XIV Dragoon, VII Grand Company, IV Legion (13Jun2015)

Hyaenidae

• 6 months later...

Been a while, huh? Life has been harsh lately, and I'm just getting over one of the worst inspiration-blocks I've ever had.

Still, the War must go on.

Legionaire Tahkt Adur, 2nd Sapper Platoon, XIV Dragoons. Once a member of the hard-luck CV Dragoons, Tahkt's blunt, brutal and forlorn outlook is a product of his Squadron's desperate struggle for survival after earning the displeasure of the Iron Lord. Abandoned without supplies or reinforcements against the combined assault of thirty two Solar Auxilla Brigades for nearly six years, the handful of trenchers that survived the nuclear no-man's land of The Citadel of Blades and finally claimed bitter victory were viciously capable, but utterly hollowed out in heart. The dozen survivors of the CV Dragoons were absorbed by the XIV at the edges of the Sol System, without fanfare or celebration, the last living remnants of their old Squadron fading forever.

gallery_37532_8712_16974.png gallery_37532_8712_245938.png

Welcome back dude! thumbsup.gif I mean, it goes without saying that it's unfortunate you're an Iron Warrior guy now msn-wink.gif This dude looks absolutely excellent; I always love all of the gear added to your marines. Definitely looking forward to seeing this guy finished and what's to come! Keep it up, man!

Awesome work, bro! He looks as though he his carrying a full six years worth of gear. I love all of the extra detail that you've added, especially the additional plating on his greaves :tu:

Great to see you back chief, the phalanx Warder helm is excellent.

Can't wait to see what you've got in store

Thanks, man, my plans are returning back to this old, foggy mind, but the ETL comes first right now. The III legion is getting their day in the sun, with my vow. The rest of my Iron Warriors are gonna have to wait for a little bit.

Welcome back dude! thumbsup.gif I mean, it goes without saying that it's unfortunate you're an Iron Warrior guy now msn-wink.gif This dude looks absolutely excellent; I always love all of the gear added to your marines. Definitely looking forward to seeing this guy finished and what's to come! Keep it up, man!

Says the Night Lord who was of the XX Legion, lol. Good to see you too, man. Your work on your VIII Legion is inspired.

Awesome work, bro! He looks as though he his carrying a full six years worth of gear. I love all of the extra detail that you've added, especially the additional plating on his greaves thumbsup.gif

That is what I wanted to hear, right there. I really wanted it to look like this dude had survived the worst Trenchfight in human history, and had come out the other side a Master of midnight raids, but cold and heartless, totally empty. His only concern is his continued survival, which translates into the salvaged equipment and weapons he carries, an echo of the days when supplies were so short, the fighting would be down to knifework at times. The IV Legion's diligence and paranoia would translate that psychosis (in my mind) as a desperate need to scavenge everything, and strengthen their defenses. Scrap armour, homemade weapons and explosives, entrenching tools, a mortal's shotgun loaded with plastek flechette darts, bangalores, breaching charges, the underslung grenade launcher, red-dot sight, grenades, grenades, grenades, grenades, C-4, grenades, grenades, grenades, grenades.......

Trench Raider, through and through.

Thanks brother!

He's looking awesome so far biggrin.png Never thought an Imperial fist helmet would fit an Iron Warrior but damn does it look good!

I know, right? It just worked, lol.

The sheer amount of kit that guy has is awesome! I really like the trench mace dangling back there!

Thanks, man. I guess he's my S-4 guy, lol.

Nice to see you back working on your Iron Warriors Hyaenidae.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/01/0192c7ec88ca5d4d948a95957dbfce707003919b568fad6f62f3679ed72f7b89.jpg

:P

Says the Night Lord who was of the XX Legion, lol. Good to see you too, man. Your work on your VIII Legion is inspired.

Yeah, yeah, yeah msn-wink.gif What's one more betrayal amongst a band of traitors? Thanks, man appreciate it!

That is what I wanted to hear, right there. I really wanted it to look like this dude had survived the worst Trenchfight in human history, and had come out the other side a Master of midnight raids, but cold and heartless, totally empty. His only concern is his continued survival, which translates into the salvaged equipment and weapons he carries, an echo of the days when supplies were so short, the fighting would be down to knifework at times. The IV Legion's diligence and paranoia would translate that psychosis (in my mind) as a desperate need to scavenge everything, and strengthen their defenses. Scrap armour, homemade weapons and explosives, entrenching tools, a mortal's shotgun loaded with plastek flechette darts, bangalores, breaching charges, the underslung grenade launcher, red-dot sight, grenades, grenades, grenades, grenades, C-4, grenades, grenades, grenades, grenades.......

Trench Raider, through and through. 

Ah, I've missed your character making skills, brother. It'll be good to see more from you. :D

Just a quick question oh Ancient One, isn't your reflex red dot backwards, or did you prefer it that way? I believe they're mounted more forwards so there's less eyestrain, but if you like the look I'm all for it! Sorry the model OCD kicks in :D

I do love the umbra pattern with the under slung grenade launcher, kinda reminiscent of the old AK platform with the GL-9 (?) launcher that is muzzle loaded.

Just a quick question oh Ancient One, isn't your reflex red dot backwards, or did you prefer it that way? I believe they're mounted more forwards so there's less eyestrain, but if you like the look I'm all for it! Sorry the model OCD kicks in biggrin.png

I do love the umbra pattern with the under slung grenade launcher, kinda reminiscent of the old AK platform with the GL-9 (?) launcher that is muzzle loaded.

Reflex/ Red dot come in many shapes and sizes. Heck, check out MSE's sci-fi version...

http://vtsupply.com/images/aqc1c.jpg

After going through this thread I want to start Iron Warriors. Damn You Hynedia!!! Its hard enough to stick with one army even harder just to stick with one legion. Sigh I really want to read storm of Iron but I dotn want to like Iron Warriors.

Sigh I really want to read storm of Iron but I dotn want to like Iron Warriors.

If it makes you feel better, I'm a Imperial Herald fan. Go figs, dude.

Just read Storm of Iron once. Let it soak in, especially the Hunt for the Warhound. Only an Iron Warrior, all alone, would see the Titan that just wiped out 600 of his brothers, and say "I'm going to kill you with my bare hands". Then, go read The Crimson Fist, and study the vicious and paranoid nature of the Iron Warrior upper command, and the abject fear and awe they held of their Father.

Then I dare you to tell me the Iron Warriors ain't worth it.  :P

• 1 month later...

Late. I tired. No talk. Need sleep. Enjoy.

gallery_37532_8712_26317.pnggallery_37532_8712_160631.png

gallery_37532_8712_16670.pnggallery_37532_8712_2215.png

A huge thank you to Greyall, for the original inspiration, and to Dark Rage, for the wonderful model he lovingly hand crafted from nothing but Greenstuff. The XIV Dragoons are forever in your debt, gentlemen. :)

gallery_37532_8712_200340.pnggallery_37532_8712_302907.png

gallery_37532_8712_10428.pnggallery_37532_8712_58692.png

gallery_37532_8712_338495.png

gallery_37532_8712_82360.pnggallery_37532_8712_174546.png

A sneek peek at the next squad.

gallery_37532_8712_711873.png

Night, y'all.

That's Hyaenidae for ya. The extent that the conversions go is inspirational, I think, and the character behind them is just as good.  Well worth keeping an eye on, AO108. ;)

Archived