XIV Dragoon, VII Grand Company, IV Legion (13Jun2015)

Hyaenidae

What's heathens to do now??

Some heavy weapons, mon ami.

First off, my version of a Heavy Bolter with Suspensor Web. Really, I imagine it's more like a stripped to bare bones Heavy Bolter:

gallery_37532_8712_271906.png

I feel like I need to add something to him, but I'm not sure what. I'm open to suggestions!

Next, a member of one of my Anti-Tank Platoon. I'm not a fan of FW's heresy missile launcher, so I opted for a skinnier IG Launcher. I like how it looks a bit like a Panzershreck. Sorry about the colors, he's repurposed from my Marines Malevolent:

gallery_37532_8712_211.png

As always, thoughts and opinions welcome. Take it easy, y'all.

Where'd you get that machine gun of death? I must convert

i realize i'm kinda late, but i always knew you'd come over to the dark sideteehee.gif

your iron warriors look great and i like 'em even more than your malevolentswink.png

the panzerschreck looks fantastic, though i think the operator should carry more missiles.

looking forward to more :tu:

• 11 months later...

Rebirth.

I've had a terrible writers' block lately. Like, I've re-written the same story four times now, unsatisfied with how it's gone. None the less, I got a giant freakin' army to get painted, but at the same time, I don't want to drown the In Memorium project with WIP shots with zero movement in the storyline my fellow InMem authors and I have driven on. So, in an effort to keep moving with my army, I decided to crack this thread open again. Without further ado....

two more dreads to complete my Talon:

gallery_37532_8712_199991.pnggallery_37532_8712_206496.png

Armour inbound:

gallery_37532_8712_489912.pnggallery_37532_8712_330961.pnggallery_37532_8712_442204.png

Thudd like a boss:

gallery_37532_8712_42093.pnggallery_37532_8712_278139.pnggallery_37532_8712_576924.png

Legion banner for the command squad:

gallery_37532_8712_340590.pnggallery_37532_8712_97213.png

Scout Sergeant and a Scout in Carapace:

gallery_37532_8712_6656.pnggallery_37532_8712_114072.pnggallery_37532_8712_133146.pnggallery_37532_8712_3407.png

First Termie done!

gallery_37532_8712_158515.pnggallery_37532_8712_70632.png

And his buddies:

gallery_37532_8712_275836.pngmed_gallery_37532_8712_302375.png

Termie Sergeant:

gallery_37532_8712_286258.png

And, what better way to turn a Termie deathstar into an unkillable tide of Iron?

gallery_37532_8712_156443.pnggallery_37532_8712_35459.png

What's next, you ask? Lots.....

med_gallery_37532_8712_142357.jpg

And the even bigger to do pile, right behind my desk.....

med_gallery_37532_8712_149587.jpg

By my Primarch....'tis a sight to behold.

BTW, did you ever explain how you do that mud effect? Very keen on finding out how you make it look so...gloopy? Is that the word I'm looking for?

Let's see. Left side: a couple of Whirlwind Hyperios, a converted Thunder Siege tank?, a Basilisk, LR Spartan, Predator Destructor, and some kinda... I dunno, and a Macharius Omega(maybe?).

Can't tell what the big pile of parts is in the rear center.

Right side is a Warhound.

Very impressive!

My favorite must be the Fist Termi, you can se the energy in that model. The banner bearer is also really well done, I recognise the banner from somewhere. Could you tell what model it comes from?

awesome!

and is that a Mastiff i spot between the Macharius and the thunderer?!

EDIT: where's the termie with the moustach and the power bat? or was he for your seventh legion force?

http://img.pandawhale.com/65402-dear-god-its-beautiful-mugatu-Zmxe.gif

I'll almost feel bad throwing their broken corpses back over the Palace walls... ;) :p

But seriously, god damn Heathens, XIV Dragoon's newest batch of recruits look amazing.

