Battle for Humanity (Legion)

GhostMalone

Great stiff as always guys. Brother Melice i love the sgts pose. Danny C, your soH are amazing. Love the green you have going on.

early test for my Iron Hands:u

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2858/9964182924_f9c30c2079.jpg

Untitled by Tom.Cates, on Flickr

Very nice rotor marine brother!

I'm in with 1000 points of Sons of Horus, for the Emperor and death to the traitors.

Alas Brother

A quick question for everyone...

Do you prefer to do squads entirely in one Mk of armour, or do you prefer to mix them?

As I'm purchasing my models, I've been debating on doing one squad in Mk II, one in Mk III, etc. for uniformity. However, for a more "realistic battle look" a mix in each squad may be better.

If I don't make them uniform per  squad,  was considering a mix like:

Dark Angels Legion I Chapter 7 Battalion 13 123rd Order 

Unit  Type                 Size     Mk II     Mk III     Mk IV     Mk V     Mk VI

HQ Legion Centurion    1                        1      

HQ Command Squad    5         1             2            1            1                            

TR Tactical Squad       10        1             4             2            2            1

TR Tactical Squad       10        1             4             2            2            1

TR Tactical Support      5         1            2             1            1                  

TR Tactical Squad       10        1             2             4            2            1

TR Tactical Squad       10        1             2             4            2            1

TR Tactical Support      5         1             1             2            1                  

TR Tactical Squad       10        1             2             2            4            1

TR Tactical Squad       10        1             2             2            4            1

TR Tactical Support      5         1             1             1            2                              

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Models:           81   =  10            23           21          21           6

Percentages:                  =  12%         28%        26%       26%       7%

[Edit: Chart error! Sorry, not good at pasting charts.]

those are sexy! and yeah, mixing armour marks seems to be a trend. a good trend.

I am going to take the plunge and get an airbrush. I am going to go with the FW recipe, I think. I might change it to make it mine. after all, I am cutting up almost everything I get my hands on to ppersonalize it, so why not my paint!

I'm in with 1000 points of Sons of Horus, for the Emperor and death to the traitors.

Loyalist SoH? that's awesome. I would do that just get Loken. If I ever go a loyalist traitor legion, I think it'd have to be Luna Wolves. I would be an Homage to My old Star Phantoms Army(god, I miss those guys!)

This just in:

http://i.imgur.com/0GePlL3.jpg

jesus, I want one. i just wish skimmers where fluffly for my Legion!

Pssh, take whatever you want. This is the Great Crusade era! Maybe in 40k when the Salamanders spend a lot of their time on their high gravity home world they have limited use of speeders(which was always lame to me), but in 30k, all of the Legions are mobile, moving from one theater of war to the next. You want speeders, use 'em.

As for the speeder, from the pics on FW, I thought it was going to be bigger. It's still larger than the regular speeder, but not by as much as I thought.

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. Just checked, and yeah, no shoulder pads. No worries, as I bought 20 MK III pads from him and I intend on sculpting up some V Legion icons and such on a few of them to have them molded and cast to gear up my army.

There's no need to be brother were just lowly hobbyists ;)

Okay so here's the alpha legion technique

ALPHA LEGION

1. AIRBRUSH WITH THINNED LEAD BELCHER/ IRON BREAKER (50/50 MIX)

2. AIRBRUSH FROM TOP OF MODEL WITH THINNED RUNFANG STEEL

3. MIX A LITTLE TAMIYA CLEAR GREEN WITH TAMIYA CLEAR BLUE (25/75 MIX) AND AIRBRUSH OVER THE MODEL IN 2 COATS

4. AIRBRUSH ARMOUR PANELS WITH TAMIYA CLEAR BLUE. BLENDING FROM MIDDLE OF FIGURE DOWN, SO THE STRONGEST BLUE COLOUR IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PANNELS

5. AIRBRUSH FROM THE MIDDLE UPWARDS WITH TAMIYA CLEAR GREEN

6. USING AN AIRBRUSH BLEND A HIGHLIGHT ON THE HIGHEST PANNELS (HEAD, SHOULDER PADS, TOP OF BACKPACK) WITH RUNEFANG STEEL WITH A TINY AMOUNT OF LOTHERN BLUE, EXTREMELY THINNED DOWN.

7. APPLY THINNED COAT OF TAMIYA CLEAR BLUE OVER THE HIGHLIGHT AND BLEND INTO THE SURROUNDING AREA.

8. USING A BLUE GLAZE, DRAG DOWN THE WHOLE MODEL ALLOWING IT TO SETTLE IN THE DEEPEST AREAS.

9. SILVER – BASECOAT WITH LEADBELCHER

10. WASH WITH NULN OIL

11. HIGHLIGHT WITH LEADBELCHER IN STRIKING MOTIONS TO CREATED CHIPPED AND WEATHER APPEARANCE

12. HIGHLIGHT WITH IRONBREAKER

Archived