Battle for Humanity (Legion)

GhostMalone

Listen to my story. This...may be our last chance.

We are the last of our fellowship that hold our oaths true. Our brothers broke the edict & we ran from the consequences.

Now we sit on the precipice where our choice will make us damned in the eyes of the imperium but welcomed back by our father or do we face extinction with honour and oaths held intact.

Never futile, but never ending.

These words are what I've told myself to decide on the actions i will take, if this is the path I choose I can save my brothers. But my destiny should never have bought me here.

Was everything meant to be bought so low, was this destinies intention did the Emperor forsee this.

Our father was supposed to be able to see all yet he was the most blind.

The wolves burnt the world I grew to love yet I don't hate them for their actions, we broke the edict we knew the consequences.

Yet still I hold hope that those of us that stayed true to our words will be forgiven. We never strayed from the emperors words, yet my brothers are starting to loose themselves, they are abandoned and miss the company of our father.

I never wanted to be here to be this to be astrates, my father my real father, how I miss him and how I wanted to make him proud. But his face fades with every year his voice looses it's sharpness his words are starting to fall deaf on my ears.

I have made my choice.

Now to see the consequences of this path through to the end, damnation redemption or extinction this I do not know.

But I will never stop I will not falter I will become the warrior scholar I was meant to be I will ascend.

Tarren A'kell

Tactical Sgt of the IInd brotherhood of the VIIth Fellowship, XVth Legion.

Danny Cyanide, they look really good. Mixing armour doesn't always work, but you have managed a good mix.

Did some more work on my command squad. Just need to tidy up the greenstuff, and maybe add some plumes to the three without. Also not sure on the lightening claws, will think about other weapons.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7448/9735449883_b5eab2f924.jpg

Next to start work on a Praetor to lead them, I have two ideas, one, I think, would looks awsome if I could pull it off, however I think it's more suited to the Night Lords. Maybe I should do both.

Edit: looking at the pic I don't think I needed to add so much height to the reaver built 3. I may go over them an down size them. The lightening claw guy really needs some sort of loin cloth to I think.

The crack and snap of bolt rounds was a constant. Gnaeus decided that if he had, naught but, thirty seconds peace he could direct the Head Hunters in their mission. The crash and boom of the Iron Warriors reduced the Imperial Fist defenders fortifications into rubble. It had taken days, entire Titan Legios, but it had been done. The breach was existent, it was apparent, it was real. The impenetrable vastness of the Emperor lay cracked open. It lay vulnerable and the Legions of the 'then liberator' were lulled into a false sense of security. We always hear of those, these ten thousand years past, who declare that had it not been for the duel above, that we'd have taken the grounds of Terra. I disagree, we were matched to a man, even if we outnumbered the defenders by the machination of the Warmaster. They fought for each bloody inch as much as we, if not more. Yet it still did not save Terian Sejan. His head adorned the belt of Gnaeus. I saw it. The forlorn hope was given to the World Eaters and they were cut down like rabid animals in their berserk advance. It was us, the honoured few, the hunters of the heads that crested the breach. Many of us died, too many, but it was worth it. It was ultimately worth it. I worked my gravity displacement rifle back and forth, sending my traitor brothers screaming from the walls, not one of them seeing how wrong they were. It was then I caught the sight of Gnaeus. How his power axe bit its way trough Terian's shield. I'd fought beside before, you know, and I didn't think anyone could best him in the confines of close quarters. How wrong I was, oh how wrong. The crackle of discharged energy snapped me from my reveries as Gnaeus parted Terian's head from his yellow clad shoulders, the venerable and famous soldiers body toppled like a discarded toy. It was that day, I realised our purpose. I'd been there at Istvaan. I'd seen the horror, been part of it, yet I hadn't known. It was then, on the walls of Terra, that I'd known we were prophets, and that Horus, our blessed Lupercal, was a God.

Rather drunk and it's my birthday, have a present! laugh.png

Well, I just put brush to models for the first time in about a decade. Got the undercoat & base coats done on a pair of test models. Not 100% happy, but it'll do for now.

Things I have learnt so far:

1. I definitely need to thing down my paints.
  2. I definitely need to get more practice in before having a crack at the expensive resin.
  3. painting fully assembled models cleanly is hard. I think I'll have to keep the botlers off & paint them seperately.

The weather's gone down hill, so only got the base coats done. Hope to get more done tomorrow, will post pics if so.

