trim or just add some rivets to the new armor plates, but it will get some sort of detailing.

Alright, got my bits order in and did a little more work on this guy.

http://i.imgur.com/DxPHKmm.png

I like this head a lot better because it has the Clint Eastwood squint going on and conveys the look I wanted for this guy a lot more than the previous one. It also looks more like how I picture a marine head with the broader features frequently described in the books, and as seen on body builders and other muscular athletes.

I also filled in the plates on the arms and ditched the War Hounds sculpted icon for now, 'cause I tried to improve on it and ended up ruining it. I ordered some sets of the PA Praetor shoulder pads a long time ago and never used any of the ones with the Aquila on it, and thought it might work well on this guy as another way to show that he didn't follow Angron and his traitorous brothers.

I'm asking around to see if anybody who might have WE transfer sheets has any left. I don't want to buy a whole WE sheet just for a few Hounds decals.

As for the armor, I think I'm going to forgo adding trim and will just put some rivets on.

I'm asking around to see if anybody who might have WE transfer sheets has any left. I don't want to buy a whole WE sheet just for a few Hounds decals.

As for the armor, I think I'm going to forgo adding trim and will just put some rivets on.

Pm sent.

HA! I'm not going to lie, I drooled a little :blush.:

But! Before I even read your post, I was checking the pics out thinking "Wow... BCK's version of Darr really has a bald Clint Eastwood thing going on... like what if Micheal Ironside and Clint Eastwood somehow made the perfect grizzled action hero over 50."

If you don't mind me asking, what thickness of plasticard do you find best for a starting point for making your own weapons? I think I have to try it now, even if it kills me (or glues all my fingers together, either or)

Edited by Flint13

Give me 2 weeks and I'll order a new sheet I'm out of the main decals only have the large warhound decal and some squad markings

That's mighty kind of ya, Jasp.

Pm sent.

PM sent back. :smile.:

HA! I'm not going to lie, I drooled a little :blush.:

But! Before I even read your post, I was checking the pics out thinking "Wow... BCK's version of Darr really has a bald Clint Eastwood thing going on... like what if Micheal Ironside and Clint Eastwood somehow made the perfect grizzled action hero over 50."

If you don't mind me asking, what thickness of plasticard do you find best for a starting point for making your own weapons? I think I have to try it now, even if it kills me (or glues all my fingers together, either or)

Oooh, I'm imagining him with Ironside's voice now. Nice.

The plastic strip began life as 1mm thick but after the sanding it's about .8mm now. I didn't have any plastic sheet that thickness or I would have used that because gluing two strips together has problems - namely getting rid of the seam where I glued them together and also that it broke apart when I was carving out the inside shape of the axe and then had to glue it back together and sand out a second seam. But the converting nails were singing and I couldn't leave and drive the 20+ miles to the closes store to me that sells plastic sheet, so I made do with what I had on hand.

Hope you were wearing a bib Flint :wink:

*starts to choose from several comments, remembers it's a family-friendly board*

What kit is Karr's head from anyway? As flint said it has a real Eastwood/Ironside vibe to it. The sneer is perfect. 

Vet Vanguard, according to the auction I bought it from.

Clin Eastwood Space Marine? Woe to thee who would encounter such a one in combat....

Maybe I should do a Moritat with a poncho and cigarillo...

Aaaaaand a quick update:

http://i.imgur.com/Agi5LqH.png

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Everytime I see your work it never fails to impress - you always have an excellent eye for a conversion, surpassed only by the skill of making it happen.

Yes, this dude is awesome! Oozes maliciousness.

From earlier in the thread I know, but will we be seeing updates of Morti? :D

Edit - spelling

Edited by Midnight Runner

Everytime I see your work it never fails to impress - you always have an excellent eye for a conversion, surpassed only by the skill of making it happen.

Yes, this dude is awesome! Oozes maliciousness.

From earlier in the thread I know, but will we be seeing updates of Morti? :biggrin.:

Edit - spelling

Your Flesh Eaters display some pretty awesome conversions and I wish I could get them finished and painted with the speed of some of the others members on the board, but it's always nice to get a compliment from a fellow builder. :)

There will be Morti updates in the near future. One problem I have with my muse is that she's not good at multi-tasking, and once she's got an idea in my brain, it's hard to divert to something else.

Flint is right, so much Clint Eastwood vibe. And I love that.

The picture of the head on the auction I bought it from wasn't spectacular so I was little worried it might look different when I got it in my hands, but I'm glad it turned out well. Not only is it great for that Eastwood feel to it, I think it's one of the few heads they've done that actually looks like how the marine features are described in the books, which is awesome.

This version is my favorite, the belt, trophies and half tabard actually add a lot of flavour to the mini, and I am loving the head choice.

I'm glad the new head worked out so well. :)

The loin cloth and trophies give him a lot of bulk, which is great.

Really looking forward to seeing him finished :smile.:

The end is nigh!

A little work on the arms and the axe and I think he'll be done. So what did I spend the last three hours on?

Rivets...

http://i.imgur.com/0ILiR1F.png

The rivets add to a more finished feel. I am not sure about the arms at the moment, they look a bit to big. Sought of like Popeye. Maybe the rivets will help them look better.

Otherwise he is looking great.

Edited by Demon2027

I didn't know if the bottom of the helm was going to be visible or not, and just in case, I decided to hollow it out with my Dremel. The indentation is from my Dremel bouncing off the edge and hitting the face plate. I could cover it up, but I think it looks like a mark from a deflected bolt round or something.