Cheers guys ^_^ and I'm glad i have appeased the shark!

I'm half way to finishing my terminators, as in Iv'e pretty much done the bases still blood splatter to add to some and maybe re-tweak the fire but overall I am happy they are done, and i can start to paint the important part msn-wink.gif. I'm not gonna waste your time showing you the last 3 poses of terminators as i want to wow you guys when they have some paint slapped on them... or thats the idea. In the end I only went for one crazy pose which i toned down. Though i may use the full idea for my vanguard as it would seem more plausible. Let me know what you think so C&C especially on the fire I wasn't sure about adding black tips and making the bottom whiter like i did with the balrog i painted last year?

Oh and nurgling6688 tutorial on the astral claw symbol came in very handy smile.png

(sorry my phone again)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys first of here is some things I've been working on like another objective marker and a drop-pod along with washing my predator (not the one in the garage mind you) ready for assembly, along with painting the terminators of course smile.png.

Heres I guess a hint put an ashen circle and 2 plastic shark symbols together and you get ? A man with some odd shaped wings...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/571f12fe-110a-471f-a5fe-1718ccd488e4_zpsd3a0e784.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0088_zpsa9e763ae.jpg

Drop Pod primed... no joke though its the same colour as the plastic which is as annoying as its sounds.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0097_zps51c287d4.jpg

Objective marker

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0096_zpsc9b2f61a.jpg

Now I need some help really Im not sure what colour to do the claws.. Im torn between a bright bright green, red or deep purple?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0093_zps2654e44b.jpg

Pants picture but shows the tone of greys better

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0092_zps64aa89c7.jpg

Any help or C&C would be appreciated smile.png thanks for looking

I think deep purple would really go well with the grey. They are both somber and dark purple is actinic as well. Dark enough purple with a light (thin) purple highlight would almost look like glass and that could go back to the Maori culture the sharks get their roots from. Ramble mode off .......... :)

That objective marker looks great. I am waiting until summer when I will have more room to build terrain and such, but that pic is going into the idea folder. Thanks!

Cheers guys I may go purple or green it's something to think now I have dome opinions smile.png

@forte I don't want to do blood on the claws them selves to much as in my mind the blood would boil off the blades.. Though making it look gory will be a pain without any on the blades.

@200plus ramble away mate I spent 6 weeks looking up moari and tahitan culture as well as research the carcharodon (between work and life) before I painted anything smile.png Oh and what does glass have to do with sharks in the moari culture please I'm very intrigued The center is actually a blow torch nozzle the rest from various building kits can do a bits list if you like?

@Honda lol thanks mate shark to meet you as always.

@deathspectersgt7 cheers mate I am leaning towards a purple sorry Honda but green would be easier Ummm.

By "glass" I meant the volcanic rock imbedded into the weapons typically seen in pictures. Jade, obsidian, and sharks teeth are also used. This rock comes in many textures and colors depending on the mineral compounds of the lava. I am not a geologist by any means smile.png it just seems to me that with a nearly open palette from volcanoes on earth the possibilities would be endless if we could use volcanoes on other planets too.

As far as a parts list for the building is concerned there is no need. I would lose it before I go shopping LoL. My typical shopping experience for terrain is to wander around Home Depot and imagine that I am 28mm tall. I throw everything that looks like a piece of a building into my cart. After an hour or so my girlfriend drags me out of the store and I go home and start building like a madman.

Oh wow Yeh I see your point that's pretty cool maybe paint it like rough glass... Have to experiment thank you mate :)

Luckily for me I work in one so stuff we skip or polystyrene I get first dibs ^_^ I would Probably have the same treatment though I get alot of eye rolling when I say that plumbing fixing would be awesome etc :) it's the only form of shopping I enjoy ;P

Oh wow Yeh I see your point that's pretty cool maybe paint it like rough glass... Have to experiment thank you mate :)

Luckily for me I work in one so stuff we skip or polystyrene I get first dibs ^_^ I would Probably have the same treatment though I get alot of eye rolling when I say that plumbing fixing would be awesome etc :) it's the only form of shopping I enjoy ;P

Alright for some

@forte Yeh I bet they do :) your personal little helpers.... ;)

Well I've slept on it and think I will almost go for a best of both worlds having a look at obsidian, I found this green arrow/spear head that was both green and purple. Possible to blend the two together hopefully?  With purple at the start and green tips and blue green jagged lighting strokes to make it look like glass. Just think this is far out of my painting comfort zone though running before walking springs to mind 

http://www.woodyblackwell.com/images/web27.jpg

Oh and if anyone is interested I had a personal goal to find what font FW used on the Carcharodon transfer sheet as I want to make my own and keep the font though out my army sod free handing characters like this for names on my marines xD

http://www.ffonts.net/index.php?p=refresh&id=22720&text=Mason%2520Serif 

(this Mason serif regular) 

Claws in that color scheme would look amazing.

As far as running before walking is concerned, that can be where we find the true inspiration in the hobby, our real "AH-HA" moments. Accident can be the true "mother of invention". Having said that, I must admit that for every Ah-Ha moment I suffer a few oops moments as well. My scrap boxes have dozens of marines that will never grace the B&C boards except maybe as casualties at the feet of my conversions. But even in my failures I am learning.

The important thing to keep in mind is to know what is important to you and what is your stopping point. Practice the color technique on something other than your project first. Even when you move on to the claws know when/if something is going wrong. If that happens jump back to the practice model. When you have calmed down you can jump back to the claws.