I think my favourite models are the old metal Dread you originally made for Grotsmasha's challenge (you have my eternal respect for trying to cut up that hunk of metal) and your new banner-bearer (because that sweet, sweet helmet makes everything awesome), your work blows my mind. :)

Very nice, this thread. Just read through the whole thing, since it said Iron Warriors on it, and I like it a lot. With my 5000p of SW starting to get done, I'm thinking of starting a traitor legion and the IW are in the top three contestants, so this thread was really inspiring. Thank you for that. =) 

I'm glad to see this progressing. Really glad actually, but you really need to get started on your Iconoclasts! Because if we do a 'SIege of Madrigal' campaign next year, I can't think of any force more poetic to burn madrigal and the II to the ground than your Iconoclasts.

Edit: If I had to pick one thing as my favorite from this update, it would have to be the decoration on top of the Legion banner. It's just so battered and sad. A perfect expression for what the Iron warriors used to be before the emperor broke trust with them.

Thank you all for your kind comments! Let's see if I can answer some of your questions....

BTW, did you ever explain how you do that mud effect? Very keen on finding out how you make it look so...gloopy? Is that the word I'm looking for?

I swear I mentioned it before, but I can't seem to find it. C'est la vie. I mix snow flock, elmer's glue, and a dark brown paint in a small glass bowl, until it's the consistency of soggy mashed potatoes. I apply it to the bases, and splatter it across the armour, then let it dry for about 24 hours. After it's dry, I wash it down heavily with a dark brown wash, then let that dry for another 24 hours. After that has totally dried (very important, or the moisture will ruin the next step), I hit the whole model with a Matte Sealer (I use army painter's matte seal). Then, I coat all of the muddy areas and splatters with Citadel wet effects. Let that dry for another 24 to 36 hours, and touch up any areas that still look too dry.

It's a censored.gif long process, but totally worth it. I can almost imagine Terra's tortured atmosphere, ruined and over-pressured by orbital bombardments and massive landing craft , pouring tidal storms and lashing rain down upon my Iron Warriors as they push through the Himilazian passes towards the Palace. Beautiful.

Let's see. Left side: a couple of Whirlwind Hyperios, a converted Thunder Siege tank?, a Basilisk, LR Spartan, Predator Destructor, and some kinda... I dunno, and a Macharius Omega(maybe?).

Can't tell what the big pile of parts is in the rear center.

Right side is a Warhound.

Yep. The middle thing is an Armoured Proteus, the 'Thunderer' was a cheap pick up off of Ebay that I'm trying to repair, The Whirlwinds are just standards, The mystery machine is my mock up of a prototype Sabre tank hunter from the Unification. Not shown are a Fire Wasp prototype, and three Assault Centaurs that I'm turning into Attack Bikes with Autocannons. En route from FW is also two Malcadors, another Proteus, a Achilles-Alpha for my command squad, a Gorgon to carry my Dread Talon, a predator infernus, and some bits and bobs for my other two projects.....

Wow, but time brother. Wish I was back south to see these. Miss you man!

How you been, dude? Are you on the North Slope right now?

Very impressive!

My favorite must be the Fist Termi, you can se the energy in that model. The banner bearer is also really well done, I recognise the banner from somewhere. Could you tell what model it comes from?

I want to say the banner was a fantasy ork banner. Can't remember from what kit. I just loved how ragged it looked, like it's literally survived since the very inception of the Legion.

EDIT: where's the termie with the moustach and the power bat? or was he for your seventh legion force?

He was, sir. Sadly, I decided to focus on my Iron Warriors, and they needed Termies, so... yeah.

Very nice, this thread. Just read through the whole thing, since it said Iron Warriors on it, and I like it a lot. With my 5000p of SW starting to get done, I'm thinking of starting a traitor legion and the IW are in the top three contestants, so this thread was really inspiring. Thank you for that. =)

If you follow the link in my sig that says 'XIV Dragoons", you'll find the rest of my boys history, close ups of models, and amazing fluff from my fellow project mates. smile.png

I'm glad to see this progressing. Really glad actually, but you really need to get started on your Iconoclasts! Because if we do a 'SIege of Madrigal' campaign next year, I can't think of any force more poetic to burn madrigal and the II to the ground than your Iconoclasts.

I can't say. msn-wink.gif

gallery_37532_5274_8455.png

Curious to know what the smaller 5 man squads at the front represent!

Oh, nothing crazy. They're just incomplete squads waiting for their buddies and rides, lol.

Archived