Battle for Humanity (Legion)

GhostMalone

don't ever stop sniffing glue(great movie drop BTW) just imagine a ten multi-melta can of whoop censored.gif on an armor heavy army.

That's pretty sweet but ill top it with an update msn-wink.gif

Vet tac squad under way
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zpsadf9c152.jpg

now your just showing off!

My one gripe with the Heavy Support team is that, RAW, most of the weapon options for the Sergeant can't be taken unless the squad is equipped with Heavy Bolters

First we get a rule that reads :

"If chosen then all the heavy bolters in the squad must be exchanged for the same weapon" (emphasis in the book)

Then :

The squad Sergeant may...exchange their heavy bolter for a Nuncio-vox and chainsword or combat blade

So unless he still has a HB, he can't have a chainsword. Afterwards, most options require that the Sergeant have no heavy weapons, so can't be taken unless he exchanged his HB above (since he can't exchange other weapons).

Although considering how the Ork FAQ allows the nob to exchange their weapon before the rest of the squad does, I guess this could be open to interpretation...

Yeah, I would figure that sergeant could change his heavy bolter for a chainsword, etc. prior to swapping out the remaining heavy bolters with autocannons, etc. in which case all the heavy bolters would still have been changed...

Yeah, you can swap the Sgts gear and still change the other weapons. If someone objects to you doing that, you take that heavy FW book and smash their rules-lawyering face in with it.

Kidding about that last part.

Kind of .

I can see no real need to, though. 30k Astartes have specific roles, and a full 10 missle launchers, instead of nine, is a plus.

My IW's will have two Anti-Tank weapons teams; 10 AC's for one, 10 ML's for the other.

Bang.

Yeah, you can swap the Sgts gear and still change the other weapons. If someone objects to you doing that, you take that heavy FW book and smash their rules-lawyering face in with it.

Kidding about that last part.

Kind of .

You can really put the hurt on someone with that book. The corners are real metal and pointy as well. I keep my copy safely tucked away in a messenger bag when I'm not looking at it.

I can see no real need to, though. 30k Astartes have specific roles, and a full 10 missle launchers, instead of nine, is a plus.

My IW's will have two Anti-Tank weapons teams; 10 AC's for one, 10 ML's for the other.

Bang.

so, that's something to plan for then?

See the way I read that is that all heavy bolters must be exchanged, so if you've already exchanged the sarges heavy bolter for other options (chainsword etc) and he no longer has a heavy bolter, you're not in breach of the first part, since it states all HEAVY BOLTERS, not all models msn-wink.gif

I like the way you think!

See the way I read that is that all heavy bolters must be exchanged, so if you've already exchanged the sarges heavy bolter for other options (chainsword etc) and he no longer has a heavy bolter, you're not in breach of the first part, since it states all HEAVY BOLTERS, not all models msn-wink.gif

That's pretty much how I'd play it also (especially considering how the Ork FAQ mentions you can upgrade a Nob's weapons before applying the squad upgrade). The one thing I don't like is that HH:Betrayer put a very distinct emphasis on the fact that ALL heavy bolters must be changed to the same new heavy weapon, therefore implying that the Sergeant's can't be changed to a chainsword in that case...

Still, I wouldn't do it myself anyway, I just find the rule... limiting.

Ok, here are some more inspiring photos to give Ya'll an idea of what I am planning.

first up, A legion Praetor modded out for the XVIIIth.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/919602_406537819454020_1262537073_o.jpg

I like what this guy did with him, but I think he could have taken it further, these are member of a Legion known for artistry after all.

My plans:

scrape the wings and trim off the chest. resculpt it to look like big drake scales.

use the empire general hammer head to make a "copy" of the thunder hammer from Blood angel captain in my collected visions thread.

give him a drake-skin cloak. I will lose the Archeotech pistol altogether it looks like a hand held centurian to me(yes, I think it's that ugly)

now I don't know whether to do a sculpted "dragon" helm or a bare head. I do know if he is bare headed, he WILL have Hair!

next up is a Tactical support squad;

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/966517_406537682787367_1463573483_o.jpg

for some reason, I like the gold helm, it's in!

a TDA Praetor;

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/976373_406537942787341_412001555_o.jpg

for him, I love the "iron halo" thing, that's in, and I actually like the GK helm! but I will mod it of course! and all the sculpted flame, that's a roger that!

next; is a model I want Sally-fy!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/Marine1-1.jpg

I know it's a dark angel but I like the tunic idea and would love to see it in drake skin! and a melta gun.

I will also be borrowing from the Space wolves with the fetish decorations.so expect to see; dragon tooth necklaces, drake-horn trophies, claws, and lot's of Drake pelts

Remember Istvaan, 

prime

Love those photos prime :)

Now the last 5 of my first veteran squad

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps51eb8441.jpg

After work ill undercoat them and the bolters melta and rocket launcher :D

Hopefully by the weekend the first vet squad is complete. Need more basing materials though and the seekers are on hold till my bitz order come through. Vet squad 2 has been ordered from FW and the rhinos are next. My only problem is I don't know if they should be Mki or Mkii

Guys what's the opinion on heresy era storm ravens and talons?

Nope.

On The First Expedition forums, we have Laurie Goulding as a member, and he has stated:

-STorm Ravens

-Storm Talons

-Centurions

Are all Post-Heresy.

Okay so scrap that just have to use storm eagles and wait for the fire hawk models :/ need some flyers for my company I think.

The little cousin wants to do imperial fists at terra and I thought I'd ask for him too as he loves his storm talons

That's pretty much how I'd play it also (especially considering how the Ork FAQ mentions you can upgrade a Nob's weapons before applying the squad upgrade). The one thing I don't like is that HH:Betrayer put a very distinct emphasis on the fact that ALL heavy bolters must be changed to the same new heavy weapon, therefore implying that the Sergeant's can't be changed to a chainsword in that case...

Still, I wouldn't do it myself anyway, I just find the rule... limiting.

What I do find irritating though is that the tactical support squad sarge doesn't have /can't be equipped with any of the special weapons. So although you can have a 5-10man squad full of autocannons with heavy support, you can can only have 4-9 men fielding rotor cannons, then your sarge with whatever you give him.

In fact anyone going to GD this year kindly ask one of the dev's why they've done this :)

Hey guys, throwing up the first wips of my contribution (not going full on oath as I'm a slow modeller/painter):

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5469/9728644199_b87d4046ee.jpg

I wasn't happy with the size (they are a bit short), so I made them taller and resculpted the damaged detail.

Here's the very early work on the final 3 members of the command squad:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2891/9724646051_4577bfb7b3.jpg

A lot of work still to do, but am hoping to get a lot done tonight.

Once they are ready for painting I will build myself a Contemptor, and start work on the Praetor to lead the command squad, then I can start painting. From there I will see how this army grows.

Archived