Scars Episode XI Updated 16/10 (Spoilers)

I unfortunately feel that due to plot armor, the Khan will not fall. Pity that.

I'm thinking the Khan

beats Mortarion and spares him. Would be a nice change to have a loyalist primarch win for once...other than Russ for once

Let's face it

the Khan wouldn't stand a chance.

yucky.gif

@Dusk: "The Khan wouldn't stand a chance"

Why is that? All accounts (except for the Khan's own opinion) speak of the Khan as a superiorly accomplished swordsman and combatant. No such flattery for Mortarion, at this point.

Plus, technically, he has the advantage of speed and manoeuverability.

Yeah, I'm only messing around. I will be disappointed if Mortarion gets smacked about, mainly because we never get to see his capability. It would be a shame to have him get slapped about on Prospero by The Khan, then slapped about on Terra by The Khan.

No, I thought it was the First Legion who found Caliban, and I seem to remember that they had been directly ordered by the Emperor to go there, and that he was on his way.

Astartes still command Expedition Fleets Cormac.........

Sorry, the "No" part was that they "found" him as in a random patrol. They, his own Legion, were directed by the Emperor.

Yeah, I'm only messing around. I will be disappointed if Mortarion gets smacked about, mainly because we never get to see his capability. It would be a shame to have him get slapped about on Prospero by The Khan, then slapped about on Terra by The Khan.

I'd be disappointed if that happened, as well. A Scythe is a pretty bad weapon for duels, but if someone can master it, it's a Primarch. And it should provide for an awesome show.

Another awesome chapter, it is getting harder and harder to wait for the book. I have a few questions though; the Khan is described as taller and Mortarion as broader. Now I thought that Mortarion was one of the tallest of the Primarchs and was quite lean compared to his brothers, where as the Khan would be smaller and broader (similar build to Russ). Also I am confused why the Khan is hesitating so much at which side he is on, he may be quite an independent fellow but he was said to have believed in uniting mankind amongst the stars and saw the Emperor as the person to help achieve this and share in this goal. At least that what was written in the Index Astartes, this seems to have changed a little.

I am enjoying the greater insights in to the White Scars and how they view themselves and others. I always knew the Khan was bad ass, Mortarion best watch himself. Bit off topic as well I see the Khan more akin to a force of nature.

Plus there's the inherent unreliability of the warp. With over a thousand expeditionary fleets, what's to say that a fleet arrived before it set set? The Emperor wasn't immune to it; He had a 5 year delay getting to Ultramar and Gulliman because of a warp squall.

What we can piece together is:

Horus was the first - judging by Cthonia's relatively close distance to Terra we can assume no later than 15 years in the GC

Alpharius was the last - probably 30-40 years before Ullanor

Curze - Sevatar states he'd been Astartes for around 100 years and Curze would have also had to have been gone a period of time to allow Nostromo to devolve back into an Urban Battlefield. When the Emperor arrived he brought Dorn, Ferrus Manus, Fulgrim and Lorgar in tow.

Perturabo states that Fulgrim was found before him.

Given that they're in the same corner of the galaxy as Terra, Caliban, Medusa, Fenris, Prospero would all have received a visit from the Emperor during the first 50 years of the crusade at the very least

Maybe with the continuing release of all the HH books from FW they might explicitly state what's happening

No, I thought it was the First Legion who found Caliban, and I seem to remember that they had been directly ordered by the Emperor to go there, and that he was on his way.

Astartes still command Expedition Fleets Cormac.........

Sorry, the "No" part was that they "found" him as in a random patrol. They, his own Legion, were directed by the Emperor.

Oh, apologies. Although I can't say that I say the same suggestion presented though.

Another awesome chapter, it is getting harder and harder to wait for the book. I have a few questions though; the Khan is described as taller and Mortarion as broader. Now I thought that Mortarion was one of the tallest of the Primarchs and was quite lean compared to his brothers, where as the Khan would be smaller and broader (similar build to Russ). Also I am confused why the Khan is hesitating so much at which side he is on, he may be quite an independent fellow but he was said to have believed in uniting mankind amongst the stars and saw the Emperor as the person to help achieve this and share in this goal. At least that what was written in the Index Astartes, this seems to have changed a little.

