My little maulerfiend WIP (whats better then one head?)

nurglez

Right, so I've been aiming to try out a maulerfiend for awhile, and recently I agreed to play with no drake vs a friend of mine (he doesn't like flyers, especially the heldrake). So I took a maulerfiend instead.

Even though I didn't win in 3 games I had great fun, so thought I would try and actually finish my model.

I originally wanted to add in a cerberus style ecto plasma fiend, but I'm not sold on the ecto plasma, yet to use it but short range and gets hot worries me, so I carried this idea over onto my maulerfiend.

He still needs a bit of repair work on his slightly widened neck, and mold lines removed, battle damage added etc, but i'm happy with him so far.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/threeheads_zps853824b1.jpg?t=1376841748

He is going to be mid run, so that paint is holding him at the right angle sort of, need to sort out some pinning for his base too.

That. Is. Awesome.

drool.gif

If i read about a 3 headed maulerfiend with a badly modelled neck in one of your books, I'll know where you got the idea from tongue.png

Forgot to mention, he will be painted in my Iron Warriors scheme, when I eventually paint him.

Sorry Chaeron, I'm a bit shocked that I haven't seen any multi headed mauler/forge fiends in my looks around the webs.

Sorry Chaeron, I'm a bit shocked that I haven't seen any multi headed mauler/forge fiends in my looks around the webs.

There has most certainly been a dearth!

I purely had a spare head (from my first), so have just been trying (read: failing) to get an appropriate neck for months now. Was actually working on his base earlier today!

well, I had considered completely scrapping the normal neck, and then it came to me. The heldrake has a very similar look on its neck, so I took a spare neck and added it to the sides. Still needs repair work (quite a bit) but that seemed to work at widening the neck so I could fit the extra heads :D

I cut a heldrake neck in half, and went for the front bit. cut off the round bit where the drakes head would sit and then glued that to the side of the fiend's neck.

This picture shows how haphazard I did it, but went the inspiration takes me I have to go with it and repair/hide the damage later! I'm very much an impulsive converter, the more I plan things the less likely I am to finish them.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/IMAG0396_1_zpsd879afc7.jpg?t=1376761170

Currently have 2 ideas for "pet" names. Fluffy and Bitey.

I cut a heldrake neck in half, and went for the front bit. cut off the round bit where the drakes head would sit and then glued that to the side of the fiend's neck.

This picture shows how haphazard I did it, but went the inspiration takes me I have to go with it and repair/hide the damage later! I'm very much an impulsive converter, the more I plan things the less likely I am to finish them.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/IMAG0396_1_zpsd879afc7.jpg?t=1376761170

Currently have 2 ideas for "pet" names. Fluffy and Bitey.

Yes, but what is the name of the third head? teehee.gif

They have soap salesmen in 40k? To be honest I think all 3 are called Bitey :P

Waiting on some guitar wire to start fixing the neck, went through my bits box of chain and added one, only for my friends to say it looked too big and made fun of it :(

What do you guys think? I thought a big chain would make sense as its a strong angry maulerfiend.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/bling_zpsbca867a2.jpg

Thats what I was thinking, it also helps to hide some of the butchering of parts near where his neck meets his body.

I think the shinyness of it detracts from how it looks against the bare plastic of the model, we'll see if/when I get around to painting it.

I love this three headed monstrosity, it is simply beautiful and sums up the very nature of Chaos perfectly. I don't actually like the rules for the maulerfiend, but love the model, especially your three headed version, what to do what to do? I know, love the rules for the FW bloodslaughterer, but hate the model, so I'll convert my own out of the maulerfiend kit, by somehow converting some massive blades and then use your three heads idea, especially 'Khorne-ish' given the fact that they come from juggernauts. Thanks for the inspiration man, and kudos to you for coming up with the idea.

Thats what I was thinking, it also helps to hide some of the butchering of parts near where his neck meets his body.

I think the shinyness of it detracts from how it looks against the bare plastic of the model, we'll see if/when I get around to painting it.

Oh for sure, depending on how you paint the rest of the beast I reckon a dull silver or rust/bronze coloured chain would really work.

Only wish I had of come up with it first! 

Right, finally received some guitar wire, need to find my green stuff and we'll see about repairing some of the damage I caused. 

Thanks for all the compliments, just one of those crazy idea's that worked cos I had some spare blood crusher heads :D

Firstly, thank you for all the praise. I'm not the most creative person, but I can come up with a cool kitbash, No scratch building for me. I was also shocked that no one else had made one (that I've seen anyway, and I did search as best I could).

Right, slowly but surely, I've started to repair his neck .

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/IMAG0398_1_zpsf6c1562c.jpg

I've also fully assembled his body, which is a stock maulerfiend.

I'll do as much as I can, then I'll start on the GS, I'm not too confident, but I'm sure I can do a passable job at least biggrin.png

Archived