When I paint marines, I glue the left arm to the body and after several test fittings with the right arm and bolter, I glue the bolter to the right hand paint the entire right arm/bolter separately by gluing to the ends of GW sprue piece I've cut to proper lengths. I do the same with heads, and on occasion, with backpacks when they get in the way of painting the shoulder pads.

pretty much had a :cuss day

local GW say that my painting style for the world eaters are off

my Angron looks all wrong and my style is pretty much :cuss.

so heres the first five done

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zpse7ff9694.jpg

pretty pissed off and over little 40k centurion loving censored.gif

That's GW for you though - obsessed with the 40k universe. You gotta remind them that this is 30k, when the world eaters were not so different from the blood angels, etc. And seeing as your WE are set on istvaan it's pretty likely that they would have got a bit grubby; drop pod landings are hardly parade grounds. My personal preference is for a bit of gore, but only really on the obviously combat orientated marines. My guys look distinctly clean next to yours, thing I might have to dirty them up more!

So, in summary, ignore those doofuses, everyone here knows good marines when they see them, and yours are excellent.

semi-rant over ;)

apparently they aren't angry enough there to regal looking and that my scheme is to dirty and that they should be covered in gore.

even though they are this way to look regal to look worn and to show that they aren't just bezerkers

Aren't angry enough? Scheme is too dirty? Ah, they're upset it will confuse new players when they come out with their new pre-painted models for "Warhammer 40Klix"

gallery_8429_8832_3713.jpg

BTW, this dusty looking WE (minus the clix base) is from FW's HH painting guide that was released awhile ago. Too clean and tidy for Istvaan if you ask me.

Yours are terrific, Jaspcat. Keep on doing what you're doing.

Guest Musketeer12

"Brothers......What happened?"

A painful silence ensued, Praetor Drax unsure if any others had survived the...the bombing. It must have been a mistake, it must have been. They had been warned of it, hadn't they? Their brothers had warned them of the imminent strike, and saved them from disaster hadn't they? They would be on their way soon to rescue them, to return them to their home.

"Anyone, Anyone Respond?!?!?" A startled, breathless voice rung in Drax's ears.

"Brother, identify yourself" Drax's reaction was cool and crisp, a world of difference from the panicked voice on the other end of the channel.

"Brother...Brother Omax, 4th Grand Company, 15th Brotherhood, 3rd Tactical Squad" Omax's voice was more relaxed now, seemingly as a result of Drax.

Drax remembered Omax immediately; a solid, dependable and talented member of his brotherhood, he would go far in his legion's hierarchy, that was for sure. He was one of the new bloods, recruited after Mortarion was re-united with his sons. Many of the their new brothers from Barbarus looked down on Drax and his Terran companions; who steadily became fewer and fewer; thinking they were superior to them because of their shared birthright with Mortarion himself. Omax was one of the few who looked up to the Terrans and saw good in the qualities they held, honour, brotherhood, loyalty.

"What is your status and position, my friend?" Drax's voice was much more fatherly this time; indeed he was old enough to be his brother's father.

"Bunker 235-1, Sir, or whats left of it. Sargent Tritus is dead Sir, he took the majority of the virus. I've taken over as Acting Sargent, Sir" Omax attempted to make his voice sound unemotional, but Drax could tell that he was shaken by Tritus' death. Tritus had been Omax's mentor for the past five years after his inception into the Death Guard; nurturing the youngster into the proud Astarte he was today. Tritus had also been one of the few Terrans left, and had as a result been one of Drax's closest friends.

"You are not acting Sargent, Omax, you are Sargent"

Before Omax could respond to this new declaration, the channel went dead. Moments later, a voice began to croak across the channel.

"Your fathers have left you, your brothers have forsaken you, and now they are coming. They are coming to right the wrongs of the being who does not deserve to rule. Only Horus deserves that right. And you, the pretenders lackeys, will be the first of trillions to be exterminated. We will give no mercy, for we know you no more...."

pretty much had a :cuss day

local GW say that my painting style for the world eaters are off

my Angron looks all wrong and my style is pretty much :cuss.

so heres the first five done

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zpse7ff9694.jpg

pretty pissed off and over little 40k centurion loving censored.gif

that is unfortunate. and to be honest, I expected more from a GW store. I wish I was in Tacoma, Washington again. the manager Pat, at the local GW was a real cool guy. he was really supportive of peoples vision for theire little plastic dudes.

I personally love the gritty Grimdark thing you've got going. I do not hand out that badge for everyone. but you have earned it. a lttle blood could go a long way, but, having said that, I am not so sure it would actually add anything to your army.

I'm glad you didn't cover them in blood, Jasp. That's so overdone for both 30k WE and 40k Space Sharks.

Finally, a voice of reason. oh, we are going to be good friends!

Archived