++ I hope you realize I am posting this for everyone and anyone that reads this thread. As I was proof reading it, it sounded very condescending, like I was telling you how to paint. I am sure you know all these things Squeaky. I just ramble now and again ++

If it wasn't for trying new things I wouldn't have painted marble on guns. Or be building a Blastmaster. Or planning to paint Noise Marines like modern art (which I hope will work).

Pushing yourself is the only way to improve and end up with your own individual touch on your models. Try it on bits that you won't be using.

@200plus: Na it didn't seem condescending even if it was only directed at me and yeh you are right if we didn't try new things I'd still be painting in 3 flat colours like I'd did a nearly a decade ago XD

@forte: modern art.. what kind that is going to be awesome and very slaneesh :D

@The_Chaplain: Glad someone else found it useful ;)

@Sqeaky. Check my thread (click on the Divine Flayers banner). All is in there

Actually, there's more in there than you really want to know. ;) Consider the source whistlingW.gif

@Sqeaky. Check my thread (click on the Divine Flayers banner). All is in there

Actually, there's more in there than you really want to know. ;) Consider the source whistlingW.gif

I have no idea what you're incinerating

@Sqeaky. Check my thread (click on the Flayers banner). All is in there

Actually, there's more in there than you really want to know. msn-wink.gif Consider the source whistlingW.gif

I must be missing something or the dark thoughts of slaneesh just don't flow quite like yours and forte ;P

@Forte great idea and that will be a heck of a job to recreate on the armour but I look forward to seeing it come to fruition!

I haven't had a time to have a practice om the lighting claw effect. But after playing 2 games yesterday, I had a character stand out which in retro spect wouldn't be on the field with carcharodon as their knowledge is to highly prized.

A master of the forge with conversion beamer and sheild eternal got fired at I think we where sad and counted over 60-90 times and only took one wound.. He was that much of a bullet Sponge I had to actually mock one as he annoyed my dad that much XD it wasn't his game really as he blow up a hole squad of his own (and nearly a hole squad of mine as I was going to charge next turn) with a deviating vindicator XD.

Here he is....

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0111_zps2bb6a8d6.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0112_zps5069d1af.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0113_zpsfb207e8a.jpg

Here is one of my dad's "predators" as he still has most of his army boxed and Un-opened for well over 2 years and some forgeworld bits they don't do anymore.... Jammy sod

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0102_zps7ab61368.jpg

There's a nice cluster duck of everyone piling in

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/DSC_0101_zpsecafdc05.jpg

Hey guys sorry for the absence I've been busy at work both hobby and the one that pays for the hobby kind of. Writing some fluff for My custom Master of the Forge along with some rules, which i hope are not unfair but il post them in the rules sub section or maybe a link later on.

I give you Iapetus the Herald Of Maws brief history I would just like to appologise for block of text. If you dont want to read the Fluff then hope on down to my next post smile.png

Iapetus is possibly one of oldest Carcharodons, rumoured to
be there at the founding of the chapter around M32. Little is known about him even within the
reclusive chapter itself owing to the nature of the techmarines and priest
having to maintain also modify the archaic ships that make up the armada and
heresy era weapons. So constantly working in bowels of Charibdys cruisers and
other aging ships they are rarely seen or taken notice of. Though some attract
attention owing to their sheer size, age and the arcane technology they bare.

Iapetus is in the latter category standing well over 10 feet
tall, clad in black artificer armour with scrimshaw detailing baring a weapon
and shield of his own creation. The very decks of some ships creak and moan
when he walks down the narrow passage ways under his weight. Due to Iapetus’s
age some marines within the Carcharodons chapter do not believe his length of
service or pass him off as a relic only fit for the maintenance of machine spirits.
But he is actually on the Council of Predation the governing body of the
chapter which decides targets and creates plans of attacks. Each member is
anonymous to one another except for the chapter master, as the council convenes
via holo-projection with masked silhouettes to keep each members bias of the
other factions that make up the fleet out of the council and focused. Each member
is usually a company masters or captains of note each with a different favoured
combat orientation.

Iapetus is very much a solitary being and prefers the clunk
and hissing of his machines. The custom conversion beamer he created is heavily
modified with a plasmordial forge and a dense particle accelerator giving it
the traits of two weapons.

His idea behind reverse engineering and miniaturizing the Nicors plasma destructor and combining
it with a conversion beamer was to increase the range of the almost suicidal
maximum first plasma destructor he had
tried to make as a personal weapon. This almost took his life when it exploded
in a massive ball of plasma and ripped apart the lab he had constructed on a
planetoid the chapter where replenishing ranks on. Even if the combination of the high velocity
beam still isn’t enough to carry the super heated plasma a great distance, the
two elements create a massive jet of plasma which eventually droops to a wave
as the plasma fans out cascading several times before dissipating like a storm
lashed sea.

Most of Iapetus’s gear is inspired by the Nicors’ armaments such as the custom
shield he named the Void of Proteus.
Which is said to have a gravity displacement so immense when the kinetic
dampener is activated it bends the light around him.

Several battle brothers mostly Carcharodons and even some Fire
Angels during the Badab war kept claiming to see the occasional flash of blue
light far of in the horizon with an eerie silence falling after each flash. A
few ended in crackles of lighting similar to the sound teleporting generates. Both
accounts from the two chapters think it a glitch caused by atmospheric pressure
or a distant warp drive of an orbital synchronous ship.

Few Investigations where launch and little was found at the
supposed origins of the flash other than vast amounts of slag made up of varying
alloys. Different background organic signatures possibly human of composition
and the embers of plasma waste. The
Carcharodons have earlier records of the distant anomaly cached in their
historical achieves stretching as far back to the Angevin Crusade. They call it

the Taniwha a guardian spirit of good fortune for the next day.

Archived