I am enjoying the greater insights in to the White Scars and how they view themselves and others. I always knew the Khan was bad ass, Mortarion best watch himself. Bit off topic as well I see the Khan more akin to a force of nature.

I was under the impression that Mortarion was very tall and lean as well. He was described as such, prior. I believe the tallest Primarch, actually (not largest that's Magnus).

Personally I hope the Khan smacks him stupid. All we seem to see is Loyalist Primarchs getting theirs handed to them. Even when the traitors do lose, there's a plus point to it somewhere down the line (The Lion carved Curze apart like a prize steak and see just how he returned to form in Unrememberd Empire)

Personally I hope the Khan smacks him stupid. All we seem to see is Loyalist Primarchs getting theirs handed to them. Even when the traitors do lose, there's a plus point to it somewhere down the line (The Lion carved Curze apart like a prize steak and see just how he returned to form in Unrememberd Empire)

On the inverse, the Lion got his early on. Even in UE, what he got wasn't that bad. A few scratches? Meh. Try a sword through the back.

Primarch on Primarch action:

Lion vs Curze: 0-1; 1-0; 0-1- Victory: Traitors

Lorgar vs Corax: 0-1 - Victory: Loyalists

Guilliman vs Lorgar: 1-1 - Draw

Guilliman vs Angron: 0-1 - Victory: Traitors

Fulgrim vs Ferrus: 1-0 - Victory: Traitors

Vulkan vs Curze: 1-0; 0-1 - Draw

Russ vs Magnus: 1-0 - Victory: Loyalists

Russ vs Angron: 0-1 - Victory: Traitors

Guilliman vs Curze: 0-1 - Victory: Traitors

Curze vs Dorn: 1-0 - Victory: Traitors

Apologies if I'm missing a fight. Traitors do have the upper hand, yes, but very few are easy wins. The biggest (and only) curbstomps were delivered by the Lion, Curze in UE, and Corax. Not that unbalanced.

Lion vs Curze: 0-1(Curze leaves with sword in back; Lion is carried away), 1-0(Curze is carried away and enters coma and is put on life support), 1-0(Night Lords lose overall battle; Curze flees into bowels of ship), 0-1(The Lion retreats to Sotha to escape booby trap) Result: Contested

I don't count it as such, not while the duel lasted. Curze had the upper hand, the Lion's head was cracked open and bleeding like hell. It was only a draw if we look at the inter-Legion conflict. But I did forget about their second encounter in Prince of Crows, thanks, Kol.

Anyway, while the traitors are winning, which is to be expected - or at least normal - there have been no smacking around's.

Maybe Khan does show himself to be a tremendous combatant and KO's Morty in a few seconds, but that would take any meaning from their previous conversation (back in the old days).

We all know that in the end, the Traitor Primarchs are going to be defeated on Terra anyhow. So honestly, saying the Loyalists aren't getting their dues right now is kind of irrelevant. Things need to look bleak for the Imperium. We know the outcome, anyhow.

Aye, but it was put there by a third person =p

I guess hoping for a duel with no interference is in vain, but that one went pretty straightforward until that meddling Corswain intervened.

@Dusk: With new details like Vulkan's storyline and this Khan vs Morty encounter - plus Curze returning for UE Part 2 - we're bound to have a good few surprises before the outcome.

Primarch on Primarch action:

Lion vs Curze: 0-1; 1-0; 0-1- Victory: Traitors

Lorgar vs Corax: 0-1 - Victory: Loyalists

Guilliman vs Lorgar: 1-1 - Draw

Guilliman vs Angron: 0-1 - Victory: Traitors

Fulgrim vs Ferrus: 1-0 - Victory: Traitors

Vulkan vs Curze: 1-0; 0-1 - Draw

Russ vs Magnus: 1-0 - Victory: Loyalists

Russ vs Angron: 0-1 - Victory: Traitors

Guilliman vs Curze: 0-1 - Victory: Traitors

Curze vs Dorn: 1-0 - Victory: Traitors

Apologies if I'm missing a fight. Traitors do have the upper hand, yes, but very few are easy wins. The biggest (and only) curbstomps were delivered by the Lion, Curze in UE, and Corax. Not that unbalanced.

That's where we are now ? I thought the books were telling stories, not making up some kind of tally or hierarchy among the Primarchs based on random fights.

Guess I was wrong.

Archived