I dunno, I always pictured a chain-glaive to be mounted in a similar fashion to a traditional glaive, blade base mounted against the top of the haft, or very slightly offset, "point" away from the haft. The current positioning looks more like a chain-halberd to me. No matter what though, he's definitely something I wouldn't want to meet... Well, anywhere really. :smile.:

It's close enough in my book. How many people are going to argue the toss at the table about it? ^_^

I'm one of those folks that doesn't really care what the guy looks like in comparison to the rules, after all, I use two falchion blades as lightning claws. ;) I was just saying that it doesn't really look like a chain-glaive to me (are there really rules differences between chain-glaives and chain-halberds?).

Tried out a new pose.

http://i.imgur.com/ZFo6S31.png

I had planned on doing 3-4 of the Cats like this, but it was a lot more bothersome than I expected, so I think this will be the only one.

I dunno, I kinda feel like it would look better with the blade flipped upside down.  

This.^

Also I always line up the direction of blade's edge with the wielders center Knuckles.

I dunno, I kinda feel like it would look better with the blade flipped upside down.  

This.^

Also I always line up the direction of blade's edge with the wielders center Knuckles.

What do you mean about the blade being flipped? And it will be lined up with the knuckles eventually. It's just loosely held together right now. :smile.:

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

I think what they mean is so that it looks like this:

http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/images/Product/large/MCI-2809.png

Vs

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130412180551/runescape/images/1/1f/Black_halberd_detail.png

Interesting idea, but then the teeth are going the wrong way.

It just means that their blood will spray onto their allies instead of yourself :p Or make an awesome upwards blood fountain!

Interesting idea, but then the teeth are going the wrong way.

Yeah I always wondered about the teeth of chainblades. Unless the chain rotates instead of going back and forth in a sawing motion they are going the wrong way half the time anyways.

Slip got the gist of it.  There are a lot of logistical issues aside from the teeth, like the pipe and engine gubs and such.  But the upward curving blade struck me as more iconic than an ax on a pole.  Like some sort of...pole-ax.  :laugh.:

Actually, the teeth seem like the least of the concerns, taking into account all the other nonsense.  Still, could look cooler.

Edited by Firepower

But the upward curving blade struck me as more iconic than an ax on a pole.

That's exactly what it's supposed to be. In time, there will be plenty of writings to describe the birth of the weapons, but they are intentionally simple in appearance for my Terran VIII Legion. ;)

chopping weapon teeth rotate down, stabbing weapon, teeth rotate up. simple solution but lets not get into the fact that the blade teeth usually can't even clear the track guard in most chainsword/axes:tongue.:

Edited by MordentHex

But the upward curving blade struck me as more iconic than an ax on a pole.

That's exactly what it's supposed to be. In time, there will be plenty of writings to describe the birth of the weapons, but they are intentionally simple in appearance for my Terran VIII Legion. :wink:

I imagine it went something like "Ax good.  More ax gooder.  Longer is more?  Longer ax gooderer!"  With lots of facial ticks and nosebleeds peppered in. :D

Or it could be an alternate to a classic Carlin joke.  "Boy I'd really like to cut those people in half over there.  But I'm way too far away to get the job done..."

:teehee:

Really, what else do you want me to do to dress it up? It's a handle.

Some frills, perhaps some lovely stripes.  A bit of rouge and eyeliner.  Y'know, take it out for a night on the town.

I think I got lost somewhere in the middle of my own joke.