XIV Dragoon, VII Grand Company, IV Legion (13Jun2015)

Hyaenidae

DONE!

Nay, says I. Play loyalists. That way our games would be that much more awesome.

Besides, it's boring when my Iron Warriors don't get to throw loyalist corpses off of the battlement walls I'm building in my game room...

well you gotta answer the damn phone first(or at least return a brothers call)!

maybe I'll do both! most of my 40K stuff is going into my sons blood angels

• 2 weeks later...

The wait will be worth it, I'm sure. If there's one thing that I know very well, it's that Heathens never ceases to amaze us. I'm looking forward to seeing what other siege elements are included, as I'm going Imperial Fists for my Heresy-era force.

Stack Up!

BREACH!

gallery_37532_8712_164067.png

Counts-As Meltagunner; His Trenchgun is loaded with Olympian Slag-Shells, the last of their kind.

EHRMERGAWRD

this is amazing.

Have you thought about attaching some shotguns to their backs for cqc and trench clearing?

I love the idea of a marine with a simple extendable stock 12 gauge mag locked between his power back and back plate.

You know. For close encounters.

I think Legionary-Corporal Biehn would be an apt name for an Iron Warrior ;)

Glad that this fella has inspired and created some discussion!

I want more trench warfare heathens keep bringing that grim dark

Lol, no worries there; I will be.

*Suddenly, heathens thread is overtaken by 30s-era ganger names.*

Oh God, no. Don't. :P

I admire the courage to give a fully fledged SM something that looks like a shotgun! thumbsup.gif The only problem is it seems kind of small to me... Too elegant sort of...

I happen to like the size. I've never really been a fan of Astartes who run about with "final fantasy syndrome", aka, giant freakin' weapons. Short, stout, and effective is the name of the game in trenches and boarding actions, and my Iron Warriors, who excel in both, will be reflecting this in short swords, trench clubs, hand axes, tomahawks, knives, bayonets and hand shovels with sharpened edges. Let my enemies make the mistake of bringing a 6 foot long blade into the claustrophobic walls of a trench; when they get their blades stuck in a mud-choked wall, I'll be more than happy to slam a knife into their throats to the hilt, or beat their skulls in with a short-handed mace.

I'm using those shotguns for a 'recon' squad. I'm glad I know how good it looks now.

Pics when you've finished, please.

Have you thought about attaching some shotguns to their backs for cqc and trench clearing?

Every squad will have a shotgun loaded with slag-shells, which will be their melta gunners. Boom-shaka-laka!

Is that a shotgun from the Forgeworld Cadian Veterans set? And where is that left hand from?

Awesome work so far, Heathens! Your work is always incredibly inspirational!

Indeed it is. The Left hand is just the open sanguiniary guard one; I bought a cluster of them about a year ago, and they have a load of uses.

I agree with Captain Semper that it seems too small a weapon for a gargantuan monstrosity like a space marine. Looks almost eldar, actually.

That said, all these updates look good.

Pretty much what I told Semper above. Thanks for the kind comment.

You know. For close encounters.

I think Legionary-Corporal Biehn would be an apt name for an Iron Warrior msn-wink.gif

Ha! I like it; done and done.

Slam fire was something you definitely wanted with the Winchester 1897. What it means is you hold down the trigger and keep pumping. More modern shotguns have since made that impossible.

Not needed if you hit what you're aiming at the first time. ;) Ammo conservation is life conservation, especially in a mud-choked trench, or a forlorn hope.

Glad y'all are liking these guys, and thanks for the comments! The fifth guy should be ready soon.

Well, historically slam-fire was a boon to the trench gun. Allies jumped in German trenches and pretty much just swept the lines. They were so effective that the German government lodged a formal complaint about them. 

Archived